Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right packaging but wrong item

Options
  • 22-03-2012 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

I need advice asap on an issue that I have at the moment with an order that
    I ordered from an online website. I ordered a bra and knicker set and a couple of other things and they arrived a couple of weeks ago,
    I opened the packaging of the bra and knicker set and in the box is a red lingerie dress!!
    Not what I ordered !!

Now back before Christmas I actually did order this Red lace lingerie dress and I still have it and I also ordered a pair of red knickers with it.
    Now at the time I ordered the lace red dress from the .com website as I didn't realise that this company also had a .ie website so i ordered the black bra and knicker set from the .ie website.
    I know that this seems confusing and it is baffling me !!
    Now I did send an email as soon as I opened the package to advise them of this and the lady asked me to send it back and she will send me my correct item straight away,
    Now I only managed to send it back yesterday as I have a newborn so obviously my baby comes first and I didn't think I'd have this problem with it.
    The representative from the company rang me this morning she explained that the company are saying that this could not have happened as the 2 items are actually packaged separately in 2 different warehouses!

I feel like I am getting the blame and that they seemed to think that I swapped my red dress for the bra and knicker set and sent it back which I must stress I did not (and it would never ever cross my mind to do something like that!!!)
    I still have MY red dress which I ordered before Christmas !!
    I feel really let down by this company !!
    Can someone please let me know what to do !!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

I'm sure you can understand where they come from, it's a common <SNIP> with walk-in shops so I guess it happens with on-line ones too. Unfortunately without evidence to the contrary you just have to use your skills of persuasion to convince them you're telling the truth. Perhaps sending them a photo of your dress with today's newspaper could help?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This really shouldn't have happened as these would have been different order numbers on their order systems.

Anyway, perhaps a photo of the two red dresses together might help convince them. Keep pushing - ask for an RMA and arrange to return the wrong item.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,595 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Agree, photograph the red dress against a newspaper with today's date.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm not sure this proves anything, other than the fact that she has a red dress on this day. What she might prove to them is the fact that she has two identical red dresses, when they believe that she only has one.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

dudara wrote: »
    I'm not sure this proves anything, other than the fact that she has a red dress on this day. What she might prove to them is the fact that she has two identical red dresses, when they believe that she only has one.

She has already sent one back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

dudara wrote: »

Deleted: Thought twice!!

Advertisement