Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frog legs/meat anywhere in Cork?

Options
  • 22-03-2012 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭

For a while now i have tried to find a place that would sell frogs legs/frogs meat for some french cooking...havent come across nothing like that.
    Any of you ever bought it in Cork City or County?
    If so, where, where, where??:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

kart wrote: »
    For a while now i have tried to find a place that would sell frogs legs/frogs meat for some french cooking...havent come across nothing like that.
    Any of you ever bought it in Cork City or County?
    If so, where, where, where??:confused:

Ring a french restaurant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I'd be amazed if you could find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Firegaurd

There used to be loads down the black ash when I was younger but its all built up now. I haven't seen a frog in years though.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

You could try the English Market or ring L'Atitude 51 (the old Lobby) as they have had them recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Firegaurd wrote: »
    There used to be loads down the black ash when I was younger but its all built up now. I haven't seen a frog in years though.

common frogs are a protected species though, you can't just go eating them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

deRanged wrote: »
    common frogs are a protected species though, you can't just go eating them.

Yea, lol, and because im not exactly a frogexpert i wouldn't just go and catch them. They a bit different sort of frogs also i suspect..
    I will try to ring that restaurant n see what they say. I dont want to go out there to eat them tho, i want to cook them meself at home, maybe they are willing to sell me frozen ones if they have them or even point me in direction of their supplier:) tnx everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

cx oriental do/did them

• Registered Users Posts: 17,023 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'd say O' Sullivan's poultry by the fountain in the English Market would be able to get them for you.

Also La Rousse do them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

mawk wrote: »
    cx oriental do/did them
    What happened to them? They were supposed to be moving to the back of the petrol station next to Woodies but they aren't there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,023 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

CJhaughey wrote: »
    What happened to them? They were supposed to be moving to the back of the petrol station next to Woodies but they aren't there now.

Yes they are but on a much smaller scale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

CJhaughey wrote: »

They sure are, just behind the garage. Was in there not an hour ago.
    Enjoy.

Advertisement