Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 13

• 22-03-2012 11:15am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Hi lads, a quick question on Madden 13... I presume your order in the draft will be based on how the team did in the season just gone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Hi lads, a quick question on Madden 13... I presume your order in the draft will be based on how the team did in the season just gone?

no, there's no way to do that. it'll be random.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Hopefully I'm not pick number 31 again :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

does it reverse order every round, as in 1st in round 1 is last in round 2?

adrian522 wrote: »
    does it reverse order every round, as in 1st in round 1 is last in round 2?

Yep. It goes

1-32
    32-1
    1-32

and so on.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

McG wrote: »
    no, there's no way to do that. it'll be random.

Why not? The season is over so they know what the draft order is for the real draft

• Advertisement

Why not? The season is over so they know what the draft order is for the real draft

but a fantasy draft is different. Everyone's starting from scratch again.

The game probably should allow an online league's commissioner to set the draft order but it doesn't.... so we keep/pick our teams and see if we're lucky. The 1-32, 32-1, 1-32 thing evens it out quite a bit anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

The game probably should allow an online league's commissioner to set the draft order but it doesn't.... so we keep/pick our teams and see if we're lucky. The 1-32, 32-1, 1-32 thing evens it out quite a bit anyway.

Well it's advantageous to be in the top 10 you shape your team around 1-2 elite players

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Sorry completely forgot the fact that it was a fantasy draft!1

Well it's advantageous to be in the top 10 you shape your team around 1-2 elite players

depends on how many players you call elite. having 32 and 33 could end up better than 1 and 64.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

It'd be cool if we could trade draft picks, though I guess we can't as everyone needs to have 53 picks in order to have a full roster...

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote: »
    It'd be cool if we could trade draft picks, though I guess we can't as everyone needs to have 53 picks in order to have a full roster...

Free agents, however what would you trade as you wont know what players you are going to have

If you are at number 20 or whatever you may want to trade up to top 10 and pick a decent QB rather than ending up with a mid range guy who can't throw very well.

Hard to know what a fair trade would be though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Release date for Madden 13 in US is 14th August, that means we will probably have it Friday 17th August.

Might get 4 seasons in if we continue at our current rate !

Berty44 wrote: »
    Release date for Madden 13 in US is 14th August, that means we will probably have it Friday 17th August.

Might get 4 seasons in if we continue at our current rate !

is it to early to start counting down the days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

how does the fantasy draft work? Do we start the draft from scratch, meaning we pick current players in the game and not those made up rookies?

Lukebray wrote: »
    how does the fantasy draft work? Do we start the draft from scratch, meaning we pick current players in the game and not those made up rookies?

Yep, there's no rookies in it (i think!)

Yep, there's no rookies in it (i think!)

Well the new rookies would be in it at least! Basically all current rosters would be pooled into one big database and then the draft begins from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

In the second round of the cover vote now:

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/feature/madden2013cover

Match-ups are:

Newton V Gates
    Lesean McCoy V Larry Fitz
    Willis V MJD
    Revis V Cruz
    Rodgers V Lynch
    Rice V Brees
    Megatron V Foster
    Allen V Gronk

Cam Newton and Calvin Johnson are the two favourites.

Hope a defensive player wins, though not Willis, because you know the curse is real ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Voted for Drew Brees

I don't want Ray Rice to be cursed

• Advertisement

Update as of yesterday:

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videogames/blog/_/name/thegamer/id/7755257/sweet-16-update
    Early numbers are in for the latest round of the "Madden NFL 13" cover vote, and there are a couple of surprises to report.

The closest race right now is Drew Brees versus Ray Rice. Rice took an early lead on Wednesday, but then Saints fans came out in full force Thursday night, and now Brees is up by the narrowest of margins -- 51 percent to 49 percent -- which translates to just a few thousand votes. I expect this one to come down to the final hours next week.

Another tight race is between Larry Fitzgerald and LeSean McCoy. After beating both Michael Vick and Reggie Bush convincingly, McCoy has fallen behind Fitzgerald by a few percentage points. If Philly fans want to push Shady through to the Elite Eight, they need to show up big this weekend, as the latest numbers show Fitzgerald holding 54 percent of the vote.

In the Battle of New York, Victor Cruz holds a commanding lead over Darrelle Revis, and with the numbers Cruz continues to put up round after round, the Giants receiver could end up being Cam Newton's biggest competition on the left side of the bracket.

Speaking of the left bracket, Patrick Willis looks to pull off the biggest upset of the tournament so far, as the 11 seed (who already upset both Vernon Davis and Matt Forte) is currently crushing former Madden Bowl champ, Maurice Jones-Drew. Will we finally see a defensive player appear solo on the cover? Hasn't happened since Ray Lewis introduced the Hit Stick back in "Madden NFL 2005" (arguably the best "Madden" of all time).

If anyone deserves the honor, it's Willis, the player who brings the Hit Stick with him on every play.

"When you're playing 'Madden,' people throw the ball over the middle too much. I want them to show people get a crushed collarbone or a crushed ankle or a crushed sternum or something," Willis told me during a recent interview. "I wish when you put a Hit Stick on someone, you could put them out of the game. I was playing the other day, and I was in a Cover 2 Man, and my homeboy was completing passes over my defenders every time. I just want to Hit Stick him and put him out of the game."

Sounds like it's time to bring back the old "Madden" ambulance and put it on the cover next to Willis. Talk about a box to remember.

Rice and Brees neck and neck. Mike, get voting constantly for Brees, we don't want Rice suffering the Madden curse! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Where can we buy this in America online?
    Want an american copy as then can import NCAA draft.

Also where best place to buy the NCAA football too?

Thanks

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Where can we buy this in America online?
    Want an american copy as then can import NCAA draft.

Also where best place to buy the NCAA football too?

Thanks

The Xbox is region coded and NCAA Football is only coded to work for North American consoles won't work on European Xbox's.

A few people have bought NCAA for PS3 as the PS3 is not region coded so it works on that console, but not Xbox.

As for buying Madden in America, I'd imagine the same applies and you'd have to buy Madden from a European country for it to work on your European Xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Sorry I didnt know this was a discussion for X Box.

I have a PS3, so any direction to where good website to order would be great thanks.

Or are amazon or Ebay the best?

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Sorry I didnt know this was a discussion for X Box.

I have a PS3, so any direction to where good website to order would be great thanks.

Or are amazon or Ebay the best?

It's not just Xbox mate, I just presumed your were referring to Xbox because 90% of those on here seem to use that.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/NEW-NCAA-12-PS3-2012-Football-Game-SEALED-/180854116868?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item2a1bbed204#ht_500wt_922

The above link is of a seller with near 100% feedback. Comes to just under €50 in total but may take a couple of weeks to arrive. Usual story with buying from America be aware that you may be liable for customs charges (which won't be much if it happens).

That's 2012 version, 2013 won't be out until September.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Kinikie

Might invest in M13. Have not bought one since 09

Kinikie wrote: »
    Might invest in M13. Have not bought one since 09

if you're getting it for xbox you should consider joining the league here... we're a great bunch of lads :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

if you're getting it for xbox you should consider joining the league here... we're a great bunch of lads :)
    :rolleyes: clearly he hasn't heard me curing mid game, starting to devolp madden Tourettes

empacher wrote: »
    :rolleyes: clearly he hasn't heard me curing mid game, starting to devolp madden Tourettes

I'm trying to sell it here... he can discover the dark side of Madden later...

• Advertisement

empacher wrote: »

You cure mid-Game? Cure what? Do you have a cure for a horrible pass defense?

:D

Advertisement