Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Found another silly bug. Just won the super bowl, was offered a contract extension, and clicked decline because i wanted a new challenge with a different team. For some reason this doesnt seem to work, and the offseason just carries on with my original team as normal. I want to play with a new team but i dont want to retire the coach. Any ideas?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Rochey have you got a source for that? Adding fantasy draft is a lot bigger than adding a patch

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Never mind have just seen it on twitter!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

Poll for fantasy draft? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Dominic Fat Pedestal

im kinda settled in with my team at the mo we could probably start a 2nd league

• Advertisement

Raoul wrote: »
    Poll for fantasy draft? :pac:

My own view is no... it will mean that the people who picked first will have zero assistance by having a better team.

I'm all for keeping it the way it is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭davetherave

If you add in a fantasy draft, that is just going to negate the purpose of doing the rankings and drafting full teams.

Fully agree Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

If you add in a fantasy draft, that is just going to negate the purpose of doing the rankings and drafting full teams.

I agree, most people if not everybody put alot of though and planning into which teanm they would select, and some people got lucky when high rated teams dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

I would love Fantasy Draft. However I think its better for the long term benefit of the league to do the draft as we have done with the players who have poor records picking early and those who have have the best records picking late.

With the real teams it will mean a much more even league which can only be a good thing going forward.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Need more details, such as how would the salary cap work with fantasy draft (if at all) etc.

We could probably run a second fantasy franchise if there was sufficient interest.

If we do a fantasy league draft should b disabled I feel

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

I was joking about the poll. We should definitely stick with the real teams. Already looking forward to the saints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Has the roster update been released yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

No fantasy draft please lads.

We've got a great setup going now with the weaker players getting the best teams and we've seen in the cup games already that it looks like it will be of great benefit to the league as games between those at the top and bottom of the rankings have been very close with even a couple of shock results thrown in too.

With a fantasy draft every team in the league will be ranked A+ or A- and in that case it's like all of us having a team as good as the Packers or Patriots and as mentioned negates the whole point of the draft we have done over the last couple of weeks based on the power rankings.

I was one of the most critical of EA for not putting in a fantasy draft when I first heard of the connected career mode coming in for Madden 13, but over the last few months I think this will actually benefit the Boards franchise. Fair enough they're giving the public what they want, but personally I think a lot of franchises will now not bother going with a fantasy draft after seeing what connected careers is all about.

Definitely leave it as it is.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

SantryRed wrote: »

Just after going on now and wasn't offered an update yet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

PerrinV2 wrote: »

Just after going on now and wasn't offered an update yet

I got offered an update

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I got offered an update

Strange,anyway I went in the gridiron club and updated it from there

Don't think that's the online CC one though....

Online CC is now available.

I will look at it in the next while to check what it's like and the league will be started tomorrow. The first week of preseason will run Saturday to Wednesday. Then Thursday to Sunday. Monday to Wed. Thurs to Sun. With regular season starting on the 24th September :)

I'm away Sunday to Friday so will give Raoul power to advance the franchise on Weds night.

• Advertisement

anyone know when where getting new madden moments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Online CC is now available.

I will look at it in the next while to check what it's like and the league will be started tomorrow. The first week of preseason will run Saturday to Wednesday. Then Thursday to Sunday. Monday to Wed. Thurs to Sun. With regular season starting on the 24th September :)

I'm away Sunday to Friday so will give Raoul power to advance the franchise on Weds night.

Given we are late starring this, will we still have time for 3 full seasons? Personally I'd be in favour of shortening the time for pre season to maybe 2 days per game week.

This should ensure we are finished season 3 when the next madden comes out.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Given we are late starring this, will we still have time for 3 full seasons? Personally I'd be in favour of shortening the time for pre season to maybe 2 days per game week.

This should ensure we are finished season 3 when the next madden comes out.

We're only out by one week.

So for now we'll leave it as it is, since it's the first season. We'll look to shorten the next two pre seasons to 10 days possibly which will catch us back up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

We are out by a week, but maybe given EA's history we will have to wait to start next years game too, and sure if if runs over by a week...so what?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Do we need to cut players during preseason now, no? Also, was a definitive decision agreed on whether pre-existing injuries would be on/off?

If the slider problem is still there then unfortunately we're probably going to have to play with pre existing injuries on, even though I think it's unfair.

Paully will you play your NCAA game please :p

madalig12 wrote: »
    We are out by a week, but maybe given EA's history we will have to wait to start next years game too, and sure if if runs over by a week...so what?

Well I don't want to be still paying the old game once the new one comes out.

Also if we are starting with 53 man rosters then the benefit of preseason is reduced slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

How about since the league we're doing here is real teams, adrian could do a fantasy draft for the bpl? I would love a fantasy draft league.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Well I don't want to be still paying the old game once the new one comes out.

Also if we are starting with 53 man rosters then the benefit of preseason is reduced slightly.

We won't be playing when the new one comes out. I'll make sure of that.

• Advertisement

Shure start the pre-season today,ah go on :pac:

Advertisement