Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread closed. Why ?

Options
  • 22-03-2012 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

This is the original thread where I used "text speak" unaware it was against the Charter at this stage.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77716629

This is the second thread I started, still unaware "text speak" was against the charter as you can see by my post.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77716679

At 03:12 I received a PM informing me that "Text Speak" was against the charter and I said I was unaware and would refrain posting in such a way,
    Problem resolved?

So you might think everything would be fine but when I posted this new thread (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77716734)
    free of "Text Speak" it was still closed by Hot Lips at 03:30 after the PM's and after discussing that I would refrain from using "Text Speak"

And also in a way that I feel was quite spiteful she posted "Google it" underneath my question and closed the thread when as far as I know there was nothing against the charter contained in that thread.

I think it was someone abusing their authority.

And as for The Moderators post below (just so you all know) I posted this in DRP where posting PMs is NOT against the sites rules. So when The Moderator moved my thread here it was then the PMs became a violation of sites rules.

And also I think he meant ask the AH mod which I have, to no avail.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from DRP as has nothing to do with DRP. I also removed the PMs posted without permission in violation of sitewide rules.

And if you want to know why it was removed then as the AH mods, only they can tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭canttellyou

No problem removing PM's as I posted previously in DRP incorrectly I was allowed include PMs in that forum. I did PM the Mod To No Reply

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I would have though it was fairly obvious as to why is was closed. Why would you ask about something off-topic such as BTEA payments in AH, and not a forum related to the topic such as state benefits or the educational forums?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭canttellyou

Right so.. I think closed it because she can
    but I'l leave it at that so. Thanks:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement