Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,117 ✭✭✭Guffy

Does anyone know if we were to play the second quarter as the fourth and the looser was to quit at half time would the win stand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

gufc21 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if we were to play the second quarter as the fourth and the looser was to quit at half time would the win stand?

Nope, you have to wait unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

Best thing is to keep call run plays and then punt it on 4th down. The runs play keep the clock moving and then you can just wait until you get to the 4th and play from then on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Just a question on spreading and the defensive line.
    Do you pinch the line when you're expecting a run through the middle?
    Is that when you would you it?

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Just a question on spreading and the defensive line.
    Do you pinch the line when you're expecting a run through the middle?
    Is that when you would you it?

Hope I am right here, but take for example a goal line play where you believe a full back is going to try and run it right up the middle.

Whats the best option?

To me its get as many players in that gap as possible, so therefore I would pinch and also get my linebackers to crash the middle. Problem solved.

If you are the offensive guy and you see this though, you can toss it out to your HB and have all day to run around the D.

If you think a guy is pacey and he fancies his chances around the edges of your D-line you might want to spread your offensive line. I am thinking here of say a small fast rb, I am never going to run him up the middle (unless on a draw type play) he is way too small for that, can't truck great and may fumble, so if I was defending him I would either keep my line as is or spread them out a little bit.

• Advertisement

Thanks Raoul,never knew "crashing" either was for your linebackers.
    Just with them if you expected a run to the side would you pick "crash edges" ?

Thanks Raoul,never knew "crashing" either was for your linebackers.
    Just with them if you expected a run to the side would you pick "crash edges" ?

Think so.

Think it was you that asked about defensive assignments, you can't do it in this version unfortunately. I was looking to stick my best cb on a person's best WR and I couldn't do it. :(

Raoul wrote: »
    Think so.

Think it was you that asked about defensive assignments, you can't do it in this version unfortunately. I was looking to stick my best cb on a person's best WR and I couldn't do it. :(

It was ya,I tried it myself after you saying it but couldn't do it either

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

I wasnt sure where to put this question - but I was wondering when trades open up again?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

After Free agency I would imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

NekoChan wrote: »
    I wasnt sure where to put this question - but I was wondering when trades open up again?

I think they unlock in the game as soon as the superbowl is over and advanced on from. It will be up to us to block it until after FA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

lads the previous Colts manager had their offence set to the Giants and the defence set to the Redskins, how do i go about changing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Ordered Madden last week so it'd be here after my exams. Landed Friday to my student accom but I missed the e-mail telling me it was here so I've to wait until Monday to get it when the office opens again! Is they league ye run just on xbox? Any ps3 league?

Ordered Madden last week so it'd be here after my exams. Landed Friday to my student accom but I missed the e-mail telling me it was here so I've to wait until Monday to get it when the office opens again! Is they league ye run just on xbox? Any ps3 league?

I dunno if the ps3 league is still running,their thread is a sticky on the front page but there hasn't been a post for a while.

Just a question regarding the auto-subs guys.
    Looking to get my other HB Moreno more involved in my plays maybe even share the workload with McGahee,is any1 using their 2 HB's in the same way? Any suggestions what I should adjust the sliders for the effect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Just a question regarding the auto-subs guys.
    Looking to get my other HB Moreno more involved in my plays maybe even share the workload with McGahee,is any1 using their 2 HB's in the same way? Any suggestions what I should adjust the sliders for the effect?

Sub him in during the game. Press RB before selecting ur play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

An even quicker way is to use the PACKAGES in each play. Think its Right Stick. Every Offensive and Defensive formation has them and there are some fabulous ones you can use.

Good example out of the I-Form. Just say you have a play where you have a great pass to your FB but your FB is mainly a blocker and could not catch a cold. At the playcalling screen right stick though package and find one which automatically puts a HB in at FB. There are actually two Dual HB ( puts you no 1 HB in at HB ), Dual HB Swap ( puts your #1 HB at FB and your #2HB at FB ).

Explore these packages in practice mode on both sides of the ball, there are some really neat one's

Well I was thinking of a more automated approach,I'm happy with whichever HB is on the field.
    Thinking of maybe upping my "HB Sub In" slider to 60 maybe 65

Well I was thinking of a more automated approach,I'm happy with whichever HB is on the field.
    Thinking of maybe upping my "HB Sub In" slider to 60 maybe 65

See, I think you are much much better using the HBs in the right situation and having control of when to use them. MaGahee is great for running up the middle! I would be getting him in on a lot of 3rd and shorts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Tend to play Madden 13 on the Vita the most. It's essentially a portable version of the PS3/360 Madden 12 with updated rosters but that's no harm - compared to most other first-gen sport game releases it's incredibly full-featured.

You've got franchise and be a superstar mode, Madden Live Moments and online match-up play. What really makes it for me is that it has supersim which makes flying through a game when you've got a few minutes to spare a breeze. The engine chugs at times during the cut scenes between plays but in action it's fluid and perfectly playable.

It was only released in the US but because it was also bundled with the Vita there's a lot of non-boxed copies (the bundle version comes in a blister pack) from those bundles available for very cheap prices (http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B006WQR39M/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1358875829&sr=8-1&keywords=madden+13+vita&condition=used). I got mine that way and it only cost me $20, postage inclusive.

Anyone with a Vita reading this really should pick up a copy, it makes the breaks in the games on Sundays disappear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭davetherave

Consider this the written notification of a formal protest by the New England Patriots over the insertion of Steve Smith of the Carolina Panthers at the number two position with 315 yards in the most receiving yardage in a game, thereby moving Gronk to number three with 313 yards.
    This protest is on the basis that Smith cheated!
    He had two more catches and one less touchdown. This will not stand! The team I am playing next will have to suffer the Wrath of Gronk(tm) over this matter!

Actually I think my next game is against Dave and the Jets...maybe I'll do it the week after. >_> :p

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Consider this the written notification of a formal protest by the New England Patriots over the insertion of Steve Smith of the Carolina Panthers at the number two position with 315 yards in the most receiving yardage in a game, thereby moving Gronk to number three with 313 yards.
    This protest is on the basis that Smith cheated!
    He had two more catches and one less touchdown. This will not stand! The team I am playing next will have to suffer the Wrath of Gronk(tm) over this matter!

Actually I think my next game is against Dave and the Jets...maybe I'll do it the week after. >_> :p

The Bengals & Gresham accept your challenge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Would love some advice on this issue lads.

I've got 4 WR's I am very confident can make a play. Blackmon, Robinson and Cribbs are my top 3 on the depth chart, but Antonio Bryant is 4th and it seems like he is NEVER on the field. When I go out of the Gun with a 4 WR set, it always has my TE Marcedes Lewis lining up in the slot, somewhere I would love Bryant. Is there anything I can do other than sub Bryant in, so that when Lewis is out there, it's only in a traditional TE spot?

At the moment, the only plays where Bryant is out there are for GUN > Tight Flex plays like Bench. I'd like him in most Gun sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

I've got 4 WR's I am very confident can make a play. Blackmon, Robinson and Cribbs are my top 3 on the depth chart, but Antonio Bryant is 4th and it seems like he is NEVER on the field. When I go out of the Gun with a 4 WR set, it always has my TE Marcedes Lewis lining up in the slot, somewhere I would love Bryant. Is there anything I can do other than sub Bryant in, so that when Lewis is out there, it's only in a traditional TE spot?

At the moment, the only plays where Bryant is out there are for GUN > Tight Flex plays like Bench. I'd like him in most Gun sets.

Its down to the playbook that the Jags have. Found it myself when i played an offline career with the Jags and their spread offence puts in your top 3 receivers and the TE and HB as WR #4 and 5.
    Just found myself having to change to a different playbook in the end before you start up a game in the advance settings

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Ye guys still continuing with the leagues? I'm getting Madden 13 for cheap one of the days so if there is any open spaces i'll put my name down.

Shane.C wrote: »
    Ye guys still continuing with the leagues? I'm getting Madden 13 for cheap one of the days so if there is any open spaces i'll put my name down.
    Xbox is going strong and the ps3 has just started up too.Teams available in both I believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

Welcome back, there are free teams I think four are available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lads is there a place where i can see what players are available for trade, and which players are leading in stats this season, i tried the EA connected careers website but it keeps saying there is a server error and i cant get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Did you check the Packages with the right stick at playcalling. Often you find one which would put all WR on the field.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Yeah I have the same annoying situation when I go 2-3-6. For some reason it's set for the 2nd string SS to come in as the 4th CB, and he is awful. Sorted it now thankfully.

Advertisement