Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 13

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Some sort of update dropping tomorrow
    #Madden13 Title Update #2 will be available tomorrow on the Xbox 360 and PS3. Details and a few other updates here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151140743618756&set=a.117121778755.98601.75529708755&type=1 …

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Lads/ladies, how dya make the QB run?

Last night I was playing, 3rd and 8. A gap in the middle completely opened up but I just couldn't get him to run, HOWWW? D:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

marko93 wrote: »
    Lads/ladies, how dya make the QB run?

Last night I was playing, 3rd and 8. A gap in the middle completely opened up but I just couldn't get him to run, HOWWW? D:

Hold RT (or R2 if PS3) and move him with left stick. This disengages passing and makes QB scramble

Another update,will we be kicking off after this one?
    EA SPORTS Madden NFL ‏@EAMaddenNFL The #Madden13 Connected Careers roster update will be available on Friday, September 14th for the Xbox 360 & PS3.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

about time! Santry... get the league set up so people can join!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Another update,will we be kicking off after this one?
    EA SPORTS Madden NFL ‏@EAMaddenNFL The #Madden13 Connected Careers roster update will be available on Friday, September 14th for the Xbox 360 & PS3.

The bastards,

This makes me happy :pac:

about time! Santry... get the league set up so people can join!

We need to wait until Friday to start it up!! I'm away Sunday to Friday so maybe we'll wait til next Friday?

joking

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

We still need a fix to the accelerated clock to go ahead,

Are we going to go ahead with pre existing injuries if that's not fixed?

adrian522 wrote: »
    We still need a fix to the accelerated clock to go ahead,

Are we going to go ahead with pre existing injuries if that's not fixed?

I'm hoping this will include a fix for accelerated clock. We'll wait and see but I'm hoping it's a complete patch covering the whole CC.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I admire your optimism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Looking forward to getting this started lads.
    Whatever issues remain after the patch we can workaround, will be a while until the next one I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I'm really hoping to get the league running before FIFA 13 comes out, as Madden will be neglected and coming out only to play league games from then on most likely.

These are the fixes from today
    title update #2

- Added an Instant Start option to Connected Careers as a player
    - Numerous commentary improvements to address when lines trigger and what they say.
    - Added a trade notification in CCM for the NFL Draft
    - Fixed social media sharing post-game to address spacing issues
    - Improved the GameFace feature
    - Fixed Challenge Audio to make the appropriate call
    - Improved Physics Get-up post play
    - Adjusted created players in Connected Careers so that they always have high progression grades despite their backstory choices
    - Fixed defensive assignment issues against the CPU AI when users were in Man Coverage
    - Increased the chances to trade for a CPU team’s starter
    - Adjusted the scouting development trait in CCM to display as (Slow, Medium, Fast, or Superstar) instead of 0-3.
    - Added the ability to post results from H2H MUT games on Facebook/Twitter.
    - Numerous stability issues around the game in general were also included in the update to improve the overall experience and Connected Careers specifically.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Do we still have to do preseason then if this roster update includes the 53 man rosters?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,815 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Any word of a fix for the punting issue or am I just doing it completely wrong? Any kind of adjustment in height or direction seems to make the ball just bounce a bit, no matter how much power I put in it

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

If its happening after the 1st quarter of a pre season game, don't worry. Its your field goal kicker taking the punts.

When you hit the regular season you punter will be in for the whole game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭davetherave

I actually got an unintentional sneaky first down this way. My FG kicker was punting the ball but it just about made it to the LOS. It bounced off of a D-Lineman, live ball, kicking team recover it. 1st Down :D

etloveslsd wrote: »
    If its happening after the 1st quarter of a pre season game, don't worry. Its your field goal kicker taking the punts.

When you hit the regular season you punter will be in for the whole game.

Might be it alright, though I'd still argue that it's ridiculous.

Other than that, when in an offline career as a coach, is there any easier way of looking for players for trades? Like, if I wanted a WR, I currently have to go through each team individually and sift through all their players to find their WRs. Any way you can just search WRs from all teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Justin10

That really bugs me too, I cant see all the players in each position. Anyone know how you can??

Also I think be great to be able to sort players by their experience in the league. Be great like in 4 years see who progressed more RG3 or Luck, or to see what players from the late rounds turned out to be a stud.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

The panthers triple option is so so cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Penn wrote: »
    Might be it alright, though I'd still argue that it's ridiculous.

Other than that, when in an offline career as a coach, is there any easier way of looking for players for trades? Like, if I wanted a WR, I currently have to go through each team individually and sift through all their players to find their WRs. Any way you can just search WRs from all teams?

You can't do it from the trade screen. If you go into the roster screen and pull the team select trigger (LT I think) There should be an All NFL option between The Bears and The Vikings. Then you should be able to see all player for your selected position.

You could do this in last years game but I haven't tried it in this years. You might also be able to select that player and start the trade process from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Quick question, is it possible to do drafts from ncaa or would i have to get the american version

astonaidan wrote: »
    Quick question, is it possible to do drafts from ncaa or would i have to get the american version

Don't think that functionality is in Madden 13 at all.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Damn griffin going down 2 points!

I get Jonathan Vilma back and Jimmy Graham gets a one point increase?

TOUCHDOWN!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Dominic Fat Pedestal

Where are my week 1 madden moments ea

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Just threw a 47 yard TD pass to Megatron

Went down as a pass from Cliff Avril to Stephen Tulloch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Justin10

They are adding fantasy draft next week

• Advertisement

Rochey18 wrote: »
    They are adding fantasy draft next week

You have got to be kidding me, that would have been have been useful information a month ago. EA are fcuking amateurs.

Advertisement