Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Creative Hub

Options
  • 22-03-2012 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all

Apologies in advance for the length of this post....

Im posting here to let people know about a new initiative called Waterford Creative Hub that we hope to launch in the City.

The Creative HuB is a project that aims to put structures in place for startups or those currently working in creative industries in the areas of IT/ multimedia/ design/ commercial art, with a view to working together in a common location in Waterford City.

Creation of the HuB will be facilitated by Waterford City Council (this is where I work). The HuB building will be located in the city centre. The Hub will have high speed uncontended managed internet connectivity. For the businesses that will be based in it, the Hub will become a centre for collaboration, networking and sharing knowledge. The building will have public access by means of a retail presence at street level.

The objectives of the HuB are two-fold; it will be a collaboration of businesses, whereby coming together to work in one building those businesses will build capacity, potentially win bigger projects and create additional employment for Waterford. Secondly, the HUB will provide benefits to the community in terms of learning and development opportunities and by adding to the vibrancy of the city centre.

Ive set up a Linkedin group, if you are interested in the idea of the Hub, you can join us here ...... Linkedin Page

If you are a startup or business looking to locate in the hub, you can take a survey on the Linkedin page.

We are also hosting an event next Tuesday at lunchtime, details will be posted on the Linkedin page so if you are interested in what we are about (or have any ideas for the Hub), please join us...

Thanks for your time.

Paul

Paul Kelly
    Project Manager
    Waterford Creative Hub
    pkelly@waterfordcity.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

It would be great if we could view the group/page.

Regards...jmcc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Waterford Creative Hub

Hi John
    I've approved you on the group so all should be ok now
    Thanks
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

Hell yeah, reading things like this puts me in a good mood!

This is a fantastic initiative everybody involved deserves the up most praise; I hope it is a huge success. Hopefully it will develop into another ArcLabs for Waterford. Things like this and the people working to achieve it make me feel confident that the city centre has a bright future. :)

Where is the building located?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

Hi John
    I've approved you on the group so all should be ok now
    Thanks
    Paul
    Thanks Paul,
    Working fine now.

Regards...jmcc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Waterford Creative Hub

Hi ballybricken
    Thanks for your comments....

We haven't narrowed down to one building as of yet although we have seen over a dozen. The reason for this is because we want to see if the concept will work and that there will be a decent number of startup or existing enterprises to make the Hub feasible. So we are asking these enterprises to sign up to our group via LinkedIn , take the survey and come along to our meeting next Tuesday at lunchtime in City Hall.

We also hope to develop a public access element to the project where members of the public and visitors to the City can visit , if anyone out there has any ideas or suggestions we would really welcome them ......

Thanks again
    Paul
    Paul Kelly
    Project Manager
    Waterford Creative Hub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭SheFiend

Very exciting stuff! The very best of luck to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

This is a really brilliant idea and I hope it's very successful. It might just prevent a few of our bright talents from leaving the city or, indeed, the country.

If I can think of anyone who might be interested, I'll be sure to pass it on.

Advertisement