Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Its different for each team. My first season with the Rams my goal was to make the play offs. To find it, it's on the second screen on you careers menu, between the news and actions.

Mine is the same, but there is more than one. For example mine are

1. Playoffs
    2. Win 8 games
    3. Win 1 game
    (can't remember the last one)

EDit: just found the answer to my question, there are four tier of goals for players and coaches:
    Season Goals focus on one stat for players (like season passing yards for Quarterbacks) and have four tiers. Tier one is the lowest tier and tier four is the highest. If you only hit tier one, your ratings will drop as a player and you’ll get fired if you’re a coach. If you hit tier four, you’ll earn a nice chunk of XP to use when progressing your player or coach. As I mentioned above, your backstory determines the XP you earn and how difficult your goals are from the start of your career.

Did you make the playoffs in your first season with the rams?
    etloveslsd wrote: »
    Not to tell you what to do with your team, but having experience with the Rams, you need to address your Oline especially RT and LG. Remember you have The Redskins first round pick, so keep an eye on how they are doing.

I think I improved my o line a bit in free agency, but it probably still isn't up to scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

J. Marston is now the Colts.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Did you make the playoffs in your first season with the rams?

I was simming that league to see how the post season went but yes I did....just about got a wild card spot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

How many RE's start on a team?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

PerrinV2 wrote: »

Just one, but you can always play a right end on the left side.

• Advertisement

Do you mean how many you need in your roster or how many actually start on the field?

Only one would start. But you may need a minimum of two in your roster (not certain though).

Raoul wrote: »
    J. Marston is now the Colts.

I take that back, yet another person that thought everything was PS3 due to the sticky. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

The feckin Tebow to Jags trade hasnt gone through yet. Must have been 3 times myself and Dave put it up and accepted it.

Really annoying as I wont get to use him in preseason now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    The feckin Tebow to Jags trade hasnt gone through yet. Must have been 3 times myself and Dave put it up and accepted it.

Have you both played your game? If so get it done before week 1!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Has someone got the colts..I proposed a trade to teams who needed a hb and it was accepted...if that's been done by CPU I'll accept it back.

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    Have you both played your game? If so get it done before week 1!!

I'm playing tonight but Dave won't be playing his game this week. He's said he would try and propose the trade on the website and if I accept it then it should work, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

My corners won't be pleased to hear that :P

Is there anyway to highlight a specific WR on defense?
    Like I've tried going into individual coverage and highlighting press but they get free anyway

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

If you press up, then A( for individual assignment) then press the letter of the receiver then press A, you can spotlight a receiver, which if you are in zone will make your defenders pay extra attention to him.

In man you can manually assign a defender to a particular receiver, so you could have a CB and a safety on one of the WR's but this is pretty risky to be honest.

Is there anyway to highlight a specific WR on defense?
    Like I've tried going into individual coverage and highlighting press but they free anyway

Does the receiver you selected to highlight have an orange circle around him after you have 'highlighted' him?

I think highlighting receivers only works with zone defenses so if you're highlighting a receivers in man it won't have a large effect.

I am unsure how much of an effect highlighting has anyway. I do use it but I have never really checked how much effect it has.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

I'm seeing that Jacksonville jags will play San Francisco in wembly next year!:)

madalig12 wrote: »
    I'm seeing that Jacksonville jags will play San Francisco in wembly next year!:)

And I'm definitely going. The Jags will most likely be slaughtered but it will be cool to see them none-the-less.

EA SPORTS Madden NFL ‏@EAMaddenNFL REMINDER: The ability to change your coaching schemes will be coming to #Madden13 Online CCMs this Friday (10/19).

Mines being set as west coast since the start.I presume I should change it back to spread as thats what it says the broncos are in the manual

EA SPORTS Madden NFL ‏@EAMaddenNFL REMINDER: The ability to change your coaching schemes will be coming to #Madden13 Online CCMs this Friday (10/19).

Mines being set as west coast since the start.I presume I should change it back to spread as thats what it says the broncos are in the manual

Yeah, it'll give you a better idea of a players suitability to your system.

Do your CB's essentially mark the wide recievers?

• Advertisement

Do your CB's essentially mark the wide recievers?

In man coverage yeah. You should always have the same amount of corners on the field as your opponent has wideouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    In man coverage yeah. You should always have the same amount of corners on the field as your opponent has wideouts.

Not Always. If your within your 15 yard line you don't always need to come out of your base formation 4-3 or 3-4 depending. Being In this formation allows you to disguise your blitzes or heavy pass coverage p,as accordingly . Forcing the opposing QB to wait for an open reciever as opposed to reading a hot route .

Example If your defending on your own 12 yard line . The opposing offense picks a 4 WR set with 1 Rb. His theory if he spreads you out he'll find the mis match in the pass game he can fire a quick pass off for a first down or a touchdown. If he sees you in heavy pass defense say in a dime look ( 4 D line men 1 linebacker and 6 defensive backs ) he can audible to a run and game either a touchdown or positive gain.

If you come out in3-4 base formation in the same situation. He can't really run the ball with that many linebackers. Now if he passes he could still have 7 people in coverage . while in your redZone your linebackers coverage will hold up a lot better than if your in midfield ... Or you can use your best blitzers in a 3-4 and overload his offensive line hoping he's waiting for his tight end to make his route.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Thats why i'll never beat Dave in Madden :pac:

Well to follow up my intial question,is there way to put your best CB on their best WR for the entire match?
    Watching the steelers vs ravens at the weekend gave me ideas

Think you can go into defensive assignments in the coaching options and go to your best CB and put him on your opponents best WR. I haven't tried it in this years though.

Apart from the 2 minute warning does the gameclock go faster in the 1st than it does in the 4th?

Apart from the 2 minute warning does the gameclock go faster in the 1st than it does in the 4th?

There is no clock run off after the warning

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    There is no clock run off after the warning
    Right so does the same apply to the 2nd quarter,no run off there either after the 2 min warning?

Right so does the same apply to the 2nd quarter,no run off there either after the 2 min warning?

I think its the last 5 minutes of the game when if you step out of bounds the clock stops which doesn't happen in other quarters.

Obviously cept the 2 min. warning.

Edit - I only found this out a couple of months ago when I was confused as to why the clock wasn't stopping when I ran out of bounds.

• Advertisement

Right I just ask cause me and gufc have to play the 4th quarter,with only 4 points between us clock management will be important

Advertisement