Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

I thought the progression was decent in the current game, but there were flaws. The more you used an A potential player and the better he improved more.

I don't mean to single you out Rob, but in an offline franchise I had Cam Newton was 99 over all after 3 seasons. Your Cam Newton isn't that high because he didn't do as well as the cpu Cam. Obviously you had tougher opposition that the sim Cam in my game.

The one thing I don't like is that lower rated players and players in the league a few years are capped with how high they can go. After Berty showed us the merits of looking at specific skill as opposed to overall, I think we have all taken a punt on lower rated players.

You could have a 75 overall guy who will never go higher than 85 even though you have him breaking records for his position cause he is capped. This shouldn't be the way with the new game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

etloveslsd wrote: »
    I thought the progression was decent in the current game, but there were flaws. The more you used an A potential player and the better he improved more.
    Was in the Immature Gamers league as well for a while, and progressions were identical for about 95% of all players. Didn't matter that they had been used more or played better, the progressions were set in stone in for each player regardless of performance. There are countless examples of this as you can see from the Player Progressions spreadsheets I uploaded at end of each season, one I used before (noticed because it affected me)that illustrates this perfectly:

TE Aaron Hernandez (A potential)
    Overall season 1: 82
    Season Stats: 65 receptions, 1075 yards (2nd in league), 16.5 avg, 1 TD
    Overall rating season 2: 85 (+3)

TE Rob Gronkowski (A potential)
    Overall season 1: 84
    Season Stats: 35 receptions, 401 yards, 11.5 avg, 2 TDs
    Overall rating season 2: 95 (+11)
    I don't mean to single you out Rob, but in an offline franchise I had Cam Newton was 99 over all after 3 seasons. Your Cam Newton isn't that high because he didn't do as well as the cpu Cam. Obviously you had tougher opposition that the sim Cam in my game.

I would say there was a big difference with the Cam Newton you started with. When we started the BFL Cam was only a 77 as the NFL season hadn't started and he hadn't taken off yet, I would guess that when you started your franchise EA had upped his stats and was rated higher than that?
    And if so, then his progressions would obviously make him higher rated

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I think this is incorrect.

We started our franchise at the start of Madden 12 when Newton was rated quite moderately.

I suspect you started your offline franchise during the season, after a few roster updates which would have upgraded Newton significantly due to his real life performances.

The upgrades in the online franchise are merely dependent on POT and age, not how much he plays or how well he plays.

I had the same issue with Jimmy Graham whose rating was poor enough in our franchise but in other franchises that were started later, he was in full beast mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

adrian522 wrote: »
    I think this is incorrect.

We started our franchise at the start of Madden 12 when Newton was rated quite moderately.

I suspect you started your offline franchise during the season, after a few roster updates which would have upgraded Newton significantly due to his real life performances.

It was the first franchise I played in the game before I joined this one. Cam was no 1 pick last year, he would have been the highest rated rookie, would he not?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Sure, but his rating would have went up significantly during the season based on his performances. From expeoerience how well or how often someone plays has no role in how much they progress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I was fine with last year's progression system. Sure if you set records a player mightn't have progressed, but really if you can set records with the player already he doesn't need too much progression.

One thing I like is that they've changed the hot routes for next year. Got rid of the slant out, added the HB wheel and the zig routes. Zig one looks very good indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Kurt Warner is one of the players that makes a comeback:

550613_10150953667643756_1023884603_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Dominic Fat Pedestal

anyone have any idea when the demos coming out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

I'd say the 7th. Last year the demo came out exactly 3 weeks before the game so hopefully it's the same this year

I'd guess the 14th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Justin10

Going by last years dates it should be out the 7th, but think there be some sort of announcement about it for a 7th release date.

19 days until we get the game in our hands :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Demo out next week too!

is the demo out at 12 tonight so or do we have to wait for stupid american 12 or is it not out till later tomorow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Justin10

Do demos usually be released at midnight? If so im guessing be midnight in America not Europe.

god damn americans with there stupid slow clock :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

They normally pop up between 8am and 12.

Dying to get my hands on RGIII myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Raoul

Its not out yet anyway. Was hoping to get a quick game of it before work

Raoul wrote: »
    Its not out yet anyway. Was hoping to get a quick game of it before work

you and me both the americans are getting very pissy about it a lot of them stayed up all night waiting for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Raoul

Its probably best its not out until later on today or else my work day would be a lot less productive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Out now.

Stev_o wrote: »
    Out now.
    Where is it I can't c it

Found it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Apparently the ratings have been stretched out quite a bit, maybe Donny really wants to emphasis the superstars or impact players. Lets get some impressions lads when you get your hands on it!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'll get it this evening and give it a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Looking forward to demo this evening
    Think we should start up a thread for Madden 2013 in the AF forum?
    Try and get some attention from anyone who might buy it there and maybe join the BFL?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Good idea Rob, I'll pop one up later on if no one has done it in the mean time

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Firing up the demo now :D

The pre game presentation is class!

The play action is so much better

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I'm downloading the demo now,I haven't played a madden since 06 or 08(on the ps2 I think) so looking forward to having a go at this

Advertisement