Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul Simon, The 02 Dublin, 12th July 2012.

Options
  • 22-03-2012 4:08pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

PAUL SIMON,
    The O2 Dublin,
    Thursday 12th July 2012.

PAUL SIMON CONFIRMS DUBLIN SHOW

Concert to include a special performance of the ground breaking album “GRACELAND” in its entirety.

PaulSimon2012_Web.jpg

TICKETS GO ON SALE THURSDAY 29 MARCH AT 9.00AM.

PAUL SIMON has confirmed a show at The O2 in Dublin, Thursday 12 July 2012. Included in the evening will be a special performance of his Graceland album and will feature Ladysmith Black Mambazo.

The night will cover songs throughout his illustrious career, as well as the performance of the GRACELAND album. This will be the first performance of this type which kicks off a month long tour in Europe

‘Under African Skies’ – a documentary directed by Joe Berlinger chronicling the creation and lasting influence of ‘Graceland’ debuted at the Sundance Film Festival in January of this year, kicking off a year-long celebration commemorating the 25th Anniversary of Paul Simon’s musical and cultural achievement.

In 1986, ‘Graceland’ sold 14 million copies worldwide, and received universal praise from critics around the globe. In 1987, it won Album of the Year at the Grammy Awards. Then, in an unprecedented carryover, the album garnered the Grammy for Song of the Year with its title track in 1988.

Graceland continues to provide rewards to its listeners and remains a pivotal listening experience for writers, artists and fans alike.

All in all it promises to be an incredible evening, from one of the greatest contemporary songwriters of our time

www.paulsimon.com

Tickets for PAUL SIMON live at The O2 Dublin are priced 54.65, 70.45, 81.00 & 116.00 Euro and go on sale Thursday 29 March at 9am.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Was at the Graceland concert back in the '80s and it was a great night. I will definitely go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭skaface

116 euros for a ticket.. must be in the Brass Section ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Any idea if there is a standing section or is it all seated?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

At those prices, I reckon it's fully seated. €116 for the flat, with the tiered seat prices staggered accordingly. Alternately, it could be €81 to stand, €116 for premium tiered seats, and the lower prices for further back. There's no plan up on Ticketmaster yet, and Aiken don't specify. We'll have to wait and see.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

what a man, well past his time, could only sell vicar street at 80 a pop last time, now his manager is like hmm cant bring out another album what will we do BINGO!! lets go on tour do all of the graceland album sell tickets are stupid prices and you make a million and your sorted for a year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

but1er wrote: »
    what a man, well past his time, could only sell vicar street at 80 a pop last time, now his manager is like hmm cant bring out another album what will we do BINGO!! lets go on tour do all of the graceland album sell tickets are stupid prices and you make a million and your sorted for a year

If I was his manager that's exactly what I'd tell him to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Wow, This sounds sooooo good. Was hoping for this announcement. I hope it's standing so I can afford it.

It'd be pretty hard to stay sitting for alot of the graceland stuff.

Couldn't sit down when this is happening live

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

This is going to sell out fast, no matter what price the tickets are.
    Anyone know if there'll be a presale?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

skaface wrote: »
    116 euros for a ticket.. must be in the Brass Section ;)

Seriously is that how dear this is?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

€116 for 2 I hope :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

lordgoat wrote: »
    Seriously is that how dear this is?

It's in the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭david_etc

It is very very dear, but I think I'll still try and go... maybe get one of the 81 euro tickets.

Simon has always been one of those guys I want to see at least once in my life so I suppose this is as good a chance as any. I'm a much bigger fan of his S&G material but I'm sure this will still be excellent.

It is fully seated according to ticketmaster :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31,906 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Same seating arrangement and price range as Elton John. It's usually the venue that commands these prices. It makes me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Any news on a pre-sale for this?

If it's fully seated then I want to make sure I get the cheapest seats. No way am I paying 100 euro plus! I got stung bad when I went to see Rush last year....

I know MCD are good for pre-sales but does Aiken have a habit of doing them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

lc180 wrote: »

If it's fully seated then I want to make sure I get the cheapest seats. No way am I paying 100 euro plus! I got stung bad when I went to see Rush last year....

Try something like €250 I paid for two for Yusef Islam if you wanna feel stung :(

Can't wait for this gig, absolutely stoked but swore I'd never pay mad money for a gig again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Same seating arrangement and price range as Elton John. It's usually the venue that commands these prices. It makes me :(

wrongity wrong. Artist sets the price of a ticket. Well - the promoter and artist agree a fee the artist will accept to do the gig, then the promoter takes that number, adds on the cost of hiring the venue and their own profit, and divides it by the number of tickets they can sell.

The ticket prices (highest and lowest) will tend to follow a certain pattern, but they say the rough rule of thumb is that of any ticket price, the artist is getting a third, the venue a third and the promoter a third, with the artist and venue getting paid first. Which would be why a certain promoter would be flogging the support act at the RHCP like the bejaysus; if the gig doesn't sell out, the loss has to be taken by promoter - the same promoter who negotiated the fee at the start.

What's the story with o2 presales? I've never used them before. Do they give access to the entire venue or only some of it etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

does anyone know what the keyword is that we need to text to o2 for the presale tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Tickets booked, really wanted the floor but was more than happy with block E.

Cant wait !

Front row of block G. Should be a pretty good seat.

Hoping for a few S&G classics after the Graceland performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Is the o2 pre-sale sold out?!?

I just tried to get tickets and no luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

lc180 wrote: »
    Is the o2 pre-sale sold out?!?

I just tried to get tickets and no luck!

Not sure, you only get 1 chance with the password so cant try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

oleras wrote: »
    Not sure, you only get 1 chance with the password so cant try again.

The code is valid until tkts are actually bought, you can keep trying until you get the tkts you want. I got 2 in block B. Not quite the same price as when I saw Graceland originally. :( But still it should be a great night.

B63679B8DF50466FB8CC2A0F53C44F97-0000336305-0002794400-00440L-E96ED2DEFA3F4754B169DA63D6ABF3FC.jpg

£15.50...

jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

I cant seem to register for the priority tickets, I've logged a call with O2 who have apparently put my call as a priority cos the presale ends in the morning.

But i will probably still miss it and then be a complete wreck at 9am tomorrow, panicking trying to get tickets!

Anyone in ticketmaster outlets tomorrow, get there early. Van Morrison tickets on sale at the same time. Big Ques I'd say :)

• Advertisement

I cant seem to register for the priority tickets, I've logged a call with O2 who have apparently put my call as a priority cos the presale ends in the morning.

But i will probably still miss it and then be a complete wreck at 9am tomorrow, panicking trying to get tickets!

If you're online at 9am refreshing the page you'll definitely get tickets. The O2 is a big venue, I wouldn't think it'll sell out super quick.

Advertisement