Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

ibmax wrote: »
    etloveslsd wrote: »

Ian, I will stand corrected on this, but demos are close enough to the finished article

Noooooooo!!!!! You'll need a screen the size of Argentina to be able to differentiate between the ref and the free safety!!!!

I would say the lighting will be fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Dominic Fat Pedestal

the physics engine is a disaster to be fair i had marshawn lynch summersault from tripping over an o-linemans foot

things can change a lot from the demo but given how close the release date is i cant see them changing a whole lot id imagine some of the issues will be patched as the game goes along but they cant change the whole engine

on a positive note i thought the same about madden 12 when it came out and after a few patches they fixed all my issues so fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

on a positive note i thought the same about madden 12 when it came out and after a few patches they fixed all my issues so fingers crossed

Fingers crossed!!!

I thought madden 12 was great. What ea have done for years is introduce 1 feature a year to build on the complexity. Be it the hit/truck stick, the leading of receivers or etc... It gradually built the game to where it was last year.

I know it's early but it looks like a game that needed a bit of touching up (not like that) has been given the full back, sack and crack makeover... And there's nothing good about that ;)

Fingers crossed!!!

I thought madden 12 was great. What ea have done for years is introduce 1 feature a year to build on the complexity. Be it the hit/truck stick, the leading of receivers or etc... It gradually built the game to where it was last year.

I know it's early but it looks like a game that needed a bit of touching up (not like that) has been given the full back, sack and crack makeover... And there's nothing good about that ;)

ya im not worried about most of the issues my only real concern is the physics engine you cant patch the entire engine and we all know how it went for fifa:D

ya im not worried about most of the issues my only real concern is the physics engine you cant patch the entire engine and we all know how it went for fifa:D

I don't... I play Pro Ev... Which probably makes me a heathen so I'll keep quiet ;)

• Advertisement

I don't... I play Pro Ev... Which probably makes me a heathen so I'll keep quiet ;)

boooooooooooooo go home ian:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Had a hilarious scene with the Infinity Engine earlier. Gore is running through the line and gets brought down by Linval Joseph. Whatever way they get tangled it ends up with Joseph giving it doggy style to Gore for about 30 seconds, before the two of them try to get up and end up slashing around on the floor like frogs :pac: I tried to take a picture of it but didn't get there in time and I couldn't find an option for an instant replay.

I'm sure other people have noticed in the cut scenes players falling all over each other even though the play is long over. In fairness it's pretty funny but not realistic at all and will get annoying after a while.

Paully D wrote: »
    Had a hilarious scene with the Infinity Engine earlier. Gore is running through the line and gets brought down by Linval Joseph. Whatever way they get tangled it ends up with Joseph giving it doggy style to Gore for about 30 seconds, before the two of them try to get up and end up slashing around on the floor like frogs :pac: I tried to take a picture of it but didn't get there in time and I couldn't find an option for an instant replay.

I'm sure other people have noticed in the cut scenes players falling all over each other even though the play is long over. In fairness it's pretty funny but not realistic at all and will get annoying after a while.

YouTube is gonna double in size once people start posting videos like the above example!!!!

Here's a 175, YES 175 page long manual giving you every bit of detail you could possibly want on Connected Careers. It covers everything from player types and schemes, scouting, progressions, re-signing players, free agency etc. It also gives hugely detailed team profiles from page 35 onwards, so if you're considering taking a certain team, this manual is the best place to find their strengths, weaknesses, style, cap space, list of future draft picks, needs etc.

Basically everything you could possibly want to know is in this manual:

http://vassets.ea.com/Assets/Resources/File/M13ConnectedCareersManual.pdf

If anyone's a bit confused on whether to look at the coach or player information remember the ''being/playing as a coach'' parts are the ones we need to look at as that's what we'll be playing as in the Connected Career mode. Happy reading/studying :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks it's a big improvement?

YES! :p

In all seriousness though I think it's a major step side ways. Honestly if you played NCAA 13 I don't see how you'd be able to put up with Madden at all. One game feels remotely like football while the other is just bonkers. Rushing is just too easy in 13 and despite the fact we are playing against the 4 toughest defences in the demo it's way too easy to run at will. Maybe it's the demo but I HATE the playbooks seem to be the same plays in nearly every formation. Passing is ridiculously easy, comebacks and crossing routes are money. The AI seems to have gotten dumber, it's obsessed with a running game that never goes anywhere and don't get me started on it's logic under 2 minutes....

IE doesn't make sense, a physics engine that's rendered pointless by stats. The only thing you get out of it are pile ups and weird mid air colisions. It's more of a graphical addition then a gamechanger. There is nothing cool about Matt Flyn trucking a linebacker.... Not only this but most tackle now look ridiculous, half of them don't have any contact you can see the white space between the two players! The tackles themselves look like rag dolls being aimlessly thrown at players. Nothing seems natural.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Lads,

have people pre order the game yet? Going to email gamesnash.ie and see if I could cut us a deal or something. Even get it a day early :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

SantryRed wrote: »
    Lads,

have people pre order the game yet? Going to email gamesnash.ie and see if I could cut us a deal or something. Even get it a day early :D

Definitely interested in pre-ordering if I could get it cheaper but last year I got it in HMV for 24 euro after I traded in the old Madden.

Edit - its €60 on gamesnash, I imagine that there will be places selling it cheaper.

Amazon its €48 euro, gamestop is €50, €51 in zavvi

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Not yet, just gonna walk over to game stop or something in town and pick it up

Raoul wrote: »
    Definitely interested in pre-ordering if I could get it cheaper but last year I got it in HMV for 24 euro after I traded in the old Madden.

Edit - its €60 on gamesnash, I imagine that there will be places selling it cheaper.

Well then it doesn't matter. Definitely 50 euro in gamestop?

Well then it doesn't matter. Definitely 50 euro in gamestop?
    That's Wat they said was on the system they said it can change but it prob won't and absoloute worst case scenario it goes to 55 I got extra credit on my trades because it was a pre order though so I have it payed off

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Hi guys - just to clarify - the €59.99 price that was showing up earlier is the publishers RRP - we're €52.99 delivered. Gamestop's price doesn't include their delivery charge of €2.00

Lads,

Here's something we would do ...

I know you're a smaller community than Fifa but if you can give me 10 orders for Madden 13 we would include your orders in the more the merrier offer we have for Fifa 13.
    Any update on this? Also interested. Could get your company at least 10 sales if so biggrin.gif

So if the 10 sales come through you would get an immediate €3.00 voucher and possibly up to €10.00 voucher for Gamesnash depending on how many are bought. No pressure Santry Red :p

We will as normal prioritise boardsies picking but for obvious reasons can't promise to get you the game a day early.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Pat, could you know the €3 off the price rather than doing a voucher?

I'd say including the PS3 guys, we'd probably be looking at 20-30 orders

Pat, could you know the €3 off the price rather than doing a voucher?

I'd say including the PS3 guys, we'd probably be looking at 20-30 orders

To be honest with you the voucher concept spreads the discount across 2 purchases so it's easier to swallow for us. And of course it means we might get some customers used to coming back to us which is why we would fund the voucher as a marketing expense. We don't even make €3.00 profit on the game so it's not that we have the room to cut the price by €3.00

We sell PSN / Xbox points so the voucher would no doubt come in handy for the inevitable DLC that will come out for the game - especially if it is more than €3.00 as the sales wrack up.

That said if the community preferred we could go with a straight forward discount code for you to make it cheaper than Gamestop but €1.50 would be the best we could do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Hashtag ThugLife

Still no demo on playstation store, any reasons for this?

To be honest with you the voucher concept spreads the discount across 2 purchases so it's easier to swallow for us. And of course it means we might get some customers used to coming back to us which is why we would fund the voucher as a marketing expense. We don't even make €3.00 profit on the game so it's not that we have the room to cut the price by €3.00

We sell PSN / Xbox points so the voucher would no doubt come in handy for the inevitable DLC that will come out for the game - especially if it is more than €3.00 as the sales wrack up.

That said if the community preferred we could go with a straight forward discount code for you to make it cheaper than Gamestop but €1.50 would be the best we could do.
    Cheers for trying to do us a deal.

To be honest, I will probably just go in store on the day and trade in my old game. I will literally never play it again so may aswell get the money off the new one rather than store credit. I am sure a lot of people will be doing the same.

Paully D wrote: »
    Here's a 175, YES 175 page long manual giving you every bit of detail you could possibly want on Connected Careers. It covers everything from player types and schemes, scouting, progressions, re-signing players, free agency etc. It also gives hugely detailed team profiles from page 35 onwards, so if you're considering taking a certain team, this manual is the best place to find their strengths, weaknesses, style, cap space, list of future draft picks, needs etc.

Basically everything you could possibly want to know is in this manual:

http://vassets.ea.com/Assets/Resources/File/M13ConnectedCareersManual.pdf

If anyone's a bit confused on whether to look at the coach or player information remember the ''being/playing as a coach'' parts are the ones we need to look at as that's what we'll be playing as in the Connected Career mode. Happy reading/studying :cool:

Just on this lads, from reading around page 26, I think we need to decide whether we're going to be creating coaches or just using existing ones.

I know they're having a discussion about it on the Madden PFL site and they seem to be leaning towards creating coaches. This is because everyone would be on a level playing field whereas if we use existing coaches those picking teams like the Patriots or Eagles will have obviously have coaches such as Belichick or Reid and will find it far easier to sign FA's, get XP etc whereas those with weaker teams and rookie head coaches such as the Dolphins with Philbin will have more of a challenge to do this.

However, because of the way we're drafting (players with weaker human v human records at the top, players with better human v human records at the bottom) I think we should go with existing coaches as it will give those listed at the top of the draft an advantage, not just by having having better teams, but by having better coaches too which would help closing the gap even further between the best players and those at the top of the draft.

I also think we definitely need to turn firings off, as I could see a lot of people not bothering again if they ended up getting sacked after year 1 for not meeting the season goals, despite putting a lot of effort in during the season building the team.

What do you lads think?

Paully what impact will it have?
    Will the the Bellichecks etc have more skill at selecting FAs, plays, getting better deals for the team on player contracts (better cap space) etc?

I think that the gap will be big enough with people having significantly better players nevermind people having significantly better coaches, even though I am not sure what that means.

It basically means that the more experience a head coach has, the more that would sway the decision. I think everyone should have to create a new coach, it'd be extremely harsh on people down the bottom having medium to poor teams and not really being able to build on that other than the draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Justin10

Ok have been playing the demo for a bit now on the PS3.

First thing which is great the CPU isn't afraid to go for big plays. Seems to be a lot smarter.

The engine is need to stop all the scenes of players passing through each other and the ball going straight through bodies.

Think it was Stevo who compared rushing to NCAA to Madden. NCAA rushing is what turned me totally off the game. Just no time to throw the ball, and i found it way to easy. Think I racked up 7 sacks in one game with USC.

Game is great except for the cut scenes that occur with the engine.
    Doesn't bother me too much as I think rest game is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Had quick read of the coaches bit after Paully mentioned it, would give a little summary but on my phone.
    Will be hard to know until playing it how the different coaches affect the game, but I would be in favour of creating your own guy. That way could decide the type of coach you want to be (motivator, tactician, team-builder) rather than being given an existing one.
    Could be another thing to add to the list of issues we want to vote on.
    Also, definitely turn firings off. No benefit in that for our community that I can see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Patch to be out on release day :) Stops shake blitz (no idea what it is) and the ridiculous dropped passes on all madden!

http://www.madden-school.com/madden-13-patch-goodbye-shake-blitz/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Justin10

Shake blitzing is moving the linebackers left to right back and forward.
    The offensive line misses the blocks. Its cheesing and not really a problem with the game.

Advertisement