Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steak Dinner with Chips and A Beer for €12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Monday to Thursday, 7-9. Many restaurants have early birds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Argentinian Qilmes beer to be precise. Somebody may be able to confirm whether this impacts on whether it is a bargain or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

If it's Quilmes then I wouldn't be a fan but it's drinkable especially considering what most people choose in the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

sweetie wrote: »
    Monday to Thursday, 7-9. Many restaurants have early birds.

Wrong -
    Terms & Conditions

• Vouchers can be used from 1-1-2012 between 5PM and 7PM Monday to Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

6oz ribeye. I think I would have to buy two of these and exchange at the same time :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Yeah I meant 5-7. Mistyped 7-9 on phone which would be a better deal. If you want a cheap steak dinner buy one of the cafe Carlos deals that regularly appear on boardsdeals, pigs back etc. good quality steak, cheap as chips, no major time or day restrictions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Zab wrote: »
    If it's Quilmes then I wouldn't be a fan but it's drinkable especially considering what most people choose in the pub.

It's no better or worse than Heiniken/bud/carlsberg/whatever else is being served in most bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,921 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I often had a 6oz while I was waiting on my steak to fry.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I know several people who have had really bad experiences with poor service and food in this place, so I won't be rushing to buy the deal myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Neil

The place is right beside work and i've been once and it was for lunch but the experience wasn't that great. we were a table of 10 and took 40 minutes to get our main courses ready when we all had ordered standard grilled chicken and it wasn't particularly busy at the time - there were like at max 6 other people in the restaurant - that being said the food was lovely and they were apologetic for the delay.

I guess I can't really justify the 40 minute delay for chicken to be cooked when I visited was essentially an empty restaurant.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Went there before with a boardsdeal voucher. Awful place. Terrible food, terrible service. Even the steak, which they're supposed to be good at, was meh

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

You'd have to pay me to eat there, so bad was my experience the one time I was there, rubbish service, disinterested staff, and crap food

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Zaph wrote: »
    I know several people who have had really bad experiences with poor service and food in this place, so I won't be rushing to buy the deal myself.

Agree, was completely rubbish on both occasions. Overpriced and the steak was chewing a piece of leather.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

A 6oz steak:D, there must be having a laugh.
    Id need 4 of them if i went in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

I've heard the steaks are pretty poor in there. And the hand cut chips are not that plentiful. That act of stacking five chips in a tower

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

A 6oz steak:D, there must be having a laugh.
    Id need 4 of them if i went in there.

Going to South Africa next month and will get 4 X 6 oz when I go out :D

Advertisement