Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

snake breeding laws in Ireland

Options
  • 22-03-2012 3:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi everyone i'm looking to breeding rare ball python morphs to ship around the world for sale do I need a licence and or certain paper work. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

rare ? :P:P:P

their is no law in ireland for snakes

and shipping them ? that will cost more than a python is gona be worth

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Reptile D

antocann wrote: »
    rare ? :P:P:P

their is no law in ireland for snakes

and shipping them ? that will cost more than a python is gona be worth

thanks for the info and the ball pythons im going to be breeding aint normal their prices range from a couple of hundred to a couple of grand depends on the morph on the snake their bred for collectors.:D:D

what experience do you have with snake , what snakes do you currently keep , and how many of these "rare " pythons do you have

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭REPTILEDAN88

Reptile D wrote: »
    thanks for the info and the ball pythons im going to be breeding aint normal their prices range from a couple of hundred to a couple of grand depends on the morph on the snake their bred for collectors.:D:D
    Not to put a dampner on things but have you got 100k to invest in Royal Python morphs and mutiple breeding age females of expensive morphs as the prices are coming down rapidly and you would be lucky to get €400 for an adult albino Royal female nowadays and I know people who have spent 2000+ pounds on hatchlings and by the time they breed them which would be around 3 years they would not be making much considering the amount of them available nowadays and Royals ain't exactly prolific breeders having 7-9 eggs if your lucky to breed them successfully that is. I am keeping reptiles over 10years and have seen all the trends from burm's,boa's,cornsnakes, leopard geckos you name it and I have kept most. You would want to be selling snakes for a few grand each and be getting ahead of other breeders in the process by breeding alot and expensive ones at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

no law in Eire,come to kerry for proof.we breed em like rabbits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭irishjay

ive always been interested in people who breed lizards and exotic pets etc ..
    fair play to you . hope you do well.

thanks for all the info and the shipping cost to america is 50-60 euro and i have a very good wage so i can afford to do this also its more of a hobby i aint looking for a quick buck i don't care about the money i just want people to enjoy the snakes as much as i do. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Reptile D wrote: »
    thanks for all the info and the shipping cost to america is 50-60 euro and i have a very good wage so i can afford to do this also its more of a hobby i aint looking for a quick buck i don't care about the money i just want people to enjoy the snakes as much as i do. :)

That's pretty cheap, by courier or animal shipping service?

After doing a lot of searching for prices i realized the small shipping company's give the best deals and prices. Also there are one or two small company's that personalize in shipping reptiles which i would feel more comfortable dealing with as the snakes health is my main priority. :)

I highly doubt that price is correct bout shipping to america , also i doubt you would have many buyers over their theirs some amount of great breeders and selling snakes at better prices that you could probly sell at

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 edwardlawlor

Do you have a contact email or phone number puzzle factory?

Advertisement