Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Landini mechanic in the west ??

• 22-03-2012 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi ,
    I have a landini 9880 that needs work done on the brakes .
    Anyone know a good fair mechanic in the west. I am in west Galway so any where within, maybe 60 miles would be good.

Also the hydraulics were working perfect for the last two years since I bought the tractor , tipping , lift arms etc, but then just stopped suddenly . I've checked oil level, controls etc. Any one hazard a guess ?.

Thanks .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

check your private messages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Michael Hogan in Eyrecourt. I think he's an agent, at least I think he is/was. It might be too far for you though

I'm sure any good tractor mechanic would sort your issues though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭BeeDI

Thought the Landini was very much similar to older Massy Fergusons!

Basic enough machines, which any / most agri mechanics could handle!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 snowmanone

Does anyone know of a mechanic in claremorris or near claremorris. A fella told me there was a lad that used to do a lot of landini s , but hadn't a number for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

snowmanone wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a mechanic in claremorris or near claremorris. A fella told me there was a lad that used to do a lot of landini s , but hadn't a number for him.

O Brien tractors LINK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭MfMan

Hi ,
    I have a landini 9880 that needs work done on the brakes .
    Anyone know a good fair mechanic in the west. I am in west Galway so any where within, maybe 60 miles would be good.

Also the hydraulics were working perfect for the last two years since I bought the tractor , tipping , lift arms etc, but then just stopped suddenly . I've checked oil level, controls etc. Any one hazard a guess ?.

Thanks .

AFAIK Michael O Connell near Claregalway is or used be an agent for these. I'm sure they'd know there how to service 'em. Maybe McHales in Kilmaine also, MF dealers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭Ford4000

That really dont sound good, when u say the brakes need work it alerts me to the fact they were let go too long they r now grinding, the subsequent filings have made there way all round the back end of your tractor and made there way into the valves etc possibly scoring the bores etc etc, labour could be huge fixing this, back end may need to come apart to do the brakes then everything will have to be cleaned out very thoroughly !

• Registered Users Posts: 19 snowmanone

Ford4000 wrote: »
    That really dont sound good, when u say the brakes need work it alerts me to the fact they were let go too long they r now grinding, the subsequent filings have made there way all round the back end of your tractor and made there way into the valves etc possibly scoring the bores etc etc, labour could be huge fixing this, back end may need to come apart to do the brakes then everything will have to be cleaned out very thoroughly !
    Dunno are they grinding , the problem is they come in all off a shot, when you break . The wheels just lock up , and there's no breaking until this happens. I think they are adjusted out all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭valtra8150

ya michael conroy great with any tractor/ machine he is espically good with landinis he used to work in johnny keanes in balla when all them 8550, 10000 and 9880 were all very big pm me if you want his number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Muckit wrote: »
    Michael Hogan in Eyrecourt. I think he's an agent, at least I think he is/was. It might be too far for you though h

Nah, He's NewHolland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Michael O'Connell,

Caraun,

Claregalway,

Co. Galway....

http://dands.ie/landini_dealer_connell.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Ford4000 wrote: »
    This seems to be a serious problem in a lot of tractors. Does this happen only with so called 'Wet Brakes'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

pakalasa wrote: »
    This seems to be a serious problem in a lot of tractors. Does this happen only with so called 'Wet Brakes'?

Mostly newer tractors doing speeds with loads that they probably shouldnt, and especially idiots sitting the brakes going downhill with heavy loads rather that using an appropriate gear! I'm sure anything doing over 40k should have outboard discs like a fastrac.

I'm not saying the OP did any of the above, but it does sound like the back end is contaminated with brake.

Only tractors I have had with "dry" brakes was the Ford 3600 and a Zetor 6340, both were god awful at stopping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭9935452

maidhc wrote: »
    Mostly newer tractors doing speeds with loads that they probably shouldnt, and especially idiots sitting the brakes going downhill with heavy loads rather that using an appropriate gear! I'm sure anything doing over 40k should have outboard discs like a fastrac.

I'm not saying the OP did any of the above, but it does sound like the back end is contaminated with brake.

Only tractors I have had with "dry" brakes was the Ford 3600 and a Zetor 6340, both were god awful at stopping.

40k 9880s had external brakes on the front axel as standard

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Charlie Charolais

Keane's Tractors (Balla)
    Claremorris rd Balla Co. Mayo
    (094)9365064

Advertisement