Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A New Clan Name

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Irish Bastards in Tanks [IBT1] or [BASTARDS1]
    Iron Bastards in Tanks [IBT2] or [BASTARDS2]

Should make for some funny conversations for our attacker 'we better get those bastards / bastards got us' etc etc :D

or get rid of the 'in tanks' part.

Irish Bastards [BASTARDS1]
    Iron Bastards [BASTARDS2]

JUst realised changing the clan name is disabled as yet.

So in order to do this we'd have to disband both clans, and start 2 new ones.

That would be a right pain in the arse, and we obviously could not continue to hold land.

So its not an option really. If we lose all our land, we would then have the option - we could give the 2500 from the clan treasury to maybe myself to set it up, but we'd have to have enough gold to fund TIICD to change also IMO.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I don't think we'd get away with a lot of these names anyway. WG support have absolutely no sense of humour for anything even slightly cheeky.

They disbanded:

Na Pelnej Kurwie (Polish for Full On Whores approximately)

Hoden (German for testicles)

Peace is for Pussies

Spear wrote: »
    I don't think we'd get away with a lot of these names anyway. WG support have absolutely no sense of humour for anything even slightly cheeky.

They disbanded:

Na Pelnej Kurwie (Polish for Full On Whores approximately)

Hoden (German for testicles)

Peace is for Pussies

Bastard is not a swear word such as those you've listed. The Polish one is actually particularly bad - the word can also be used in the context that we would use the 'F' word.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭DesperateCry

Well, I applaud WG then. There really can be so-not-fun if not offensive clan names that can be made by people with interesting sense of humor. I saw a lot of them in various MMORPGs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well, I applaud WG then. There really can be so-not-fun if not offensive clan names that can be made by people with interesting sense of humor. I saw a lot of them in various MMORPGs.
    What about Inglorious Bastards? :P

Nody wrote: »
    What about Inglorious Bastards? :P

Oh yeah, they have a clan and no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

World
    Tank
    Faction
    :P

Well if they ever implement the clan name change feature, we'll think about it then. (is it in 7.2??)

We can have a vote on it and see what happens.

AFAIK there is still no timeline on the introduction of the ability to change the clans name.

If we want to do this, it will have to be done as follows:

1. We lose all current land
    2. Disband clan
    3. Set up new clan with the new name
    4. Invite all members back

Now, there is a cost associated with this, so what I would propose to do would be to take whatever gold is left in the treasury, and use 2500 of it to set up the new clan.

Any gold we have over that amount I will put back into the treasury, or indeed it will be used for such things as changing the logo and the colour to match any alliance we are in (it comes out of my own personal account first anyway, not the clans treasury).

Would this be something that people would be willing to do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

AFAIK there is still no timeline on the introduction of the ability to change the clans name.

If we want to do this, it will have to be done as follows:

1. We lose all current land
    2. Disband clan
    3. Set up new clan with the new name
    4. Invite all members back

Now, there is a cost associated with this, so what I would propose to do would be to take whatever gold is left in the treasury, and use 2500 of it to set up the new clan.

Any gold we have over that amount I will put back into the treasury, or indeed it will be used for such things as changing the logo and the colour to match any alliance we are in (it comes out of my own personal account first anyway, not the clans treasury).

Would this be something that people would be willing to do?

Im all for the name change, but its probably best just to wait until the option becomes available.
    there will be a window of opportunity though when we leave Africa and have no land and maybe disbanding followed by invites will give us the needed purge of inactives the easy way.

ZZR1100 wrote: »
    Im all for the name change, but its probably best just to wait until the option becomes available.
    there will be a window of opportunity though when we leave Africa and have no land and maybe disbanding followed by invites will give us the needed purge of inactives the easy way.

This is exactly what I was thinking Frag. Great minds and all that :)

fools seldom differ...

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭zil

Personally I'm against the name change, especially considering all the hassle. Wasn't the first vote thread very close between change and not change?

zil wrote: »
    Personally I'm against the name change, especially considering all the hassle. Wasn't the first vote thread very close between change and not change?

It was. And it is a PITA.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 BIE.Ryaner

18 for a change, 19 against, according to the poll.

It's not a democracy so up to the leadership in the end. didn't want to point it out in the name change thread, as it's suggestions only.

Advertisement