Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

There are a few problems with the new physics. One is running up the middle. So often you will just crash right into your guys and get stuck, infact on nearly all times you try to do it with your QB. Another problem is the tackles look horrendously ugly, people falling over eachother and body parts getting twisted way out of place.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Just got called for an illegal forward pass, can't say I've ever seen that penalty in any madden.
    I do like the physics and mechanics though. It seems more lifelike/realistic. Had a guy really stretch out for a grab and even though he made it, he still lost his balance and fell over. Even little things like a half back losing his balance or stumbling if he gets knocked in the trenches.

Yeah the new physics engine probably needs another version for them to iron out all the kinks but it's still a big improvement. Have seen RB's being tripped accidently by their own teammates. Funny when it happens to an opponent. Not so much when it happens to yourself.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

In the real nfl your rb can trip over a team mate! It's not perfect but it's what we got

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Need to learn off some off those running defenses,got destroyed earlier by Padraig and his running game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Trampas

I am in two minds to get this or not for xbox.

might give the demo a few more tries before deciding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Illegal touching, what the heck is that?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

madalig12 wrote: »

Pass interference maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Could be man-handling a receiver past 5 yards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭davetherave

*snigger* That's when the half back and a cheerleader... > _>

There are 3 types of illegal touching. First is when a forward pass first touches an illegible reciever. Then you have when a member of the kicking team makes contact with the ball prior to the ball travelling 10 yards downfield. Last is when a member of the kicking team goes out of bounds, returns to the field and is the first to touch the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

It's when you don't shout "surprise" before making contact!!!

• Advertisement

It was called against the CPU, their QB threw it to two open receivers in the end zone, I had a CB close but not close enough to stop them catching it, figured it was a TD till the whistle went and that pen was called against the offence!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The WR may have stepped out of bounds and come back in.

adrian522 wrote: »
    The WR may have stepped out of bounds and come back in.

That's possible they were at the back of the end zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

There is a really terrible Jerry Sandusky joke to be made here.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

When paully I have one bar of coverage!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Just reading the manual there where it shows the teams profiles.On the Player Types & Value Ratings page do the stars represent how important that type of player is to the team scheme?
    Is that what the stars represent? there not for the players currently in the team

I think it represents the position rather than the player but not sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Anyone used Game Face yet? It's actually really impressive, now I know what I look like playing for the Cardinals. Not pretty! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Anyone used Game Face yet? It's actually really impressive, now I know what I look like playing for the Cardinals. Not pretty! :o

I have, managed to finally sort the skin tone issue out, and about 80% of the face looks great, but the eyes... For whatever reason I look like a zombie or I'm absolutely locked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

I look fairly good except my hair is red and curly.... when it should be black and spiky

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I have, managed to finally sort the skin tone issue out, and about 80% of the face looks great, but the eyes... For whatever reason I look like a zombie or I'm absolutely locked.

Yeah I can't sort that out either. But it is great compared to last year.

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    I look fairly good except my hair is red and curly.... when it should be black and spiky

Ea website where you created it, you can change it there.

I've got blue burn thru your skull eyes.

Ea website where you created it, you can change it there.

its black and spiky on their website..

its black and spiky on their website..

? Flipping EA

Anybody know which QB type you should pick if you want to be a scrambling QB? A field general maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Anybody know which QB type you should pick if you want to be a scrambling QB? A field general maybe?

West coast maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Guys when are we actually kicking off the season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

HowAreWe wrote: »
    Guys when are we actually kicking off the season?
    As far as I know the guys are waiting on the final roster update for CC which will.be released sometime this coming week.

Advertisement