Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Dominic Fat Pedestal

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Shake blitzing is moving the linebackers left to right back and forward.
    The offensive line misses the blocks. Its cheesing and not really a problem with the game.
    Ahhh like Ibmax does :)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

Shake blitzing is moving the linebackers left to right back and forward.
    The offensive line misses the blocks. Its cheesing and not really a problem with the game.
    Ahhh like Ibmax does :)

Thought I was the master of the nano blitz ;)

ibmax wrote: »
    Thought I was the master of the nano blitz ;)

ahhh my bad i get mixed up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

The fcuk is nano blitzing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    The fcuk is nano blitzing?

ibmax is the guy to ask about that..

• Advertisement

we gota change the name to ibmaxing

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

we gota change the name to ibmaxing

"you just been ibmaxed" has a nice ring to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Example of the draft from connected careers:

Looks pretty decent. Flows nicely, the Twitter feed is good and the Trey Wingo commentary on the backstory of some picks (not every player has a backstory) is a cool addition. The draft logic does seem a bit off mind (WR going first overall for instance) as is usually the case with anything CPU in these games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Not really into NFL but this looks class.

the rams will have the skins picks that could be huge i think both of them could get picked high lots of upside with the likes of rg3 orakpo and kerrrigan and you have a lot of picks for the rams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Justin10

Love the new live draft, im sure it will repeat pretty quick but its a start :D

the rams will have the skins picks that could be huge i think both of them could get picked high lots of upside with the likes of rg3 orakpo and kerrrigan and you have a lot of picks for the rams

Yeah I think the Rams would be a nice pick, a good project team.

However, as we're only playing 3 seasons (and by the time we get to the 3rd season it's usually summer and people drop out due to holidays etc and the league fades off a bit) I'm not sure if whoever takes them would really have enough time to see the benefits with 3 seasons. More than 3 seasons would be a completely different story mind. That goes for those with teams that could get into salary cap trouble too, I can't imagine it having too much of an effect.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

So where are people ordering this from. Are we oing to get a group together for games nash?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

adrian522 wrote: »
    So where are people ordering this from. Are we oing to get a group together for games nash?

Just going to trade in M13 with gamestop or HMV and which ever works out cheaper, I will go with them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Raoul wrote: »
    Just going to trade in M13 with gamestop or HMV and which ever works out cheaper, I will go with them.

Yeah am thinking of going this tbh, I'll never play M12 again anyway

HMV gave me €23 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

HMV gave me €23 for it.

Same as last year then. Will try and trade mine in asap.

I just can't bring myself to trade it in. I like having the collection :D

I'd be up for pre-ordering from Gamesnash if there was a good few of us doing the same. If you order from them with the express post there would be a (albeit small I presume) chance of getting it on the day before release also.

That said, I do have a few other games along with Madden 12 that I need to trade in and want to get those Turtle Beach headphones for the new game, so it would be easier for me just to trade those games in and use the store credit to kill two birds with the one stone.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I ordered it on gamesnash anyway, a few years ago I went to about 4 or 5 shops and couldn't find a copy.

• Advertisement

Simulated season stats:

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Thanks for the orders lads / ladies (let's not make assumptions !)

If you could drop me a pm with your order number if you've already placed it, and if not already placed mention you are a boardsie in the comments section I will have whatever bonus we end up settling on sorted for you. (and of course get your games out first)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Have we set a date for the team draft?

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Have we set a date for the team draft?

Going to be 1 week/2 weeks after release to allow players to use teams and see who they like.

Also gives us a chance to work out exactly how Connected Careers works.

When is it out? Is it the 28th or 31st?

When is it out? Is it the 28th or 31st?

28th in America, 31st over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Finally able to get the demo. Defensive gameplay is improved big time (3rd and 4th corners automatically lining up opposite WRs for instance makes the game far more relaxing), but the super linebackers/ defensive backs haven't been fixed, they have become even more athletic it seems. Pass rush feels the same, although the bull rush is more effective. Offense is more or less the same as 12, although your guy really has to gain big separation to avoid getting picks. Scrambling is really tough because of how likely you are to trip over someone's ankle, but I think in general the running game is fine. Tbh the commentary is as bad as ever. Absolutely no feel for what's going on on the field. One thing that really annoys me though is that the game looks like it's being played at a million miles an hour and the players all look too skinny. Good enough that I will be buying it.

Gameplay videos of the full version (and one of the new look draft with commentary from Trey Wingo) are below, copied and pasted from Operation Sports forums. I've tried to include videos that contain teams that people on here support, sorry if I've missed your team out but there's not too many videos up of the full version yet.

What do you think then? It seems to look a bit more polished than the demo but it's hard to judge unless playing it yourself I suppose. There's a few mistakes on uniforms but that will be patched straight away I imagine.

From Friday the EA Sports Season Ticket is out (in America at least, not sure about over here) so from then on we'll find out a lot more about gameplay plus other things we haven't really seen such as how connected careers actually works etc.

adrian522 wrote: »
    I ordered it on gamesnash anyway, a few years ago I went to about 4 or 5 shops and couldn't find a copy.

Just ordered it on Gamesnash myself mate.

• Advertisement

Getting it off Gamesnash too.

I'm too nostalgic to give away the old one. I prefer to keep the collection!

Advertisement