Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about the TV Licence fine

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

All public domain stuff.
    Not quite. No personal details of landlord nor tenant are published to the public.
    https://www.prtb.ie/faq.aspx#Q2

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Thoree

The Final Update!

The same inspector just left my house about 5 mins ago, he had a quick look at where the cable from the satellite dish enters the house, asked me a couple of questions about my pc and xbox, looked at the connections on the back etc, and marked me down as not being liable to pay! Wooohoooo! As it happens he's actually quite a sound guy, my first impressions of him were a little off, chatted freely about his job for a few minutes, and some of the stuff he has to put up with. Not a job I'd do myself I think, haven't got the patience!

Anyways I was apologising for the part I played in kicking all this off, and joked that he'd probably be back later in the year when the new system comes in, but according to him the new system won't be anything like the current one, it's going to be a subsidy on every home regardless of whether you have a tv or broadband! Sneaky gits! He also reckons the job of collection and inspection will be taken away from An Post, but he stopped at that.

Maybe it is a fairer way of doing things, if the price doesn't soar that is......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Apparently An Post have signaled their intent to exit the TV licence collection agency some years ago but have been kept on.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭KM88

If there is an aerial on the roof, you need a licence.

cobblers!

I hate when people answer questions without knowing the answer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This is a zombie thread - therefore closed

dudara

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement