Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 13

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I'm downloading the demo now,I haven't played a madden since 06 or 08(on the ps2 I think) so looking forward to having a go at this

Get the practice and join the franchise mate!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I think I'll need alot of practice before I'm up to that :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Justin10

The guys over at operations sport seem to be very impressed with it.

Damn you PS3 still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Joining the franchise is the best way to improve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Justin10

Did Madden 12 come with a Manual?
    Going to trade it in but only have a white manual and the online pass leaflet.
    Cant remember if it had a manual?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

Rochey18 wrote: »

No, don't think many games do come with a manual these days.

Played the demo for 1 quarter at lunch time. Skipped all the presentation and went straight into the game. I am not sure how much I like it or if I like it :confused:. I will have to have another go at it this evening. The receiver looking for the ball is quite cool, I doubt you will have any problems getting used to it if you usually let the play develop naturally anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Almost 2GB for the demo, my router will explode :pac: Almost an hour in and only just over 50% complete. What's the new impact engine like, those that have played it?

Seriously mate I thought the same and didn't bother joining the franchise for the first season of it. I joined in the second season though and it was a good decision. You'll get sick of playing online with randomers anyway as 95% of them don't play properly. At least with the franchise you get proper american football style games. As has been mentioned you will improve your game massively and you're probably not going to be as bad as you think either. I made the playoffs in my first season despite expecting to get hammered every week.
    Rochey18 wrote: »

Nope, no manuals. Just those leaflets and then the manual is available through options on the main menu of the game itself.

Here is a quick summary of the things I've found after a few games.

Pros

-Presentation is brilliant, commentators are good, everything is slick and looks like a TV broadcast.

-The Infinity Engine throws up some absolutely brilliant moments, like 5 or 6 men gang tackles and monstrous hits that feel random and different. Had a great moment where I caught the ball with Moss and smashed straight into a defensive back assigned to a different player. They bounced off each other and hit the ground, looked totally realistic.

- The play action system is my favourite thing. With a quick press of R2, your Qb will pull the ball close and put his head up and look for the pass. The other players will react to this, with your RB going quickly into his blocking assignment or route.

- The return of the RS kicking system.

- RGIII :cool:

Cons

- The Infinity Engine also throws up some wtf moments, with player twitching and rolling on the ground after plays. Think the inpact engine in fifa, except significantly less dodgy thankfully.

- The game speed seems slightly too fast

Overall its a big improvement and all had hoped for.

8.5/10

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Hashtag ThugLife

Demo available on ps3 yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Anybody else finding the lighting really dodgy? I'm playing hawks/skins and going one way is fine, say on defense but going the other way I can hardly tell the difference between the two teams, especially when my players are going deep. I think it's when the sun is behind you as you're looking at the screen

For the two cons that you have, I would expect them to be fixed in the actual game.

Going home to play it now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What do you all think of the new QB dropbacks?

Paully D wrote: »

For the few minutes I did play, the passing felt very natural. :) Running seemed a bit strange, like sorta cartoonish.

Paully D wrote: »

I didn't notice them until I read up on the game. This is probably a good thing, they feel natural and intuitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Dominic Fat Pedestal

I like it but it needs to be a bit slower

The skins could get picked pretty high good young players that should progress well

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Where is the game on XBL?

Where is the game on XBL?

Should be first game in new demos

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Dominic Fat Pedestal

lads were gona have to decide how strict we are on running with the qb do we alow it a certain amount of times a game or do you have to be in the pocket for a few seconds before you scramble or does anyone have a better idea or can we just not do it at all

the reason being tebow rg3 vick luck smith are far less attractive if you cant run at all

lads were gona have to decide how strict we are on running with the qb do we alow it a certain amount of times a game or do you have to be in the pocket for a few seconds before you scramble or does anyone have a better idea or can we just not do it at all

the reason being tebow rg3 vick luck smith are far less attractive if you cant run at all

No limit on specific QB runs, but you can't just take snaps and run every time. I think that is fair.

• Advertisement

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    No limit on specific QB runs, but you can't just take snaps and run every time. I think that is fair.

Yeah think designed Qb plays will be fine. Think the problem is when ppl scramble non stop out of pass plays

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Tbh that would be a nightmare to police and would never work. So long as the QB isn't running towards his own posts then throwing or doing something crazy it should be allowed. Most QB's will be injured after a few runs anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I can't find the demo. It's meant to be in the demos section of game marketplace right?

Are you coming back to the league Stevo?

What do people think about having a mini league/tournament as soon as the game comes out where you can be whoever you want, just to try out teams/players.

matthew8 wrote: »
    I can't find the demo. It's meant to be in the demos section of game marketplace right?

yep its the first one however i went in and it wasnt there and went out back in a few times and then it appeared.

So far.. not hugely impressed..

Just go to game marketplace, rb across to demos then look at new demos and it should be the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Still not showing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Raoul wrote: »
    Are you coming back to the league Stevo?

What do people think about having a mini league/tournament as soon as the game comes out where you can be whoever you want, just to try out teams/players.

Really unsure after playing this demo. Seemed to be a step backwards for me tbh. NCAA plays a much better game of football and has more features (Snap counts actually draw the AI offsides!, AI can actually cover properly, no huddle offense etc). I just can't see the effect of the new engine bar from the visuals doesn't seem to add much to the game at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

I played a full game as the giants using just run plays. 49ers came out in nearly always a cover 2. avg 8.9 yards per play. thought the running was far too easy.

havent had a full passing game. wanted to try out the option plays, and PA

• Advertisement

Still not showing up.

Download it from here http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Madden-NFL-13-Demo/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80245418994

Should start automatically On your xbox

Advertisement