Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies some info please!

Options
  • 22-03-2012 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I'm looking into heading to Australia in the next few months. I know lots of guys have gone from home and have been working in mining, construction etc, but I'm hearing very little about jobs and work that the Irish ladies are doing over there. I'm just looking for some information on this and what areas I should be focusing on in finding work! I have a degree in business and am a qualified secondary school teacher at home.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 luckylass

Im in the same boat wondering what its like for women out there at the moment hope someone here has got some info for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I know a large number work in traffic direction. However if you have the skills try your luck at those job types that involve those skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Agree with Zam, if I was a lady, id probably go do Traffic Control for 3 months to cover my second year, the u 20 odd months to do what ever u want.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

good money in traffic control too for some reason........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

shane. wrote: »
    good money in traffic control too for some reason........

I suspect it's something to do with the high mortality rate....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

And standing out in the sun for 12 hours a day. Its not a easy job. Plus if u screw up u could kill someone.

Advertisement