Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dinasours stuff

Options
  • 22-03-2012 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just got my 2.5 year old son a cool dinasour t shirt in h&m for 6 euro. He loves it and won't take it off. Anyone else got good dinasour tips? We have the ice age videos.

Just having my second childhood, it's great :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Greystoner

Bet it's the green tshirt with the velveteen trex!We have that one and my little guy loves his too.

Tips for you to help feed his and your imagination...
    You can spend a fortune on plastic dinosaurs, but if you go to car boot sales, you can pick some up really cheap.

There are loads of books available, but the best one we got was the National Geographic one. At 2 and a half though, you might prefer the Usborne books. Libraries are great too.

The BBC 'Walking with dinosaurs' is excellent, but again, agewise, your son may not be up for that one.

The best thing we have done 'dino' wise is to go to London to the Natural History museum-you can see the bones and get a real feel for the sizes of the big beasties.

Playmobil do nice dinosaur sets.

For my little boys 5th Birthday, we did a dinosaur themed party with creepers hanging down, an inflatable 6foot TRex (from ELC) and themed games and of course a dinosaur world cake.

For a bit of fun, you can get dinosaur shaped sandwich/cookie cutters.

There are a few songs on youtube about dinosaurs.

This is all of the top of my head, but the dinosaur phase was great fun. It has cooled off a bit now, but may re-surface again. There is so much to learn about. I think we learn alot through our children-having to learn about dinosaurs so we could talk about them properly was great. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

natural history in london kicks ass! but wait a year or 2, took my then 4yr old son and niece a year ago and they LOVED it.
    osbourne books do a great drawing dinos book, really really easy and hours of fun ( must drag it out again) one of the best activity books I have bought.
    My son, now 5, got a dino encyclopedia from santa and we got over a month of bedtime reading out of it.
    Dinos rock.
    Oh and dont forget Harry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

My 2.5 year old is mad into dinosaurs also, we bought her a box set of "the land before time" series of movies, (there are about 10 of them at this stage) but the first three are brilliant,

there is also a movie called "we're back a dinosaurs story" ( my brother used love dinosaurs when he was young!

hope it helps, smyths have dinosaur stuff too if you are looking for toys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

We got given a set of 'mould and paint' dinosaurs, I think bought in hamleys. The kids can make their own dinosaur badges and fridge magnets. A grown up makes the moulds and they can paint them.

Cath Kidson also has a range of dinosaur print stuff. My boy has pajamas and a school bag but I'm pretty sure they have other stuff too. There's a shop in Dundrum or they sell online.

One thing that my boy finds fascinating is that no one really knows what the dinosaurs looked like- its all about guessing from fossils...when he got his head around that (at around 5) it really blew his mind. We had fun with a dinosaur colouring book doing all sorts of different colours and finishes on the dinosaurs and he thought it was so cool that anything that he could come up with may have been how they really were.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭PammyD

My son is 3 and LOVES all the "Land before Time" dvd's.. Xtra Vision have a good selection of them.. Also most €shops have lil bags of toy dinosaurs which my son gets hours of playtime with.. Or Dinydonsaurs as he calls them himself :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭LashingLady

Another dinosaur crazy household here!

There's some nice dinosaur episodes of popular shows. The Little Einsteins had one called Quincy and the Instrument Dinosaurs which is just delightful and my little boy watched it day in day out (it was around the time his little sister was born so it came in VERY handy!

Next often have very nice dinosaur t-shirts, they can be more expensive than the other shops but the quality is very good. He was chuffed with his t-shirts going around roaring like a t-rex all day. (He saw jurassic park and has the t-rex roar down to a "T"!)

There's some lovely books pitched at that age have a look at www.thebookdepository.co.uk they have good deals on kids books.

We have an inflatable T-Rex from the Early Learning Centre which is taller than my little boy. I think it was €8. They have some nice stuff in there that might be good for birthday or Christmas.....

Some one mentioned Youtube - The Dinosaur Song is hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Greystoner

Oh the dinosaurs- big as trees!
    Dinosaurs -brains like peas!

We love this one!
    (you tube)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Future Baby

Came across this when I was doing some online shopping with my virtual money :D He may be a bit young, but when I saw it I remembered your post looking for dino stuff!

http://www.nextdirect.com/ie/en/shopping/homeware/childrens-bedroom/34/

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭mummymoo

heatons have dino curtains and duvet covers and there reduced at tho mo, going to get some curtains for my boy's room x

Advertisement