Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Games & Interactive Entertainment Development

Options
  • 22-03-2012 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Has anyone done this course?

I want to do game design/movie special effects/animation one of them would this be a good start? I didnt do art in school so have no real experience with art only drawing with a pencil. Iv done some 3d animation from 3d buzz and love it.

Any advice guys?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Dr. Jonathan Crane

I did it last year. I really enjoyed it. There's a lot of 3D on the course, so it's good you're into it. There's no drawing with a pencil, aside from a sketch or two to be handed up in final projects. Other than 3D, there's java programming, image manipulation, game design with the unity engine and I think they may have added a sound module but I'm not sure. If you're thinking of doing it next September, I'd familiarise yourself with some of the programmes.

You'll mainly be using Photoshop, 3D Studio Max and Unity. Just getting a feel for them beforehand really helped me when I began it.

Edit: Oh, I'm two months late.. Did you go for it? :P

Advertisement