Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 - Week 12 Results

Options
  • 22-03-2012 1:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭

Green Bay 42-14 New Orleans

Green Bay continue on their march to the NFC North victory with a comprehensive victory against the Saints in the Superdome. The game started off dodgy for the Pack with the Saints scoring on their opening drive. After that, Jake Locker took over. He threw for over 400 yards and 5 TDs and 1 INT. If there is ever a week for him to be player of the week it's this one. The Green Bay D was its usual stern self picking Mark Sanchez off 4 times.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Season over for the Lions?

I am absolutely distraught. Lost 24-20 to Paddy, didn't score in the second half.

Not in the mood to write a full report. But some major events in the game:

My first pass, I threw an interception on my own 20 yard line.

He then fumbled the ball and I recovered. He challenged it was overruled and he gets a TD. 7-0.

I manage to get 2 TDs, a couple of picks and 2 field goals. So its, 20-7. Bears just about manage to get a TD with 4 seconds left, some great play really. 20-14 at the end of the half.

Bears score again after receiving the kick off. Then we punt to each other a few times. He gets a field goal.

About 3 minutes left. I rush it up the field, end up 4th and goal. I lose yards. Think thats it.

Next play he tries to throw it to his wide receiver who is double covered. I jump out of my seat, its in my CBs hands, no wait, he is retarded and just lets it fall.

I still make him punt and I have 1 min 54 seconds with two timeouts on my own 21. I rush it with Chris Johnson make it to the half way line. Go no huddle rush again, FUMBLE!!! :mad::mad:

Season over? Yet another loss by 1 score where arguably I should have done better, just can't see games out. Feels like the Madden gods are against me.

Well done Paddy though, I was having none of your passing game today, I knew Dwayne Bowe would be out to get me but you stepped it up on your rushing game and with the threat of Bowe, it was hard to stop you. Good game and good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

The Bills go 6-5 ! A winning record. A irritating 17-10 win over the CPU dolphins with Arian Foster staring with a 100 yard game yet again. It was the D though that won this game with 12 sacks. Campbell did not throw a pick, so fair play to the dolphins but he kept tucking and running and got killed by D-line.

Also i cannot wait for Ray Lewis to retire. If i have to hear after my running back is tackled. " The landshark Ray Lewis was there to make the tackle again"

Next up the Cowboys who are 7-3. I win that and I'm on course for a play off spot for sure, lose it and 8-8 is still a real possibility. Really hoping the Colt's have the AFC South wrapped up by week 17.

Raoul: Ouch man ! your season could be so different. 4 games you've lost by one score. With 3 of them in overtime? Sickening ! Hard to see you getting to the play offs now. 11-5 if you win out and even that in the NFC might no get you into the play offs with the bears and the 49ers having such good records already.

Your like the eagles in the NFL. A dream team at WR and RB but it all falls apart :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

Falcons loose 17 - 26.

Shocking first quarter, first throw intercepted. First run fumbled, was chasing for the rest of the game almost thought i had them

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Eagles beat the Cowboys by a FG in OT to pull back level in the NFC East.

No time to post a full report but it was a cracker of a game.

An INT right at the end of the second half cost me badly, still got no idea why I threw it as I seen he was being covered by 2 players. The only turnover of the game.

Thanks for the game Empacher, looking forward to the return in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Raiders-Vikings at the Coliseum. In the Coliseum the Raiders usually stink up the place but they were favourites today.

The Raiders won the toss and received. They drove it down to inside the 40, most of the yards coming off one screen pass. The Vikings DE play kept MJD from achieving much running. The Raiders went for it on 4th down yet failed.
    The Vikings took over around the 40 and drove it down to the Raiders 30 using Freeman, their RB before settling for a field goal.
    The next Raiders drive went exactly the same way as the first drive, getting to the 40 but turning it over on downs. The Vikings took over but could do nothing and punted it.
    The Raiders got it to the Vikings 40 when the Raiders coach made a heroic/audacious move, flipping the playbook to help the running game (essentially changing all the plays from right to left). Power to the left side and MJD was away for a 40 yard TD.
    The Vikings took over at their 20, drove it down the field and with a few seconds left in the half went for a short field goal. A Raiders DB made an incredible FG block, leaping at least 10 yards to smack the field goal attempt down to the ground, it could've been returned for a TD if Will Witherspoon had his wits about him.
    HALF TIME, 7-3 Raiders.
    The Vikings received in the 2nd half, and got it to the 40, at which point Tom Brady threw it to Colston in the middle of the endzone for a TD (he was in single coverage). The Raiders kept up their genious left side idea and got it down within field goal range. Sammy Morris took it up the middle on 4th and inches and got a 16 yard gain just after the start of the 4th quarter. He got another first down soon after, running to the 3, but got injured. Tony Fiammetta took it the rest of the way.
    The Vikings received the kick, got a first down but with around 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter but then punted to the Raiders 36. MJD took it all the way on the first play and that was pretty much it.

Stats:
    QBs:
    Matt Schaub 100.8-7-10-97-0-0
    Tom Brady 107.3-15-23-201-1-0
    RBs:
    MJD 37-211-2
    Freeman 10-55
    Morris 3-21
    Fiammetta 2-3-1
    Apparently, though I didn't notice it, Ryan Pickett also got in on the action with a 3 yard run.
    Receiving:
    MJD 7-97
    Colston 4-78-1
    Williams 2-36
    Robiskie 2-30
    Freeman 5-24
    Bennet 1-17
    Daniels 1-16

Pickett got 3 sacks, Pryce got 2, while Witherspoon and Jones got 1 each.

MJD now leads the league in rushing again, but Charles has a game in hand. Next up for the Raiders, who are now 6-5 (but trail the Bills in wildcard on a tiebreaker) play the woeful Chiefs before a very tough 4 week stretch at the end of the season so I should extend my winning streak to 5 games.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well that was the worst madden experience ever, lost to the rams but the lag was so bad i couldn't select plays, do pre play adjustments, anything.

When trying to throw the ball your timing is way off and even running you try to juke and he runs out of bounds.

I don't know if it was madden servers or what but if that happens again I'll be quitting and letting it sim or whatever, no fun whatsoever.

madalig, were you having similar problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

adrian522 wrote: »
    Well that was the worst madden experience ever, lost to the rams but the lag was so bad i couldn't select plays, do pre play adjustments, anything.

When trying to throw the ball your timing is way off and even running you try to juke and he runs out of bounds.

I don't know if it was madden servers or what but if that happens again I'll be quitting and letting it sim or whatever, no fun whatsoever.

madalig, were you having similar problems?

I certainly was, I nearly missed that fg in the final qtr lucky i managed to get it to stop at 94%. Also when i hit Y to fair catch id love the game to FRIKING Fair catch that cost me 7 pts. I never saw as many recovered fumbles! My D were outstanding. No bonus for them though as they didnt injure charles&Britten enough. Tough game but only for that fair catch thing it would have been a clear victory methinks.
    Rams 20 - SF 17

Now 4-7. 2 simmed losses and i game i should have won vs Ravens. This season could have been so much better. Regretting letting Mendenhall go, struggling with my running game big time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

you need to select the player by pressing B before pressing Y as you need to be controlling the guy making the catch.

I found that game completely unplayable and was considering quitting from early on. well done on the win,

adrian522 wrote: »
    you need to select the player by pressing B before pressing Y as you need to be controlling the guy making the catch.

I found that game completely unplayable and was considering quitting from early on. well done on the win,
    Thanks, you know thats two nil to me now:-P I had control and was holding y so was understandably upset to see you waltzing into the end zone.

2-1 to you no? We each won one last year...

Do you have a mic? Much better if we can chat during the game :)

• Advertisement

I'm not sure if I was GM for our 1st game, maybe i'm wrong. I had my mic on, didnt hear you, did you hear my swearing?:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Browns @ Titans part 2

Browns go 8 up.

Best makes a good first run but then McNabb gets sacked but he redeems himself with a pass over the middle to Breaston.

Best pounds it in for a 23 yard TD
    8-7 Browns

Browns have a quick 3 and out and punt it away.

Titans get up the field but dont get past a 3rd and 5 and get a FG

8-10 Titans

Browns hit shockey again and its causing me problems but they end up punting.

Titans try to run it.. get hit and fumble.. Browns run it to the end zone for a 27 yard TD.

15-10 Browns

Best fumbles again :mad: Browns recover.. Titans challenge.. and its overturned!
    Best makes a great run but the Titans get called for a holding penalty
    Titans get up the field and McNabb hits Best for a short reception on a 9 yard receiving TD.

15-17 Titans with 1:25 on in the half

Browns have a 3 and out after Shockey moves the chains and have to punt

McNabb hits Camarillo on a 30 ayrd reception, he doesnt haul it in according to the referree.. however the booth reviews and its overturned

15-24 Titans at the half Titans to receive

Westbrook takes the kick off all the way to the house 98 yards, his second of the season.
    Titans game flow it and it wants them to go for 2, Titans coach TO's to go for the PAT

15-31 Titans

Browns make good progress up the field then send a deep bullet and Adrian Wilson picks it off

Stupid controller!!! McNabb takes a big sack and Titans have to punt

Mathis comes up big with with a 9 yard sack, however the Browns again hit Shockey for a big first down.. and again...

Big game moment! Starks weaves his way through the defense but then gets hit on the 5 yard line and fumbles and Titans recover. Best then gets tackled for a loss and Titans are in danger of giving up safety but Best redeems himself taking a long pass over the middle and then 73 yard rushing TD

15-38 Titans with 4:30 left.
    Browns take a big sack and go for it on 4th and dont get it.
    Titans get it and force the browns to use a TO on a run, they then try to pass to get a new set of downs to kill the game and dont make either of the passes and they punt. Browns again go to Shockey for a first down.
    Browns get in for a TD with 8 seconds left.

22-38 Titans and thats game

Best gets MVP

Some stats:

Titans with 374 yards of offense 153 rushing
    Browns with 285 yards and 124 Rushing

McNabb with a QB rating of 152 with 17 from 19 233 yards 2TDs and no ints.
    Cleveland split their QBs

Best gets 153 yards from 20 carries and 2 Rushing TDs
    Starks gets 109 yards from 16 carries

Shockey gets 148 yards from 7 receptions.
    Best gets 80 yards from 6 receptions and a TD
    Titans also hitting Breaston and Finley forgood yards aswell as Camarillo for a TD.

Not sure how I feel about this one, the last 11 mins or so of the other game would have been fairly interesting tbh

Sorry dave :o

madalig12 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I was GM for our 1st game, maybe i'm wrong. I had my mic on, didnt hear you, did you hear my swearing?:rolleyes:

No didn't hear a thing, maybe you've erased our first game from your memory :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

The Bills go 6-5 ! A winning record. A irritating 17-10 win over the CPU dolphins with Arian Foster staring with a 100 yard game yet again. It was the D though that won this game with 12 sacks. Campbell did not throw a pick, so fair play to the dolphins but he kept tucking and running and got killed by D-line.

Also i cannot wait for Ray Lewis to retire. If i have to hear after my running back is tackled. " The landshark Ray Lewis was there to make the tackle again"

Next up the Cowboys who are 7-3. I win that and I'm on course for a play off spot for sure, lose it and 8-8 is still a real possibility. Really hoping the Colt's have the AFC South wrapped up by week 17.

Raoul: Ouch man ! your season could be so different. 4 games you've lost by one score. With 3 of them in overtime? Sickening ! Hard to see you getting to the play offs now. 11-5 if you win out and even that in the NFC might no get you into the play offs with the bears and the 49ers having such good records already.

Your like the eagles in the NFL. A dream team at WR and RB but it all falls apart :pac:

I was hoping the CPU dolphins would improve somehow after my departure :)

Maybe ;)

(2-0)!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Browns lose out to the Titans after a restart and surely that's all she wrote for the Cleveland team this year.

Browns recieve the kick and Antonio Brown takes it to the house and the 2pt conversion to restore the 8 point lead I had is good. CLE 8-0.

Donavan McNabb methodicaly drives his way down the field before a 23 yard run by Best puts 6 on the board. Vinatieri makes it 7. CLE 8-7

Browns have to punt it away on their first possession of the game.
    Time runs out as the Titans have the ball inside the Cleveland 25 yard line.

8-7 Cleveland
    Browns redzone defence forces a FG after stopping Best, somewhat. 10-8 TEN
    Then the Browns punt it away again.

Browns LB David Bowens stops his former teammate Jahvid Best with a crunching tackle that knocks the ball loose. Fellow LB Kevin Burnett scoops it up and takes it for 6. Feely is good on the xp. 15-10 CLE

On the Titans next drive, Burnett is once again in on the action forcing and recovering a fumble by Best.....but the Titans coach throws out the red flag and it's overturned. Titans move the chains down the field and Best catches one in the end zone. Xp is good. 17-15 TEN
    Browns punt it away.
    Tennessee only need two plays to score again, 33yard pass to Best, and a 30 yard pass to Greg Camarillo which went to the booth and was ruled a catch. XP is good.
    24-15
    Half Time

Westbrook takes the 2nd half kickoff to the house. Xp is good. 31-15
    Browns move the ball down the the Titans 30 yard line. :)
    Ball is picked off on the Titans 10 yard line. :(
    Titans punt it away.

End of 3rd quarter. 24-15 Titans
    4th Quarter:
    Once again the Browns are knocking on the Titans door, ball is at the 21 yard line. Starks takes the handoff, cuts back to the left, he's got room.....FUMBLE at the 5 yard line. :(

Best scores shortly after on a 73 yard run. CPU made a bags of Nnamdi Asomugha's angle of pursuit. Point after is good. 31-15 TITANS

Rookie QB DeMarcus Lattimore runs on to the field and hits Shockey for 25 yards.
    Dalton gets sacked for -10 yards.
    Lattimore runs back on and tries to scramble the 20 yards on 4th down with 1:52 to go without joy.
    Titans punt it away.
    Lattimore to Shockey is good for 33 yards, and then again for 10 yards. Starks gets it on through the air on a HB screen, for some stat padding. Feely is good 35-22
    Titans kneel it and it's over.

McNabb posted a perfect game 152.8 rating. 17/19 for 233, 2 TD's and 0 Ints.
    Best had 153 yards on the ground from 20 rushes and 2 TDs.
    Best also had 80 yards in the air from 6 catches and 1 receiving TD.

Browns main man, Jermey Shockey had 148 yards from 7 catches.
    Browns DST outscored their offence. 14-7 :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Super game against the Bengals

Bengals took a two TD lead and Ravens fought back and then took the lead with three minutes left

Bengals fought back, tied with a TD and scored the winning FG as time expired

Good D from both teams and both QB's played well. Bengals having succuss running outside and Ravens airing it out, scored one fifty yd TD
    This was a high quality game, few mistakes from either side.

Bengals go top of the division but Ravens have a gimme against the Steelers next week so the pressure will be kept up

Rematch in two weeks, looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭daflood

Broncos beat the chiefs to tighten their grip on the AFC West.

Running by committee did it for this one, as McCoy got over 100 yards, Helu got over 50, Bilal Powell got 26 and my rookie QB even got a few.

Nothing really of interest, except, as I have mentioned before..... CHIEFS ARE USELESS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

mikemac1 wrote: »

Bengals took a two TD lead and Ravens fought back and then took the lead with three minutes left

Good D from both teams and both QB's played well. Bengals having succuss running outside and Ravens airing it out, scored one fifty yd TD

Bengals go top of the division but Ravens have a gimme against the Steelers next week so the pressure will be kept up

McG wrote: »
    it's close but I'm going with Bengals -2.5. They just score more points than the Ravens this season.

called it...

McNabb posted a perfect game 152.8 rating. 17/19 for 233, 2 TD's and 0 I:

against the #1 pass defence!

EDIT: called that result too but was off by 3 points on the spread.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

McG wrote: »
    against the #1 pass defence!

EDIT: called that result too but was off by 3 points on the spread.
    McNabb is comin for ya McG!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

mikemac1 wrote: »

Good game Mike, so tense during it.
    Had 14-0 lead at end of the half, and was driving down the field, stupidly went for a long pass to score but should know better by now, as Newton was intercepted. Stopped at 2yd line, so managed to force Ravens to punt from there after couple of near-safeties.

Ravens came out of the block firing in second half and I could not stop them on D. Some outrageous 3rd & really long conversions, and I'm down 21-14.

Hoping to run out the clock and go to OT as I drive down the field, Maclin scores on long TD pass to make it 21-21.
    I'm fearing the worst as I had left Mike with about 1:30 left for winning score, and hadn't been able to stop him second half. Sean Smith comes up with a big INT, and all I;m thinking about is inching forward with the run to go for long game-winning FG.

Run, run, 3rd & short. Ravens stack the box. Newton audibles.
    Short pass to TE Hernandez, who is free outside and running all the way to endzone.....
    But he smartly falls to the ground at the 1yd line short of the TD. Bengals kick game-winning FG as the clock runs out.

24-21

Nerves shattered. Looking forward to two more divisional games against Browns and Ravens next two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

A result from last night, just couldn't post as the missus was hogging the laptop

Giants 27 - 7 Redskins

There was alot of luck in this win for me, which has been a long time comming. On my first scoring drive Smith threw a long pass down field off of play actions, the safety is in the air for an interception, he balls it up, bats it down into the waiting arms of Mercedes Lewis who rumbles on for another 10 or so yards before being stopped shy of the goal line.

Later on I hit the inside of the post on a field goal that I should have missed, and LT showed his tackle breaking ability (I know I never though I would be saying that either) for a big gain, setting up another TD

My old Nemisis Big Brandon showed up in the second half tossing aside defenders and taking the ball for a 80 yard TD, he should have been stopped for a loss but in typical Big Brandon form he bounced off them all and then out ran everyone????

Alex Smith has silently been ticking along nicely, he has 1308 yards 7 tds and 5 ints in 7 games. 2 of those were in his debut where I played him like Brees. Perhaps there is no need for Brees in New York and The Giants will listen to offers in the off season?

Nerd it was good talking to you, your presence will make the divison tougher next year and you can still play spoiler this year playing the Cowboys in the last game of the season, will the cowboys have the division sown up by then?

You need to put your stamp on that team. Maybe set up the deep pass with a few shorter ones. My defesive stats flatter me as the turnovers came when you were chasing the game.

Good game and see you next season

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Looking at the Patriots-Jets stats, Charone Sanders had a remarkable 9 sacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭daflood

He now has most of the player of the year trophies!!

Ridonkulous!

Chandler Jones is still offensive Rookie of the year though and back in the pro bowl!
    matthew8 wrote: »
    Looking at the Patriots-Jets stats, Charone Sanders had a remarkable 9 sacks.

Colts grab the first score of the game when they decide to go for it on 4th down inside the Texans 5. After that we see a Texans FG and 3 Colts FGs (and one missed 57 yard attempt) and no TDs till we get to the 4th quarter, 3-16.
    Early in the 4th McFadden breaks off a 46 yard run to make it 3-23. Rackers then adds another FG, 3-26 with a little over 3 mins left. With less than a minute left the score gets skewed as McFadden runs in from 3 yards, 3-33 before Cutler throw 2 pick sixes and the game ends 3-47.

The #2 pass defence comes out on top of the #2 pass offence as the Colts hold the Texans to 130 yards through the air. The Colts passing attack are held to an even lower total of 95 yards!

What the Colts lacked in passing they more than made up for on rushing and defence. McFadden scores 3 TDs en route to 278 yards (30 touches). The Texans couldn't keep up on the ground with Adrian Peterson only making 30 yards off 10 touches.

The Colts defence grabbed 6 interceptions (including 2 pick sixes late in the 4th quarter).

Neither team were up to much on 3rd down combining for 5/23.

Nice chatting Pudsy and good luck against the Titans. You were definitely worth more than the 3 on the board.

Advertisement