Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting images

Options
  • 22-03-2012 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Hi guys

I'm trying to figure out why I can't post images. I've followed the steps laid out here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55194002&postcount=23

But when I preview it all I see is a broken url sort of icon, however the link part does work.
    What am I doing wrong, is there a setting in my control panel maybe that I need to change?
    Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Check point 10 here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056232089

we can't help further without the image in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

Hi Spear

thanks for your help ....

Here's what's happening

bePZVH

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

genie_us wrote: »
    Hi Spear

thanks for your help ....

Here's what's happening

[noparse]bePZVH[/noparse]

That's not an image. It's a link to a page which itself a redirect to another webpage. You'll need a link to the image itself.

Such as this small form of it:

6720047255_c90ba90eb6_n.jpg

Ok thanks Spear.

So I'm taking the wrong info from Flickr...

Test [IMG][/img]6720047255_c90ba90eb6.jpg IMG_3206 by jaryan04, on Flickr

You're adding img tags around the already prepared tags from Flickr in that case, which also includes links to the album and user site.

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    You're adding img tags around the already prepared tags from Flickr in that case, which also includes links to the album and user site.

Ok I get you, thanks!

One last question - so for that I was copying the BB code info from Flickr and also using the IMG tags here. So what specific bit of the info from flickr do I need to grab, is it just the bits within the IMG tags?

The bit in the img tags should just be the image link itself in principle.

Great, thanks so much for your help. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement