Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning an un-necessary purchase

Options
  • 22-03-2012 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi,

Yesterday I bought two little outfits for my 3 month olds costing E75 in total. I know, total madness. Now I have come to my senses and want to return them but unfortunately I know the shop assistant and she was asking for the boys and all chat etc. Anyone think of a good excuse? I bought them big enough so to say they weren't the right size isn't usable!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You might just have to bite the bullet and say, "I changed my mind". Check your receipt, if it mentions a returns policy where you can bring stuff back unused within (say) 30 days, then you don't really need any excuse to bring stuff back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

An excuse isn't necessary or needed. If the shop has a change of mind returns policy then you just change our mind and bring them back. If not, you can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Don't fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Misticles wrote: »
    Don't fit?

Doesn't matter, OP has no rights in regard to change of mind.
    Would be different if they bought online.

Its at the ships discretion if they offer an exchange, refund or vouchers. Or anything at all !

Advertisement