Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little Big Planet Karting !

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Wasn't Modnation Racing pretty much Little Big Planet Karting already? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Exactly what I taught, but now this is going to be the ModNation Racers killer :p Looks so much better to be honest... ModNation Racers was a bit of a let down...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Excellent, any idea when it's out?
    Hopefully it will be a summer release for when the kids are out of school.

Sharrow wrote: »
    Excellent, any idea when it's out?
    Hopefully it will be a summer release for when the kids are out of school.

Since it was only announced now, and judging by the release of LBP and LBP 2 (which I believe where a November release :confused:) We could see it hitting shelves around about November/December... May be good Christmas present...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Was hoping it could be a birthday present, damn hope they don't hear about it too soon,
    cos other wise that's months of expectation and pestering.

• Advertisement

Sharrow wrote: »
    Was hoping it could be a birthday present, damn hope they don't hear about it too soon,
    cos other wise that's months of expectation and pestering.

Haha yeah I was waiting for Little Big Planet for over a year, maybe there will be a beta in a few months..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

United Front games (the guys behind mod nation) are making it in collaboration with media molecule. Guess this is effectively Modnations racers 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Even though LBP has a ramshackle aesthetic - it's odd to see wheels clipping through the vehicle body in promotional material for a modern game. Hopefully that speaks to an enormity of customisation.

Media Molecule have, despite several attempts, been unable to implement a satisfying jump mechanic in a platfomer. I can't say I'd immediately trust them to produce a non-squishy handling model for this game. Hopefully the collaboration with United Front will be beneficial.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

mario kart style battles!??..... for that reason,

Zq8uD.jpg

I`M I N.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Did anyone get a BETA key for this? The BETA started yesterday. I didn't know that they were running one and the page to sign up doesn't exist any more on the US PS Blog.

I was watching some of the videos on YouTube and it looks really good. It has been too long since I've played a good Kart racer on console.

• Advertisement

Just got my BETA invite. 3.5GB download thought. With PSN speeds it might take some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,742 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

got my beta key too, just downloading , i have not sen much about it so hopefully its good !

I played a bit of the beta, was fairly impressed. I like karking games, especially mario kart. I have just seen this article about some of the tracks they created, just in the beta. linky looks like this could be a fantastic game !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

As the Mario Kart mimicry proves, the worst thing about giving player's creative control over design is that they'll inevitably just copy pre-existing material. Or at least the truly imaginative stuff will get significantly less attention than the Mario cloning :(

i'd imagine when the game comes out, and some good versions of mario kart are out of the way , people will get creative and begin creating batman themed tracks etc !

I live in hope anyway :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,114 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Don't know if i was lucky, but i could download the public beta on PS+ there the other day.

So far, and it's basic at the moment, it seems meh. Nothing groundbreaking, but the ability to make custom tracks could make this sell more. The "weapons" and very typical so far. I'll give it more time.

Is anyone playing this now that it is free on PS Plus?

I am finding it incredibly frustrating because it seems to be based more on luck than skill. The AI just spam weapon attacks on you, especially when you reach 1st place. You are given the option to use your own weapon to protect yourself but more often than not there will be more than one projectile thrown at you. Also if you race near the centre of the track you are nearly guaranteed to be hit by the AI when they use speed power-ups.

Advertisement