Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does vat registration take?

Options
  • 22-03-2012 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭

hi lads
    my accountant sent the forms of to register for vat 4 weeks ago
    i still havnt got a vat number?
    this seams a bit long?

any help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭CompanyBureau

It usually takes about 3 weeks as far as I know. They are very slow in dealing with VAT applications unfortunately. A phone call to check that they received the application might help?

Surprising when you think the government are saying they are trying to make life easier for small businesses and also encourage entrepreneurs from abroad to set up here...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If its your first vat number I think its the same as your pps number. You could ring them just to confirm. Not sure the legalities of using it while you water but it might help you get a few things moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭CompanyBureau

That's assuming he's a sole trader - he might be a company!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

thanks guys

im a sole trader yes

i sent the aplication around the 20th feb, im surprised its takin so long to sort
    i know my vat number is just my pps with ie at the end and iv tried that but still no working

i didnt think they would be so busy lol

cant use it till its registerd, tried all ready

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭billybunty

sc86 wrote: »
    thanks guys

im a sole trader yes

i sent the aplication around the 20th feb, im surprised its takin so long to sort
    i know my vat number is just my pps with ie at the end and iv tried that but still no working

i didnt think they would be so busy lol

cant use it till its registerd, tried all ready
    Hi,
    I sent tr1 in last monday week& got verification today with vat no.
    Phone revenue & ask about it, they may have mislaid your application. Mine was processed in dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

mine went to navan, must ring them
    its a joke at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

I was worried for the first four years but it eased up a bit after that .....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement