Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 13

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Kinda continuing on from ppl buying the big hitter trait to cause fumbles,has anyone had any success in attempting to strip the ball?
    I've been trying it out and have not stripped a ball yet,in fact what I'm finding in attempting to strip the ball there less likely to complete the tackle and the opponent gets away.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Kinda continuing on from ppl buying the big hitter trait to cause fumbles,has anyone had any success in attempting to strip the ball?
    I've been trying it out and have not stripped a ball yet,in fact what I'm finding in attempting to strip the ball there less likely to complete the tackle and the opponent gets away.

Thats pretty much the only thing i can get to happen when i attempt to strip the ball

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, I'vve become an expert in not making the tackle, with hilarious consequences

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Might just join the forums later tonight and lurk for a bit
    You should dude as Mikey said some great craic to be had also in the PFL,

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

adrian522 wrote: »
    Yes, I'vve become an expert in not making the tackle, with hilarious consequences

im trying to user pick a lot more... which means that i take control too early and dive on the ground... easy TD for the opposition!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

im trying to user pick a lot more... which means that i take control too early and dive on the ground... easy TD for the opposition!
    User picks are the biggest exploitable glitch in the game. Why does a player suddenly become ten times the athlete he was just because he is user controlled. I lost a game because I threw the ball over the top to aj green who had a few meters separation and I was ready to celebrate when all of a sudden the cb is user controlled almost catches up with him but doesn't need to because he can out jump aj green while not even looking at the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Common problem with the Colts all season :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Ah rock you ruined it. Raoul was Post 666 in this thread and would have lost every game he played as post 666. But nope, no more.

gufc21 wrote: »
    Ah rock you ruined it. Raoul was Post 666 in this thread and would have lost every game he played as post 666. But nope, no more.

:eek: What!!! wait I was 668, Heli was 666, hopefully same rule applies to him :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Time to delete a few to make someone else the devil!

• Advertisement

Time to delete a few to make someone else the devil!

To late now Devilmachopter, now hit that losing streak :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Looking for a few opinions on player progression guys. Do ye like to progress at the end of each game, month, season? I've just started manually progressing in my leagues and I'm wondering if there's a consensus among players as to what's best?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Looking for a few opinions on player progression guys. Do ye like to progress at the end of each game, month, season? I've just started manually progressing in my leagues and I'm wondering if there's a consensus among players as to what's best?

I like to do it after every game.

First thing first, I do the "Bad Start" practise every week to get 2000 XP for every player. It's tough you are 21-0 down with 3 quarters left and I think it's all Madden, but I have no trouble with the CPU in Madden so it's a great start.

Then I play my game, which depending on player performance can give your guys more XP.

After the game I improve where I need to, I never bother with anyone under 5000 XP as I find you can't buy anything useful, and I do like giving my players traits which cost 10000 XP like Consistency, Big Hitter and Swim/Power moves for the D-Linemen.

Although if you wait until the end of the season you will see more dramatic changes, I like the idea of week by week progression.

I let each player build up to 20,000xp usually,from there I can to buy traits or upgrade attributes,I prefer the bigger jumps than small ones.
    If its a rookie player I upgrade him maybe every 2 games

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Every game really. Only do the key stats for the player's role in the team. Not too concerned about traits.

I normally upgrade regularly enough.

For the D backs, its all about awareness,would rather the 2/3extra AWR points than the big hitter trait.

I spend a fortune on carry ball trait for Johnson yet he fumbles non stop!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

For the D backs, its all about awareness,would rather the 2/3extra AWR points than the big hitter trait.

Does AWR also help recognise play action or is that more to do with play recognition?

Does AWR also help recognise play action or is that more to do with play recognition?

IMHO it means they are just more alert, the ball isnt going to go sailing over their heads, the WR may make the catch but they DB may be tacklng them as they catch etc.

Helps with ints, I spent about 20K on AWR formy LBs in 2 leagues and they pick off quite a few passes (they still drop some though!)

I would absolutely love it if I made you eat those words. We play next and 3 of my 4 starting DB's and all 3 of my LB's have "Big Hitter" :D

Johnson will fumble that's guaranteed! He's done in 9 times so far and he missed 4 games, so pretty much once a game

• Advertisement

Mikey when did you buy those traits?
    If im reading CC correctly, you've only forced 3 fumbles all season...

I was finally able to afford them this past week. Still have 2 players left which should be done after this weeks practise. Yeah the 3 fumbles are the reason I had to take action, not enough at all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Would you not be better off upgrading Hit Power stats rather than getting the big hitter attribute?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Yeah, those attributes are pretty useless IMO. You can do so much more for a player than use 10-20k on some trait. He might pull a big play now and then, but it won't be worth the additional AWR or MCV you could have gotten him instead.

Possibly could have better used the XP somewhere else, but I'm very happy with my D apart from one area, and that's forcing fumbles. I could have used the XP on hit power, but I have a number of players with hit power in the 80's and they don't force fumbles. In fact, the only players I use that consistently force fumbles are: Bernard Pollard (Ravens), TJ Ward (Browns) and most of the 49ers D, the common denominator in these players was the hit power trait, so I wanted to see what effect it would have on my Jags D.

Now leave me alone. :pac:

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Possibly could have better used the XP somewhere else, but I'm very happy with my D apart from one area, and that's forcing fumbles. I could have used the XP on hit power, but I have a number of players with hit power in the 80's and they don't force fumbles. In fact, the only players I use that consistently force fumbles are: Bernard Pollard (Ravens), TJ Ward (Browns) and most of the 49ers D, the common denominator in these players was the hit power trait, so I wanted to see what effect it would have on my Jags D.

Now leave me alone. :pac:

I can see the scandal now... Titans force 5 fumbles against wimpy Jags offense, MJD now has career ending injury :pac:

I can see the scandal now... Titans force 5 fumbles against wimpy Jags offense, MJD now has career ending injury :pac:

I was thinking more like...

ee21a933c7db478eab889c517cb68e21.0.jpg

That is excellent!

I've been playing a few games online using the Seahawks, i'm on a 8 game winning streak, well i say 8, my opponents has quit at least 5 times, but i was well ahead in the games, anyway the seahawks Offence is brilliant and the defence is equally as good. Sherman at CB is an Interception machine :D

• Advertisement

Is X the button to make your QB slide when he's on the run?
    I always seem to dive head first so it must be the wrong one

Advertisement