Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Muay Thai Dublin

• 22-03-2012 12:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Anybody recommend a gym preferably in town or near to it as I dont drive

I looked at wildgeese on pearse st, I know you will say sbg but they seem more orientated to BJJ/MMA type of thing

I know this has been covered hundreads of times and your sick of answering it but any help is appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Bridgestone Muay Thai are in Arbour Hil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭00MARTZ00

chupasart is in ballymount if your anywhere out that way

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DTB

Dublin Thaiboxing out in kilbarrack but right on the dart line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

+1 on Bridgestone Muay Thai just up off Ellis quay in the city center. (Smithfield luas stop)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dar926

Warriors in Monkstown also close enough to the Dart

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Danny.B

Thanks for the replys, I looked at Bridgestone but the fact that I'd have to get 2 buses or a bus/luas or bus/walk to get to it put me off a bit, but is it worth the extra travelling?

Kilbarrack and Monkstown are the wrong side Dublin for me, Im in Lucan and I know there a club here but there no bus that can bring me to it, and Im about a 45min walk from it so thats why I been looking into to just going to town instead

Is wildgeese not rated very highly then? its more convienent but if Bridgestone is that much better then I guess I'll just have to travel that little bit further . . .

Actually I just looked at it on the map, its only 5 mins from the quays, so think I'll check it out (bridgestone)

Anybody train/trained there before? the classes are all in evening, do you know if they open during the day aswell and you can head down and do your own thing or is it just open for the classes?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

Lucan! Most Lucan buses will drop you at the four courts and thats 5 mins away from Bridgestone on foot.

yeah haha i just checked where it was, anytime i been over that way it was in a car and seemed alot further than it actually is but im prob going to just head in there, like you said its only 5 mins

i was saying there no bus from one side of lucan to the other and thats why im heading to town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Danny.B wrote: »
    Anybody train/trained there before? the classes are all in evening, do you know if they open during the day aswell and you can head down and do your own thing or is it just open for the classes?

Yeah I train in Bridgestone regularly, I find it to be excellent. Some of the top fighters in the country train there and the club competes internationally. They do have drop in rates, so you can just go along and check it out, think its 5-7 euro depending on if your a student (not exactly sure on that).

I have also trained with the daytime coach from Wild Geese and he knows his stuff and has lived/trained in Thailand too.

If you can only train in the afternoon go to Wild Geese, if you can make the evening classes then go to Bridgestone as its well worth traveling for.

Hope that helps

• Advertisement

Peetrik wrote: »
    Yeah I train in Bridgestone regularly, I find it to be excellent. Some of the top fighters in the country train there and the club competes internationally. They do have drop in rates, so you can just go along and check it out, think its 5-7 euro depending on if your a student (not exactly sure on that).

I have also trained with the daytime coach from Wild Geese and he knows his stuff and has lived/trained in Thailand too.

If you can only train in the afternoon go to Wild Geese, if you can make the evening classes then go to Bridgestone as its well worth traveling for.

Hope that helps

yeah i will try check it out next week, im not working at the minute so times arent a problem I was just thinking daytime because I usually lift 4 nights a week and have my little routine down to a T but guess ill just have to shuffle things around

thanks

Advertisement