Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best internet deal for house in dublin 12

Options
  • 22-03-2012 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭

im sick of magnet . it blows . anyone got a good deal to change my fone and net over ?? im paying 70 a month for fone and net 8mb crapola

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

irishjay wrote: »
    im sick of magnet . it blows . anyone got a good deal to change my fone and net over ?? im paying 70 a month for fone and net 8mb crapola

UPC.

25 meg broadband and landline phone calls (free national calls) for 20 euro a month.

Thats for the 1st 2 months,then the price goes to 40 euro a month.

You sign up online to get the 1st 2 months for 20 euro a month.

Eircom is a waste of time:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭irishjay

double to 50mb for extra 5r too i got on that deal quickly . cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

maget have the fastest dedicated in ireland... but with UPC the split can be as low as 8:1 or as high as 25:1...

buyer beware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

paddy147 wrote: »
    Eircom is a waste of time:rolleyes:

why do you say that?

For my office I get 8mb BB, ALL calls to all landlines and all mobiles anytime of day + landline rental for 59.99 + vat (bill used to be €300+ with perlico)

For home, 1st 6 month 46.99 for 8mb BB + landline calls + 30min mobile & incl line rental.

If you rarely use a home phone to make calls, it may not be best, but if you do make calls, its excellent value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

sandin wrote: »
    If you rarely use a home phone to make calls, it may not be best, but if you do make calls, its excellent value.

excellent value, really? In what way?
    your Eircom package:
    http://www.eircom.net/broadband/products/bundles/ngb/18/
    similar package with Vodafone:
    http://www.vodafone.ie/df/homebroadband/productdetails.jsp?productid=572056&producttypetab=HOMEPHONEBROANDBAND&categorytab=subcategory_1&perlicoid=115055

Differences?
    -Vodafone: cheaper, more minutes to mobiles (but VF only), 4 times the data allowance, did I mention cheaper?;-)
    -Eircom: uncongested broadband (useless with a 10GB a month data allowance)

UPC probably beats both of 'm...
    Eircom is fine but I wouldn't call it excellent value....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭irishjay

eircom yes lot of hidden problems . i did a google on it . upc seems best

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

If you're getting UPC don't forget to checkout the boards deal (€50 voucher and 50%off for first 2? months) or the did/pcworld deal €125/€250 (depending on package) voucher...

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭frank9901

i use utv.internet, 17 euro for 3 mb (i always get 3.4 to 3.6) 12 gb downloads limit
    or pay extra 6 Euro for unlimited downloads
    phone has free off peak calls to ireland and uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

frank9901 wrote: »
    i use utv.internet, 17 euro for 3 mb (i always get 3.4 to 3.6) 12 gb downloads limit
    or pay extra 6 Euro for unlimited downloads
    phone has free off peak calls to ireland and uk

What I HATE about utv internet si they have a termination fee of about €40 to close your account no matter how long you are with them. - Even higher if you are within first 6/12 months.

Advertisement