Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballyboden Road closed

Options
  • 22-03-2012 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭

Anyone know why this road was closed this morning? Police car at the Ballyroan Roundabout blocking it off. My OH just went past and it's still closed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭McGrath5

I went past this myself earlier, traffic was mental at about 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Heard from someone who was there at the time. Apparently a car flipped over (no other car involved) onto the road. Mother bringing her kids to school. All occupants were taken out of the car fine, but then the driver collapsed at the roadside.

Gardai at the scene allege that the driver has died, but they are notoriously unreliable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

It's unusual for them to close a road unless a person has died. They normally do it so the road accident investigators can come in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 architect_board

Yes I passed by there this morning and they block the road until 14hs. Something happened. I cannot find anything in the news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Gevie Stee

I heard a woman had a heart attack while driving and knocked down 3 sancta maria girls going to school??
    Hopefuly everyones ok

• Advertisement

Still can't find any news about it

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Gevie Stee wrote: »
    I heard a woman had a heart attack while driving and knocked down 3 sancta maria girls going to school??
    Hopefuly everyones ok
    Heh, chinese whispers. Nobody was hit by the car as far as I heard. The driver jumped out of the car after it had flipped and with the assistance of the person I was talking to, took her kids out of the car. Everything seemed fine, then she just collapsed.

Can't see any news on it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

So that explains the traffic yesterday morning

My OH was talking to her father who lives in Glendoher. He knew the woman's husband. She had a haemorhage while drinving her car down the road with her 3 kids in it. She crashed into the railings. Road was closed and woman taken to hospital. She's critical at the moment. The kids were ok. He never mentioned anything about it flipping

Advertisement