Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

If you get the titans!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

madalig12 wrote: »
    If you get the titans!

Bannings will be issued.!

A question on the cap, presuming you get rid of players before the season starts they come off your cap right?

A question on the cap, presuming you get rid of players before the season starts they come off your cap right?

Just read a tweet...."titans looking like a top eight pick this year" interesting...wonder what I'd get for not picking them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Wide receivers

No, it's a what in the sense that you have Britt/Washington/Wright which is an excellent 1-2-3 punch, and they will be going up after the first roster update. We are starting after the first update right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I really don't understand the cap at all but when you're cutting players it says ''cutting Player X will give you X amount in cap space'' so yes I think :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Just read a tweet...."titans looking like a top eight pick this year" interesting...wonder what I'd get for not picking them?

I promise not to take tha Rams, I know your heart is in St. Louis!

I'll tell you a funny story about dave from yesterday's game at the next beers!

matthew8 wrote: »
    No, it's a what in the sense that you have Britt/Washington/Wright which is an excellent 1-2-3 punch, and they will be going up after the first roster update. We are starting after the first update right?

I actually prefer mariani, he's generally pretty safe as catching however he's not good at route running or speed

Also cook jr though I love him I may want someone a bit better

I promise not to take tha Rams, I know your heart is in St. Louis!

Going to dublin for beer is a bit far in my case, dont you touch my precious Rams!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

If you get the titans!

NO !!! Not that simple. Depending on their contract the cap in future years will be effected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

i dont think it was funny :o

• Advertisement

Neither did the guy in front! You should have stayed when the start throwing the ball around, it was coming straight for me into the breadbasket, a navy guy reaches from the row behind to grab it, not impressed!
    Ended up in 4 dame lane, sore head today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Played a few games now, although all with teams I'm unlikely to get in draft

Pats - So sweet to play with, so many passing options it's almost too confusing
    Steelers - O-Line is porous, and run game is meh. Wallace great deep
    Lions - Calvin Johnson is almost unstoppable, awful defense

PLayed against a guy as the Texans and all he did was throw to Andre Johnson, no matter how many double teams threw at him could not stop him

Do we have a Community set up yet? Maybe it was posted somehwere and I missed it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

This game if owning me right now. I am 0-5 online. Played as Packers today against Peterson (I mean Vikings) Peterson (I mean Vikings) ran for over 300yards and many TDs. If I can do that with the Packers...imagine what I'll do with my low draft choice :D

brianon wrote: »
    This game if owning me right now. I am 0-5 online. Played as Packers today against Peterson (I mean Vikings) Peterson (I mean Vikings) ran for over 300yards and many TDs. If I can do that with the Packers...imagine what I'll do with my low draft choice :D
    You'll catch on quick trust me ul learn more from playing against the lads in the league than randomers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Yeah I'll second what Dominic Fat Pedestal said. Especially in the franchise games where the chat is good and all the experienced lads are great for chatting tactics, playcalls etc.

Definitely learned a lot and improved from when I picked up Madden 12.

brianon wrote: »

Just to echo what they guys said, you will only get better by playing proper games with proper rules.
    Going for it on 4th everytime is not a proper game.

One thing i will say which is hard to do and all players succumb to this (which generally means they lose by more points) is stick to your game plan.

As you're a rookie you will for the most part fall behind and what a lot fo players do is start airing it out, you will get picked off and you will get beaten by more (in saying that none of the lads will hammer you and they'll kneel the ball once they score is at a certain point) however it wont do your confidence any good if each defeat is 30 points.

If you are going to run the ball then run it and dont start airing it out as soon as you go behind :D

Welcome to the club!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

Just to echo what they guys said, you will only get better by playing proper games with proper rules.
    Going for it on 4th everytime is not a proper game.

One thing i will say which is hard to do and all players succumb to this (which generally means they lose by more points) is stick to your game plan.

As you're a rookie you will for the most part fall behind and what a lot fo players do is start airing it out, you will get picked off and you will get beaten by more (in saying that none of the lads will hammer you and they'll kneel the ball once they score is at a certain point) however it wont do your confidence any good if each defeat is 30 points.

If you are going to run the ball then run it and dont start airing it out as soon as you go behind :D

Welcome to the club!

Have to agree with this. Way too many times in past seasons I would go behind and change my run game plan and start airing the ball out. It is a silly thing to do early in the game and probably cost me a good few games. So now, I play much more strictly, I use the same playbook all the time, stick with my running game as much as possible, using as many different run plays as possible to keep the other person guessing. Then I have a few go to plays on third on long that I am confident will give me the best possible chance of getting that first down.

Also with a run game, you could be stopped 10 times for less than 3 yards, but then that one time the defense makes a mistake you could see Chris Johnson doddling up the field 80 yards for a TD. It takes perseverance but give it time.

My game just arrived!:D:D:D:D

Agree with Heli and Raoul on the sticking to the game plan. It's so tempting to try and chase the game when you go a couple of TD's down but it never works and you end up throwing a stupid pick which ends any hope of a comeback.

Also, one big thing to remember this year is play action actually works. Last year it couldn't be used as it was a guaranteed sack if the opponent brought any sort of pressure. With it working this year it gives another option to players and will keep opponents guessing even more.

Raoul wrote: »
    Also with a run game, you could be stopped 10 times for less than 3 yards, but then that one time the defense makes a mistake you could see Chris Johnson doddling up the field 80 yards for a TD. It takes perseverance but give it time.

Speaking of C2J , playing some games with the Titans yesterday against the Ravens as was looking for a good run stopper D.

6 runs for about 10 yards, then followed the FB block and boom 60 yard TD, block following is going to need to be top drawer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

I don't know too much about individual teams, but I often find myself straying from my running game plan when I'm down a few TDs. What teams are best suited for running?

Also anyone on PS3 wanting a few games I'm up for it!
    marko93101

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

I have only played 1 game so far, haven't had time over the weekend but in that game I picked a run play. I saw that a guy was getting straight through and I am nearly sure I pressed RB so that my running back would be braced to be tackled and then my QB kept the ball himself and didn't hand it off. Unfortunately I got confused and got sacked anyway. But did this definitely happen or did I simply think it was a run play when it wasn't.

marko93 wrote: »
    I don't know too much about individual teams, but I often find myself straying from my running game plan when I'm down a few TDs. What teams are best suited for running?

marko93101

If you are down 21 or more (your game plan will depend on time)
    If its in the first half there's no need to go crazy, however if you're in the 4th air that ball out :D

marko93 wrote: »

marko93101

Texans, Ravens, Eagles and 49ers are good run teams in Madden 13. Vikings and Jaguars have the two best rated running backs but their teams overall are pretty poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Colts

Hey lads, I'm yet to buy my copy, any idea on where it's cheapest?

Colts wrote: »

I got mine in gamestop was 50, but traded in a boat load of old games so got it for 20.
    Gamesnash are good but if you want it today, it'll need to a shop purchase.

Also welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

My game just arrived!:D:D:D:D

enjoy the chocolate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Colts wrote: »

HMV are cheapest at €47.99 I think.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Whats your best option say when your QB has the ball and all your passing options seem to be covered? leg it with him?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

You can do that if you wish, or you can press down on the right stick to throw the ball away. QB's are pretty likely to fumble when they get hit so it's best to slide if you do decide to run with it.

Advertisement