Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony photo competition.

• 22-03-2012 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I submitted a photo to the sony photo competition which is being advertised and promoted on facebook, my question is, has anyone on here submitted a photo? and did you receive a conformation e.mail that your photo has been Received? as i haven't received any conformation.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

I submitted a photo to the sony photo competition which is being advertised and promoted on facebook, my question is, has anyone on here submitted a photo? and did you receive a conformation e.mail that your photo has been Received? as i haven't received any conformation.

Thanks.

I'd say if you're on Facebook and sending photos off to a Sony competition advertised and promoted on said social network then you don't need a conformation email, you're doing pretty well at that all by yourself.

if you meant a conFIRMation email then who knows. Maybe sony. Maybe facebook. Maybe it'll come in due time. Maybe not. Maybe all our actions are ultimately pointless and serve only to glorify our increasingly powerful and omniscient corporate overlords. Who can tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

Off topic but is anyone else well and truly fed up of all these comps and special offers that you have to enter thru facebook..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

BengaLover wrote: »
    Off topic but is anyone else well and truly fed up of all these comps and special offers that you have to enter thru facebook..

Yes.

Any old sh!te will do, just spam everybody you know (and some you don't) with 'vote for me'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

Yes.

Any old sh!te will do, just spam everybody you know (and some you don't) with 'vote for me'.

Photo competitions that have no photographic merit whatsoever. Makes my blood boil.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Thanks for that Stella

I'd say if you're on Facebook and sending photos off to a Sony competition advertised and promoted on said social network then you don't need a conformation email, you're doing pretty well at that all by yourself.

if you meant a conFIRMation email then who knows. Maybe sony. Maybe facebook. Maybe it'll come in due time. Maybe not. Maybe all our actions are ultimately pointless and serve only to glorify our increasingly powerful and omniscient corporate overlords. Who can tell.

Thanks for that, i must brush up on my Homophones, or maybe not!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Thanks for that Stella

trooney wrote: »
    Photo competitions that have no photographic merit whatsoever. Makes my blood boil.

Relax my Friend, high blood pressure is bad for ya!!

Its not a world renowned photo competition, its Sony promoting Sony on Facebook, i know that, but I'm sure you wouldn't mind winning the prize!!

Return flights from Dublin to London for two people. Drinks reception at
    Somerset House, followed by the Sony World Photography Awards Gala Evening and
    Awards Ceremony at the Hilton Park Lane for two people. One NEX-C3
    Interchangeable lens digital camera (NEXC3DB). Plus one nights B&B at a hotel.
    I will send you a picture from the hotel:)

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

BengaLover wrote: »

Very much so, i don't mind having my details on facebook but i don't like hosting or even submitting images through facebook because i had a lot of work stolen over facebook and admin were completely useless in getting it removed. now i just post a link from a flickr set and leave it at that. i generally don't enter competitions through facebook that involve submitting images but the last 3 regular competitions i did enter, i actually won :)

Advertisement