Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you unlock a bill phone while on a contract?

Options
  • 22-03-2012 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

i was wondering i i could unlock a bill phone from vodafone and switch to meteor. ill still pay the bill on the vodafone contract, but meteor has more to offer such as free calls and texts and igb of data. any help or advice would be great. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 PrincessHolly

i forgot to mention that ill be switching to meteor prepay

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭pigeon999

i forgot to mention that ill be switching to meteor prepay
    Yeah you can. You'll still have to pay the bill to vodafone though. And vodafone probably won't give you the unlock code.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

You should be able to request one through the website

do i have to be in a contract for a certain length of time before i can do it??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Well as far as I know you need to be able to log in to your Vodafone account online in order request the NAC code.

If you don't have an account to log in with your only choice is to ring them. I'm not sure how far will that get though. Generally you should get an unlocking code no matter what.

There was a regulation where the networks had to supply you with a network unlocking code since it was your right. Unfortunately that's as far as it went I think. No time frame or stuff like that.

Though its sent out by text I think so no matter who your with as long as you have the same number you should get it. I know of times where we did get an unlocking code even when the customer left the carrier. Unfortunately it wasn't for Vodafone :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭pigeon999

Best bet is to ring them 4 four times and see what each time they say if they give you the code great if they don't you'll have to pay for it

just tried on my vodafone. it says i need to spend €200 before i can get the code. i paid a deposit of €150 when i got the phone so could i credit my account an extra €50 and it would work?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,218 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What plan and phone have you from Vodafone?

What plan and phone have you from Vodafone?

its a my way plan for 24 mths. its a samsung galaxy s2

• Registered Users Posts: 13,536 ✭✭✭✭fits

It doesnt seem very sensible to do this?

Sounds like you've only just started the contract and its a lot of money to pay for something you're not using.

• Advertisement
Advertisement