Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Enabled Exchanges

Options
  • 22-03-2012 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭

Could you send me a link to the map of broadband enabled exchanges in North Tipperary. Use to be able to see it online but i don't know where they moved this on the site.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It was an eircom site named broadbandatoz.ie, now shut down.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭regress

Broadband roll out appears to be more or less abandoned except for a handful of Exchanges every year. As Spingebob said roll out website has been shut down and Eircom are refusing to say what Exchanges if any will be enabled in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

chris2008x wrote: »
    Could you send me a link to the map of broadband enabled exchanges in North Tipperary. Use to be able to see it online but i don't know where they moved this on the site.

Hi chris2008x,

Thanks for your post. The eircom Broadband Products' website may give you an indication of availability in a specific area. If you have the phone number, you can generate a response and best optimum broadband on the particular line. That is, you can choose if heavy or light broadband usage :

http://www.eircom.net/broadband/

The broadband a to z coverage map has been discontinued for some time, as Spongebob advised. I don't have any information of a new updated coverage map. I will try to find out and post this if I get more information.

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭chris2008x

Is the Holycross exchange broadband enabled just i am looking into moving there.

Holycross in Tipp has ADSL, the up to 8mbit year 2001 version of DSL that is .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

chris2008x wrote: »
    Is the Holycross exchange broadband enabled just i am looking into moving there.

Hi Chris,

As per Sponge Bob's post, there is a standard broadband connection available from the Holycross exchange however it is due for an NGB upgrade towards the end of 2012. We don't have an exact date as yet but it is in the pipeline for NGB. If you like, PM me the exact address and I'll check what the possible speed would be at the moment.

Cheers

James

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Any plans for NGB for Williamstown. Co. Galway.

Any particular reason why Eircom has shut down broadbandatoz and is now refusing to publish a list of non enabled Exchanges?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Any plans for NGB for Williamstown. Co. Galway.

Hi Zimmerframe,

I have checked the Williamstown exchange for you and unfortunately it isn't planned for NGB to the end of 2012, although it is ADSL2+ enabled which allows for 'up to 24mb' on the closer lines to that exchange. Wish I could deliver better news but no plans right now. The list is subject to changes so check back whenever you like and we'll follow up on it for you.

Cheers

James (Logged in as Mark)

Mark, separately from NGB plans can you publish a list of ADSL2 enabled exchanges. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Mark, separately from NGB plans can you publish a list of ADSL2 enabled exchanges. Thanks.

Anybody?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭chris2008x

That is really good news that it will be NGB enabled. I won't be too far from the exchange hopefully as I am house searching in the centre of the village.

Any progress on getting that list of enabled and non enabled Exchanges lads? Doesn't seem to be available on broadbandatoz or Eircom.ie anymore. Assume someone took it down by mistake as this is basic information about fixed line broadband provision in Ireland. Might even be of interest to multinationals thinking of locating here.

The broadband a to z coverage map has been discontinued for some time, as Spongebob advised. I don't have any information of a new updated coverage map.

Kind regards,
    Ant

Please clarify this statement Ant. Are you confirming that Eircom is refusing to provide a list of non broadband enabled Exchanges?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭lockup35

Digiweb have a list of NGB enabled exchanges. Ignore the 2011 date..

http://www.digiweb.ie/home/bundles/ngb/enabled.pdf

Advertisement