Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 13

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Ha ha, I usually give my old copy to my brother who doesn't mind as he doesn't play online.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Raoul wrote: »
    I think that the gap will be big enough with people having significantly better players nevermind people having significantly better coaches, even though I am not sure what that means.
    SantryRed wrote: »
    It basically means that the more experience a head coach has, the more that would sway the decision. I think everyone should have to create a new coach, it'd be extremely harsh on people down the bottom having medium to poor teams and not really being able to build on that other than the draft.

Presuming we are creating a coach the Gameface feature looks brilliant this year. Much improved on what it previously looked like on FIFA, Tiger Woods etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Should hear a lot more about the game today!

Connected Careers impressions from Pasta Padre. It's a huge article which details every process from setting it up, to preseason, all the way through to the progressions and offseason going into year two. Link below:

http://www.pastapadre.com/2012/08/24/madden-nfl-13-complete-coach-connected-career-impressions

Here are his gameplay impressions:

http://www.pastapadre.com/2012/08/24/madden-nfl-13-complete-general-impressions

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Super paully, will take a look at this once I get out of bed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Is everyone gonna upload their game face and use it for the coach? I've uploaded mine to ea site and its freaking me out!

madalig12 wrote: »
    Is everyone gonna upload their game face and use it for the coach? I've uploaded mine to ea site and its freaking me out!

Yeah I will.

I had one done for FIFA last year and it was pretty accurate but it sounds (and looks on videos) as if it has gotten even better now. However, Pasta Padre in the above article said uploading a Game Face caused his franchise to not work properly and he eventually had to just start as a normal coach, so hopefully that's sorted out soon.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Whats the gameface thing? (havent played fifa in about 10 years!)

It's on the EA site when you sign in you can upload a pic and it makes it your game face which can then be put on a player/coaches head and it looks like you!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

HMV gave me €20 store credit for Madden 12. M13 is going to be at most €48.

Gamestop were giving €12 store credit and M13 was going to be €50 / €51.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Gamestop are robbing bastards.

Gamesnash are giving 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Is the game out on 28th or 30th over here? It's out on the 28th in the US and I can't find anything to say it's out on a different date for us...

madalig12 wrote: »
    Gamesnash are giving 14.

How do you trade in games to a website? :confused:

Just read the website there...never mind

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Dominic Fat Pedestal

Lukebray wrote: »
    Is the game out on 28th or 30th over here? It's out on the 28th in the US and I can't find anything to say it's out on a different date for us...
    31st I thought

31st I thought

Yep, Friday the 31st is release date for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Games come out on Fridays here unless they are major titles (Halo, COD, Mass Effect, Gears) so it's the 31st.

If you have EA Sports season ticket you can download and play the early release on the 28th.

Full gameplay video taken from Pasta Padre. 50 minutes in length.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Dominic Fat Pedestal

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Games come out on Fridays here unless they are major titles (Halo, COD, Mass Effect, Gears) so it's the 31st.

If you have EA Sports season ticket you can download and play the early release on the 28th.
    Season ticket is midday tomorow(27th)

Any of you getting/have the season ticket and downloading the game tomorrow?

Seems they've included a lot of DLC stuff with it this year, a lot better value than last year anyway (but still a bit too expensive for me). My router would also probably blow up if I tried to download a whole game :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Anyone else thinking the blocking is absolutely shocking?

Complete walkthrough of connected career mode. 35 minutes long.

Paully D wrote: »
    Complete walkthrough of connected career mode. 35 minutes long.

Really looks like a massive improvement on the M12 Career mode. I can't see myself getting bored with this, there's so much to do.

Just realised I'll be in cork on Friday so will need to get the wife to pick this up for me....
    XP earned for challenge-> 1 billion!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Guys. Will this be easy enough to pick up friday morning in Gamestop/Xtra etc... ? Should I pre-order in store ?

brianon wrote: »
    Guys. Will this be easy enough to pick up friday morning in Gamestop/Xtra etc... ? Should I pre-order in store ?

I had no problem getting it last year but I had to ring Gamestop the day before and ask them to keep me a copy. They generally don't get too many copies in so it can be hit and miss if you're just walking into a store on the day to get it. You'd probably be better off ringing and asking them to do the same or alternatively I pre-ordered from Gamesnash this year, very reputable Irish company with a forum here on Boards:

http://gamesnash.ie/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&zenid=4etlsk1k3r96dn5267j6d7gvc4&keyword=madden+13&x=0&y=0

You should join our Boards league if you're getting the game :)

Actually Paully, just looking at the trade ins there, there's a fair few games i never go near anymore and soon M12 will be on that list, could near enough get M13 for free!

Actually Paully, just looking at the trade ins there, there's a fair few games i never go near anymore and soon M12 will be on that list, could near enough get M13 for free!

Yeah you just email them with the games you want to trade for an official quote, send them on with the reference number they'll give you with the email, and then they put the credit on to your account. Much better prices than the stores give on the vast majority of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Traded in M12 and some others to Gamestop that have been gathering dust so should be getting M13 preorder for about 15-16 euro :)

• Advertisement

Uh-oh, hopefully this will be patched straight away:

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/570464-huge-man-coverage-bug-video-proof.html
    Short summary: There is a bug in M13 where the CPU randomly makes your CBs run commit. This happens 5-10 times per game. If the CPU passes on these plays it usually results in a TD since the CPU WRs have a huge head start. Sliders cannot fix the bug. The only known workaround it to pass commit on every play.

Long version:

There is a HUGE man coverage bug in Madden 13 that is ruining the experience. Every 5 or 6 pass plays all of my CBs take 3-4 steps toward the QB before retreating and trying to catch up to the now wide open WR. This results in 2-4 easy TDs for the CPU per game. When this bug happens all of my CBs synchronize and run toward the QB at the same time.

I am seeing this on the Season Ticket version of the game. I am not telling the CBs to do anything different such as press, play run, etc. I simply call man coverage and they act like morons. It happens to all of my CBs, even high rated players like Champ Bailey.

Edit #1: This happens on normal pass plays, not on PA passes.

I have played with the pass reaction sliders and it does NOT resolve the issue. I have tried every difficulty and I even deleted the game and re-downloaded it.

Here is a video where my two CBs run toward the QB and leave both CPU WRs wide open. It isn't even halftime in this game and the CPU already has 3 TD passes due to this bug.

Edit #2:

I have been doing some more testing and I am 99% certain that the computer somehow tells your team to commit to the run. When I manually make the pre-snap commit to run adjustment my CBs do the same animation.

In summary, the CPU commandeers control your CBs and makes them aggressively jump the run. If the CPU passes on that play you are screwed. The only work around is to tell your team to play the pass on every down. Obviously, the downside is it's very hard to stop the CPU run game when your whole team is playing the pass.

In my opinion the game is unplayable until EA fixes this. How did they miss such a glaring bug?

Advertisement