Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's Ardkeen Village like?

Options
  • 22-03-2012 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭

We're seeing a house in Ardkeen Village over the next couple of days, and I was just wondering what the area is like from anyone who lives or who has lived there.

I'd be particularly interested in that little walkway that goes by the back of Lidl - I'm always wary of places like that. Are there ever any groups of young lads sitting around there ken acker drinking, etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

fricatus wrote: »
    We're seeing a house in Ardkeen Village over the next couple of days, and I was just wondering what the area is like from anyone who lives or who has lived there.

I'd be particularly interested in that little walkway that goes by the back of Lidl - I'm always wary of places like that. Are there ever any groups of young lads sitting around there ken acker drinking, etc?

Pass down there and thru that lil gap in wall you talking about, never seen anything dodgy there. Ardkeen Village is fine, suppose you could head down there late at night to see what you think for yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭rayc

Lived there for 3 years, very close to that walkway entrance and used it all the time. Can't say I ever really saw anyone congregating there, never felt at risk when walking through there even at night. It used to be a field (which did feel a bit dodgy) but since they covered it/converted to a carpark it's fine.

For me Ardkeen Village was excellent, nice quiet area with everything you need at your doorstep really.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thomas01

It's a good estate and that walkway is safe from my experience. Used it many times coming back from the Uluru late at night. When I was walking through the estate last week, some guy had decided to build a diy two storey galvanized shed onto the side of his house. Looks awful. It does nothing for the image of the estate as it is adjacent the main estate road. Hopefully the planners will have it down before long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

Don't worry about that walk way its safe quite area

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Waterford26

nice quiet area, tesco, lidl, GP, hospital, barbers, uluru, post office.. everything u need is here..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Thanks all for the replies - sounds good!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

thomas01 wrote: »
    It's a good estate and that walkway is safe from my experience. Used it many times coming back from the Uluru late at night. When I was walking through the estate last week, some guy had decided to build a diy two storey galvanized shed onto the side of his house. Looks awful. It does nothing for the image of the estate as it is adjacent the main estate road. Hopefully the planners will have it down before long.

what is it with that shed thing. He had built one a few months ago that was much worse, then modified it recently to make it slightly smaller and with internal rooms. Pretty hideous.

I walk through the estate every day at least once, never encountered any hassle other than clowns blocking the footpaths with their cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thomas01

There are reasons why so many people park on the foot paths in that estate. Frisby made many of the driveways too narrow to park two cars side by side. As most houses have two cars, one car is forced onto the road. If you arrive home after your neigbour, you end up on the path/margin to avoid blocking the road.

On the main road through the estate there are people who park their cars right across the footpath completely blocking pedestrian access at times. There's plenty of room on the road for parking so in that case it comes down to inconsiderate drivers. I do accept that side roads are narrow and the pedestrians to be inconvenienced will be those also parking on footpaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

old gregg wrote: »
    On the main road through the estate there are people who park their cars right across the footpath completely blocking pedestrian access at times. There's plenty of room on the road for parking so in that case it comes down to inconsiderate drivers. I do accept that side roads are narrow and the pedestrians to be inconvenienced will be those also parking on footpaths.

How are they completely blocking pedestrain access? Do you have to take a detour like?

• Advertisement

How are they completely blocking pedestrain access? Do you have to take a detour like?
    I'd not suggest that the footpath is always blocked but it seems to happen probably as tenants change in that front row of houses but cars will occasionally pull in perpendicular to the footpath blocking it completely. For most pedestrians (myself included) this just means walking into someone's garden or out onto the road to get past. For someone with a pram, and there are plenty of those passing down that road, it means some considerable inconvenience. It doesn't bother me wildly but is a pain for those less mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Waterford26

guys form next door have 4 cars, another house beside 2 cars ..where to parking then? I dont thing its so bad as old gregg says. But what I hate on ardkeen are dog's sh1ts on footpaths! ..much worse than the cars i thing ;)

Advertisement