Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stain on new oak floor

Options
  • 22-03-2012 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭

So finally the builders and the decorators have left! I lifted the floor coverings yesterday to unveil our new oak floor to find a lovely water/liquid stain in the middle of the floor :eek:

How can we treat this? The contract cleaners will be coming in next week to do the heavy cleaning and I'm hoping they may have some magic solution that will remove/cover it :o. Failing that, what can we do to treat it bar sanding it down and re-varnishing? It's a Glengarra Whiteriver oak engineered floor, lightly varnished.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Are you sure the stain has penetrated the varnish? That would seem unusual on the face of a new board.

Have you tried cleaning it yet? If not, do so with a damp nonabrasive clean cloth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Are you sure the stain has penetrated the varnish? That would seem unusual on the face of a new board.

Have you tried cleaning it yet? If not, do so with a damp nonabrasive clean cloth.

:o It's gone! I was so horrified when I saw it that I automatically assumed that it had penetrated the board! I took a damp cloth to it as you said and it came off. It seemed to be slightly sticky but there's no damage done thank God! :D
    Thanks for your help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 coskar79

Hi lilybarlean,

Can you tell me where you purchased the floor. I am currently ringing a few places to get the best price for the Glengarra Oak. I just love it..

Thanks

Advertisement