Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machine Head Supporting?

Options
  • 22-03-2012 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Don't suppose anyone know's who'll be supporting Machine Head on their upcoming gig here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Not sure as yet, but if this thread is anything to go by I won't be heading.

http://www.metalireland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52366

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Considering just how ****e the last 2 albums were and also how stupidly loud the last gig was I think I'll be giving this a miss
    Yet again I am so glad the mouth-breathing morons from that site don't seem to post here on Boards.

Malice wrote: »
    Yet again I am so glad the mouth-breathing morons from that site don't seem to post here on Boards.

I left that site ages ago as posting as a newbie I got flamed out of there a few times. I mentioned before, very clique-ey over there. It's nice to lurk and get info on gigs though.

But I agree with that post. I don't really like the direction the new MH is going. Their latest one was painful to listen to.

I like Unto the Locust but I was really cringing more at the assertion that The Blackening was shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 wiseblood

Well I used to post here alot a few years ago but can't remember my log in... Just thought I'd swing by though and say that it's excellent moderator behaviour to refer to members of another board as morons. Good job. And silly me for not liking the last few releases...

• Advertisement

wiseblood wrote: »
    Well I used to post here alot a few years ago but can't remember my log in... Just thought I'd swing by though and say that it's excellent moderator behaviour to refer to members of another board as morons. Good job. And silly me for not liking the last few releases...

When worlds collide eh? :pac:

Although I also have to agree that the sound was WAAAAY too loud at the gig. I think my ears were hurting for a week afterwards. Or I'm just getting old.

chin_grin wrote: »
    When worlds collide eh? :pac:

Although I also have to agree that the sound was WAAAAY too loud at the gig. I think my ears were hurting for a week afterwards. Or I'm just getting old.

I guess that makes you a moron too I guess??? Poor us!

I guess that makes you a moron too I guess??? Poor us!

Ex-moron! :pac:

I may join again...to lurk.

Ex-moron! :pac:

I may join again...to lurk.

I don't post there too often myself. It is a great resource for local bands and gigs though and the "moron" count is no worse than any other board I've been to.

I don't post there too often myself. It is a great resource for local bands and gigs though and the "moron" count is no worse than any other board I've been to.

True! Just messing with the 'ex moron' comment. Seems to be more people in the 'industry' or the know over on MI too. (H and his amazing ways. Especially for local talent).

So Machine Head...will you be going? I may wait to see who's supporting and make my mind then.

• Advertisement

Evile are supporting. Think they supported at the last Ambassador gig too. Decent band but sadly won't entice me...

Evile are supporting. Think they supported at the last Ambassador gig too. Decent band but sadly won't entice me...

No me neither. Wasn't it Man Must Die, Hatebreed and someone else the last time? Cousin and I got in to the start of Hatebreed not knowing that they started the gig earlier than billed so I missed MMD. Feckers.

Well I used to post here alot a few years ago but can't remember my log in... Just thought I'd swing by though and say that it's excellent moderator behaviour to refer to members of another board as morons. Good job.
    Why is moderator status used as some sort of stick to beat people with? My status on this forum is irrelevant as it has no bearing on my opinion of that site. I'd say the same thing even if I was a regular user. I've seen and suffered enough moronic behaviour on there to be confident that I'm correct in my assertion and missing nothing by avoiding it.
    wiseblood wrote:
    And silly me for not liking the last few releases...
    See, you're only hear five minutes and you're already talking sense ;).

Why is moderator status used as some sort of stick to beat people with? My status on this forum is irrelevant as it has no bearing on my opinion of that site. I'd say the same thing even if I was a regular user. I've seen and suffered enough moronic behaviour on there to be confident that I'm correct in my assertion and missing nothing by avoiding it.

See, you're only hear five minutes and you're already talking sense ;).

I dunno maybe leading by example and all that when it comes to proper behaviour on a message board. Referring to someone as a mouth breathing moron for merely having an opinion on another site isn't vey becoming of anybody. Tarring me with the same brush as some others that you don't agree with is hardly the way to go now is it? Or can we apply sweeping generalisations to all groups of people? (the ravers, indie kids, knackers etc)

I've a feeling trying to reason with you is like a line out of Anthrax - Caught In A Mosh.

Anyway that's the last I'll say on the matter... Enjoy the gig then eh?

Apolgies Malice, but I'm with Wiseblood on this one. You did call the users off another board site 'morons' for just having an opinion about MH'd latest albums.

I dunno maybe leading by example and all that when it comes to proper behaviour on a message board. Referring to someone as a mouth breathing moron for merely having an opinion on another site isn't vey becoming of anybody.
    So because I'm a forum moderator I'm automatically disallowed from having an opinion? Or, I can have an opinion but only once it's non-controversial or just that you agree with it?
    wiseblood wrote:
    Tarring me with the same brush as some others that you don't agree with is hardly the way to go now is it?
    Why not? Sure I might as well invoke Godwin's Law and compare that site to Stormfront. If I happen to come across a reference to Stormfront and comment on my dislike for their site and one of their members posts here challenging me on it am I note allowed associate my perception of that person with my perception of the site?
    wiseblood wrote:
    Or can we apply sweeping generalisations to all groups of people? (the ravers, indie kids, knackers etc)
    Of course we can :). Most people already do especially when it comes to metal fans. Aren't we all half-deaf, Satan-worshipping church-burners?
    wiseblood wrote:
    I've a feeling trying to reason with you is like a line out of Anthrax - Caught In A Mosh.
    Well if we start from the premise that you accept The Blackening isn't shite then we're off to a good start. Otherwise you're just wrong.

Otherwise you're just wrong.

In your opinion. <stirs pot> :pac:

Also you're all Nazi's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Just for the record I am NOT half deaf. That is all I have to say about that! The most stupidly loud band I ever saw was testament many moons ago, backline was a wall of marshalls and every feckin one must have been on 11. They get a pass coz of their greatness though!

In your opinion. <stirs pot> :pac:
    Well yeah, sure who else has a valid opinion around here? :p

So because I'm a forum moderator I'm automatically disallowed from having an opinion? Or, I can have an opinion but only once it's non-controversial or just that you agree with it?

Why not? Sure I might as well invoke Godwin's Law and compare that site to Stormfront. If I happen to come across a reference to Stormfront and comment on my dislike for their site and one of their members posts here challenging me on it am I note allowed associate my perception of that person with my perception of the site?

Of course we can :). Most people already do especially when it comes to metal fans. Aren't we all half-deaf, Satan-worshipping church-burners?

Well if we start from the premise that you accept The Blackening isn't shite then we're off to a good start. Otherwise you're just wrong.

****ing eejit...

• Advertisement

wiseblood infracted for abuse.

So you can openly abuse and berate me yet calling you an eejit gets me an infraction...

Does calling you a handicapped spa get me a permanent ban then???

Wave your moderator stick now you ****...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

smileyvault-popcorn.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Evile you say?

Looks like I'm going to Machine Head. (If I can get back from work on time.)

So you can openly abuse and berate me yet calling you an eejit gets me an infraction...
    Nowhere on this thread have I abused you (as in the Boards user). Unfortunately you haven't extended me the same courtesy. Per the forum charter and as a general site-wide rule abuse of other site users is not tolerated.
    wiseblood wrote:
    Does calling you a handicapped spa get me a permanent ban then???
    Sure, since I doubt you're going to prove to be a productive participant in the forum I guess we don't need you around.
    wiseblood wrote:
    Wave your moderator stick now you ****...
    It's not a moderator stick, it's a banhammer...
    banhammer_pulpfiction.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I've just gotten a Press Release to confirm Evile will support Machine Head in Belfast and Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Chikablam

Sweet thanks, I'll look em up now

Evile are supporting.
    I've just gotten a Press Release to confirm Evile will support Machine Head in Belfast and Dublin

Earlier in the thread....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Chikablam

Ah, I've only been skimming through

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I was never really gone on Evile tbh, just could never get into them. Still, I'm tempted to go to this, although if I do I think I'll finally invest in a pair of earplugs. (After the last MH gig I could barely hear for 3 days afterwards)

Also, wow I'm glad I don't go on MetalIreland..

Advertisement