Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mahon Point to City Centre?

Options
  • 22-03-2012 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

How far would it be from cork city centre to Mahon Point, and what would be the best way to get there?

Have to travel there in the morning from Limerick and don't know cork v well!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

are you driving or on public transport?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

deRanged wrote: »
    are you driving or on public transport?

Public transport, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

the number 10 or 10A bus goes from the city centre to mahon point(its the last stop)
    you can get the bus from the south mall, city hall or the grand parade

its about 15 mins by bus depending on trafic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

EyeSight wrote: »
    the number 10 or 10A bus goes from the city centre to mahon point(its the last stop)

And does it stop at the shopping centre?

Sorry For all the questions, I'm from the North! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

Yep. Right next to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

EyeSight wrote: »

if its bus eireann its now the 210 and Mahon point is the second last stop (jacobs island is the last)

the 10a looks like its a private company bus (small red one) I've never taken it, but it looks like a non stop from south mall to mahon point (i'm open to correction)

210 costs €1.70 to mahon point, if you wallk from the main bus station away from the river, go round the corner to south mall and up past the imperial hotel is the 210 stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

15 minutes would be with little or no traffic. id say 25 mins would be more like it more at rush hours.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

the 10a looks like its a private company bus (small red one) I've never taken it, but it looks like a non stop from south mall to mahon point (i'm open to correction)

It stops along the way. Even when it's not actually stopped it's pretty close to it. A curse getting stuck behind that red bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

parsi wrote: »
    It stops along the way. Even when it's not actually stopped it's pretty close to it. A curse getting stuck behind that red bus.

+1, and the suspension on the left hand side needs a bit of work:)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

amongst other things ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement