Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A New Clan Name

Options
  • 22-03-2012 3:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

I think our clan name sucks to be perfectly honest. I would like to propose a new name. Lets be honest here, Boards is a silly name for a team.

I have thought on it a bit and like the name The Wild Geese.

The Wild Geese were mercenaries from Ireland who fought in wars all over Europe.

Thoughts please.

I also propose a new emblem....... A shamrock that would signify where our clan originated from and can stand proudly on the Clan Wars map.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

I agree with the yank !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 dave_lister

Arrawin wrote: »

The Wild Geese were mercenaries from Ireland who fought in wars all over Europe.

Plus One on Wild Geese

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Fionn Mc Coule

stock-illustration-8875143-fighting-irish.jpg

With this as a logo ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

he looks like hes about to fist some poor lass

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I still stand by my original oppinion of Muppets or The Muppet Show with Gonzo as our logo :P

All of this is theory though as you can't change guild names at the moment (i.e. we'd need to create a new clan and lose our existing land).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭cro_bully

I think that you CAN change the clan name but it costs gold :D

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

Dearg Doom
    translation = Red Destroyer ( a referance to Cúchulainn )

who dosnt want [DOOM] as their clan Tag

Fionns logo +++

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

I think our clan name sucks to be perfectly honest. I would like to propose a new name. Lets be honest here, Boards is a silly name for a team.

Thoughts please.

I also propose a new emblem....... A shamrock that would signify where our clan originated from and can stand proudly on the Clan Wars map.

OI YOU SHNAKEEE I SUGGESTED THAT ON TS TWO WEEKS AGO ,

Credit due pls :P

ZZR1100 wrote: »
    Dearg Doom
    translation = Red Destroyer ( a referance to Cúchulainn )

who dosnt want [DOOM] as their clan Tag

Fionns logo +++

Nice choice, the Drummer is my Uncles brother :cool::D
    copeyhagen wrote: »
    he looks like hes about to fist some poor lass

Arnt we all :eek::rolleyes::D
    OI YOU SHNAKEEE I SUGGESTED THAT ON TS TWO WEEKS AGO ,

Credit due pls :P

Lol mate we spoke about this 4-5 months ago, but credit to you for stirring the juices :p:eek:

Lol mate we spoke about this 4-5 months ago, but credit to you for stirring the juices :p:eek:

Nah man I was there , it was me who suggested it :confused:

Anyway not derailing it but i support that name

• Advertisement

horslips , showing our age guys ,,,,,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Zappa021

Elite Movement Of Skulls [E.M.O.S]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

I'll tell yous who has the best lettering after their name. One of the French clans, FROG1. Anyone who's seen the French Connection will know that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Arrawin

LOLs at those looking for credit...... seeing as you thought of it yet did nuthin, tough **** :p

All credit to me for actually doing something about it hahahahaha -- I win :):):)

Nody wrote: »
    I still stand by my original oppinion of Muppets

Those of us from countries with English as the first language do not want to be called Muppets..... trust me on that one :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Those of us from countries with English as the first language do not want to be called Muppets..... trust me on that one :)
    Oh I know what Muppets means m8; that was part of the point (don't take ourselves to seriously that we can't joke about ourselves; like naming the clan "Super Bad" or "Eejit" and if anyone is stupid enough to believe the clan tag represent us then so much better; they underestimate us) :)

Muppets is taking the piss out of ourselves a bit much ;)

Nody wrote: »
    Oh I know what Muppets means m8; that was part of the point (don't take ourselves to seriously that we can't joke about ourselves; like naming the clan "Super Bad" or "Eejit" and if anyone is stupid enough to believe the clan tag represent us then so much better; they underestimate us) :)

Fair point ! (But i still dont want to be called a muppet lol)

stock-illustration-8875143-fighting-irish.jpgOR celticsham.gif
    luck-celtic-shamrock-blessing.jpg or tumblr_m0g3b7FYBO1qbjokmo1_400.jpg
    A4054E-lg.jpg

With this as a logo ?

or this just for my son dio
    darth-vader-daddy.jpg?w=529

or this just for Bruffio
    Irish_flag_english_flag_map_style.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

LOLs at those looking for credit...... seeing as you thought of it yet did nuthin, tough **** :p

All credit to me for actually doing something about it hahahahaha -- I win :):):)

Go ahead and change it then...

:p

In fairness though, I would only consider changing it if we were to get TIISD to change also.

We could have a main clan name with 2 divisions. The divisions could have individual name that points to our old origins.

i.e

'War Torn Heroes - Shamrock Division / Iron Division' [WTH-S] & [WTH-I] or something like that.

It would make sense to change it then.

I would personally like a name that could give us [WTF] or [GTFO] tags :D

• Advertisement

i like 1 and 4 .
    some say that bruff has the last one tattooed on his back.:confused:

the unofficial poll stands at 18 for and 18 against atmo, but we would have to have an official poll for and against a Clan name change before we do it.
    followed by a poll with all suggestions and logos

so far we have

1---the wild geese [WG] (this could cause problems as every1 would think we were wargaming couriors and would kill us on sight)

2--- the muppets [TMS?]

3---Dearg Doom [DOOM] (translation red destroyer)

4---Elite Movement of Skulls [EMOS]

5--- War Torn Heroes [WTH]

insert ideas here

I like the shamrock/celtic symbols , nothing too nationalistic like but still recognisably irish even though the celts came from all over europe , just like the clan !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I like the shamrock/celtic symbols , nothing too nationalistic like but still recognisably irish even though the celts came from all over europe , just like the clan !

I definitely think if we go ahead with this, that TII need to get on board. We could have a main clan symbol which would have distinguishing elements for each division.

This means we could both keep our individual identities, while being under the same clan banner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭cro_bully

Stupid fools [SF]
    Next generation [nGen]
    Walrus Company [WC] ( I like this one)
    Fools in Tanks [FIT]

My opinions :)

And regarding the picture i like the first one the most

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭zil

Personally I'm in favour of keeping the name but if people are decided on changing things around how about
    The Fighting Irish [TFI]

zil wrote: »
    Personally I'm in favour of keeping the name but if people are decided on changing things around how about
    The Fighting Irish [TFI]

forgot about that 1. that was our clan name on stronghold kingdoms

Anti Noob Alliance --- (ANA)
    Full blodded Irish --- (FBI)
    Sworn to be free --- (STBF) which is actually the country's motto, ;)
    Fighting usurpers not of our blood --- (FUNOOB) :o
    A Ghost Haunts My Bowels --- (AGHMB)
    Silencing the foreign usurper --- (STFU) :D:mad:
    Brothers in arms --- (BIA) think that could be in use already :confused:

it has to retain links to clan origin , also as dub said tiicd would have to be a division - this also helps to strengthen the outside view of the clan (eg others will realise we are 150 odd members)

• Advertisement

[DF]Lenny wrote: »
    it has to retain links to clan origin , also as dub said tiicd would have to be a division - this also helps to strengthen the outside view of the clan (eg others will realise we are 150 odd members)

LOL ok add .ie

Anti Noob Alliance --- (ANA.IE) :D
    Full blodded Irish --- (FBI.IE) :D
    Sworn to be free --- (STBFIE) :D
    Fighting usurpers not of our blood --- (FUNOOB) We need 2 more places here :rolleyes:
    Ghost Haunts My Bowels --- (GHMB.IE) :D
    Silencing the foreign usurper --- (STFU.IE) :D
    Brothers in arms --- (BIA.IE) :D

Advertisement