Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 Upgrade, No clean install.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭settings

well about a year ago I bought an upgrade for my brother who had xp on that system. I cant remember how I did it but its possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

http://www.software4students.ie/Microsoft_Windows_7_Professional_64_bit_Upgrade_Edition-details.aspx

Seems you can't do a clean install of this anymore, or are they just saying this to deter people from trying? Anybody any information?

Not sure what your getting at here op. It states on the overview tab of the product that you can do a clean install (ie get rid of the previous version of windows that was on the computer)

It will only install on a computer where there was a previous version of windows (like vista, xp) installed.

You cannot install this product on a blank hard drive. Say for instance you had a pc but you used DBAN to wipe the hard drive then it would not install.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

http://www.software4students.ie/Microsoft_Windows_7_Professional_64_bit_Upgrade_Edition-details.aspx

Seems you can't do a clean install of this anymore, or are they just saying this to deter people from trying? Anybody any information?

Not sure what your getting at here op. It states on the overview tab of the product that you can do a clean install (ie get rid of the previous version of windows that was on the computer)

It will only install on a computer where there was a previous version of windows (like vista, xp) installed.

You cannot install this product on a blank hard drive. Say for instance you had a pc but you used DBAN to wipe the hard drive then it would not install.
    Yes you can, I did it on my build, installed it on a totally clean 128gb m4, then activated my code (after a quick registry tweak) and bam it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭M00lers

Eboggles wrote: »
    Yes you can, I did it on my build, installed it on a totally clean 128gb m4, then activated my code (after a quick registry tweak) and bam it worked.

Exactly the same here about 2 months ago, clean install on 128GB SSD, activated my code, no problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Installed it last week on a new blank drive and activated on Monday, no problems, didn't even have to do any registry tweeks.

Check MonoType sig for a link to more info on how to do it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 ConwayTwitty

Oh, well that's quite a relief I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭pcadvice

do you have to prove your a student to get this offer?

Advertisement