Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

The patriots playbook is the worst for it. Some 5 wide plays sub in danny wood head. alot of plays use hernandez as a WR. Defensive plays where theres a LB in as DE or having 3DE's in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Berty44 wrote: »
    Did you check the Packages with the right stick at playcalling. Often you find one which would put all WR on the field.

Thank you.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuER3IOCV6L118fV9SQmMGIegNwkgpN1-n6HyJWhzaclG1yebFxA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Just noticed Larry Fitz is close behind smith in receptions, need to work on this! ;)

For anyone interested, yesterday was the Virgin Gaming EA Sports Challenge Series grand finals were in Las Vegas yesterday. The best Madden players in the world gathered for a 256 player tournament with the winner getting $140,000. Check out the final match here:

It's 49ers vs 49ers, the slaggiest of non-sim gameplay, and the Indian commentator guy is terrible, but it's still quite entertaining I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    For anyone interested, yesterday was the Virgin Gaming EA Sports Challenge Series grand finals were in Las Vegas yesterday. The best Madden players in the world gathered for a 256 player tournament with the winner getting $140,000. Check out the final match here:

It's 49ers vs 49ers, the slaggiest of non-sim gameplay, and the Indian commentator guy is terrible, but it's still quite entertaining I find.

I'm bamboozled looking at the quickness in the changing of plays

• Advertisement

I'm bamboozled looking at the quickness in the changing of plays

The adjustments are like something out of Minority Report.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Got the game today, is there any teams available in the xbox franchise?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Shane.C wrote: »
    Got the game today, is there any teams available in the xbox franchise?
    I think the texans and chargers are available I believe, I'm sure Santry or Heli can confirm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Slaggiest crap ever!!!

That stuff annoys me :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    I think the texans and chargers are available I believe, I'm sure Santry or Heli can confirm

Take the Chargers... AFC South is a meat grinder as it is!!!

• Advertisement

Chargers are the team i support anyways! Will choose them! Passcode and name of league on xbox live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Chargers are the team i support anyways! Will choose them! Passcode and name of league on xbox live?

Will send you a PM and invite tomorrow Shane. Welcome back :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Has any1 ever tried team play online?
    I experienced both the good and the bad of it there.
    1st game the captain picked the vikings and himself as RB,he just picked running plays all game,every1 left after a quarter(both my team and opponents).
    2nd game I got in as captain,just me and another guy and it was really good.
    He took control of the DL and WR's and I had QB and LB's.It was good cause on offense he was quite good on route running,catching and on defence he was good at stopping the run and usering the safety,we ran out comfortable winners.
    The 3rd game,my god I got stuck with 2 clowns,on defence the opponents were calling runs all the time cause these 2 were usering every1 and couldn't tackle with any them,the opponents were literally walking it into the red zone.
    On offence was no better,talk about lads who didn't know how to stick to a route they were flying all over the shop.
    The left at half time but the damage was done.
    I think I'd play it again cause the 2nd game was so enjoyable,luck of the draw really

Anywhere that i can view the teams in the league? Are the teams as is or was there a draft?

Anywhere that i can view the teams in the league? Are the teams as is or was there a draft?

I think one of the stickies, Whos Who and Boards Community or something to that effect, has a spreadsheet with the teams and users by division.

And Perrin, we should try and get like a 3v3 Team Play tournament going! Never tried it myself.

I think one of the stickies, Whos Who and Boards Community or something to that effect, has a spreadsheet with the teams and users by division.

And Perrin, we should try and get like a 3v3 Team Play tournament going! Never tried it myself.

Ya even a few 2v2 friendlies would be good,like I mentioned the 2nd game I play with the decent guy was really good,we had the whole "unagi" thing going

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭davetherave

Yeah, I'd be up for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

All this retirement talk got me thinking...has anyone ever seen a player retire in Madden and then come back? They advertised it as a feature this year but the only one I've ever seen comeback is Kurt Warner.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

The_Gatsby wrote: »
    All this retirement talk got me thinking...has anyone ever seen a player retire in Madden and then come back? They advertised it as a feature this year but the only one I've ever seen comeback is Kurt Warner.

Tom Brady took a year off in one of my offline franchises along with Donald Driver. Brain Billick is another favorite to comeback.

Have to say I am disappointed with the feature. I thought it would have been the likes of Barry Sanders and Michael Irvin. I know it wouldn't have been realistic but its a video game at the end of the day. Surprise surprise, nobody picked up Driver.

Vernon Davis is an absolute beast!

• Advertisement

I am still really enjoying playing Madden 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Vernon Davis is an absolute beast!

He's good, but he's no Coby Fleener :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I just bought Consistency, Ball Player and Big Hitter traits for Webb. He is some beast.

I've bought 'Big Hitter' for Russell Allen, Rashean Mathis, Derek Cox, Amari Spievey and Paul Poszlusny. Hold RB lads.

I am still really enjoying playing Madden 13.
    Same here,playing alot of online games vs americans to get my fill,it can be hit or miss who you get put against

Same here,playing alot of online games vs americans to get my fill,it can be hit or miss who you get put against

I joined the PFL, got into 2 more Madden leagues (3 total) and 1 NBA league and I still have to play ranked games to get enough! 5-0 in ranked now, the people around my level are all terrible.

I joined the PFL, got into 2 more Madden leagues (3 total) and 1 NBA league and I still have to play ranked games to get enough! 5-0 in ranked now, the people around my level are all terrible.
    PFL,thats the thing that Berty and the guys are in,be a while before I'm up to that standard

PFL,thats the thing that Berty and the guys are in,be a while before I'm up to that standard

Ya that's the one. I wouldn't worry about standards though, I've been there for about 3 weeks and have played around 10 games over the 2 leagues I'm in, I've been beaten badly once, had 3 very easy games, and 4 or 5 nail biters. Just like our league here there are some lads who are very good, and some lads who are new to the game/terrible :P But what I have noticed is that if you are struggling with anything there are a lot of knowledgeable people who are more than willing to help. Also, the better players here like Berty and Ben are the better players on PFL as well, think Ben won a superbowl last season, so they have a fear of anyone Irish.

If you want to play more Madden in a league structure then join, don't worry about not being good enough as I know for a fact I've played others far worse than yourself. There also happen to be a number of dropouts from a couple of leagues at the moment.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Ben has won 2 SB's on the trot i think over there along with a perfect season iirc, Bertys also had a perfect season over there which are huge achievements.. they were all scared to play me.. now not so much!

But just to echo what mikey says, it's a great community and there's a good but of banter especially during games

• Advertisement

Might just join the forums later tonight and lurk for a bit

Advertisement