Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPad 3 on sale MIDNIGHT tonight @ PC World

• 22-03-2012 5:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭

I know this has been mentioned but figured I'd create a thread so everyone knows. It's only the Carrickmines and Airside branches, and they are only open for 1 hour, so if ya fancy getting your paws on one early best head on to PC World;)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I take it you're not heading up yourself. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Dades wrote: »
    I take it you're not heading up yourself. ;)

I think I will actually..sold my iPad 1 on adverts for 250 and it's burning a hole in my pocket. I had planned to get an android device instead but the missus fancies an iPad and if she is gonna cough up half then that may well be settled:)

You going up yourself? Handy if your at work in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

Handy for me as I am working across the road in The Wright Venue tonight but I don't know if I will be able to pop over! Trying to rope my dad into heading over for me to pick it up and drop it over to me. I wonder will there be queues? Any point in heading up at 12.45?!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

cojomo2 wrote: »
    You going up yourself? Handy if your at work in the morning.
    Thought about it... but HMV Grafton Street reserved me one, and they open at 8am.

The store is only 2 mins from my office so made sense, although I kinda would have liked to see the midnight fun in Carrickmines!

Good luck to all. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭practice

From recent reports you should insist on a free
    pair of oven gloves with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I've read about far too many issues to justify getting one now... Stupid apple forums :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭decies

Ricky91t wrote: »
    I've read about far too many issues to justify getting one now... Stupid apple forums :(

What you talking about Willis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

practice wrote: »
    From recent reports you should insist on a free
    pair of oven gloves with it.

Total exaggeration.

A device that has more processing power, higher resolution screen, better graphics is of course working harder and will therefore be warmer (not hot).

I have read that it's warmer in only one part and it's completely normal.

Ever felt how hot a laptop gets when working hard?

It's fine but just gets highlighted because it's an apple product. Just like Antennagate was completely blown out of proportion.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 JoeyJonson

Total exaggeration.

A device that has more processing power, higher resolution screen, better graphics is of course working harder and will therefore be warmer (not hot).

I have read that it's warmer in only one part and it's completely normal.

Ever felt how hot a laptop gets when working hard?

It's fine but just gets highlighted because it's an apple product. Just like Antennagate was completely blown out of proportion.

↑↑↑↑ This man speaks sense ↑↑↑↑

decies wrote: »
    What you talking about Willis?

There's issues with the wi-fi, screen hot spots and of course the warmness which is no problem to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,330 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

murpho999 wrote: »
    Total exaggeration.

It doesn't seem to be if your using brightness and graphics applications.

Antennagate was very real.

It gets highlighted because they make such a big fuss over one particular product, if there going to hype the ipad 3 so much it can't have a usability problem like getting to hot for heavy users or dropping a phone call when you hold it a certain way.

Why are they having a sale so early..... ; )

Android-icecream-sandwich.jpg?t=20120119115152

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

cojomo2 wrote: »
    I think I will actually..sold my iPad 1 on adverts for 250 and it's burning a hole in my pocket. I had planned to get an android device instead but the missus fancies an iPad and if she is gonna cough up half then that may well be settled:)

you big romantic bastard you! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

It doesn't seem to be if your using brightness and graphics applications.

Antennagate was very real.

It was real for a very small percentage and millions of iPhone 4' worked perfectly well.
    It gets highlighted because they make such a big fuss over one particular product, if there going to hype the ipad 3 so much it can't have a usability problem like getting to hot for heavy users or dropping a phone call when you hold it a certain way.

Why are they having a sale so early..... ; )

What sale are you talking about?

Thing is that Apple are market leaders in many categories, and people just to try find fault with it.

Your ice cream picture is very nice and adds nothing. That's software you're talking about software.

I'll stick with iOS which works smoothly and has better apps thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Every time Apple bring out a new product ..out they come...

ta.jpg

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

It's so true the android brigade out in full force once again

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The issue isnt neglible but its also not huge. its a 10% increase in temp but what they were having the iPad do was pretty heavy (running InfinityBlade2 for 45 minutes solid while transferring a huge file via wifi). the pad has never felt anything but cool to my touch so I wouldnt be too concerned.

Here's why I wont be upgrading too soon. I've never looked at my pad and thought "the screen is a bit sh*t on this thing". I didnt look at the iPad1 and think "this thing is too thick" either.

The improvements just arent enough to make me want to fork out another 500+ quid for one. Thats not to say I wont at some point (purely because I do a lot of photography work on mine) but I just dont see a compelling reason to upgrade now.

By the way I'm far from being a member of the android brigade, I dislike the OS. I own a mac and an iPhone and recently sold my iPad 2. I can't however justify spending nearly €500 on one if the above issues are true...

RVN10 wrote: »
    It's so true the android brigade out in full force once again

It's not that. I use OSX every day but I have used ice cream sandwich and think it's an excellent OS, I don't see any advantage in using iOS only disadvantage.
    The iBrigade not even trying ICS before splashing out €500 is just blind purchasing. My android phone works perfectly with Lion, syncs, back-ups, updates etc and in my opinion ICS running on a €100 hp touchpad is faster than any iOS pad i've tried.
    I understand why OSX is beginning to get popular but iOS has it's work cut out this year. It simply has too many limitations.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Where can I get a pad running ICS for 100??

(sorry slightly off topic but still, pertinent if true...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Did they sell them at midnight? No new iPads on sale on the Apple website from midnight. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

mad muffin wrote: »
    Did they sell them at midnight? No new iPads on sale on the Apple website from midnight. :confused:

Waiting to order from Apple.ie myself. Say it'll be available in the morning at 8am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Looks like you can order them now from the irish Apple store online, but with a 1-2 week wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

They still have stock in PC World and Harvey's in Airside retail park in Swords. Happy Days. Much better launch this time round as adequate stock was given to the Group 1 Tier retailers.

DeVore wrote: »
    Where can I get a pad running ICS for 100??

(sorry slightly off topic but still, pertinent if true...)

Low ball someone on adverts for a 32gb Hp Touchpad. I pad €130 for mine new most people paid €99 for the 16GB new. They have a 2year warranty so most for sale will be still in warranty and some will be hardly used if they user wasn't any way technically minded to put ICS on it.

Advertisement