Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screw Up with Order and Billing

Options
  • 22-03-2012 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭

Hi There,

I've recently moved into a new apartment and, having perused the market, decided that Eircom's Next Gen Ultimate Broadband for €40.48 per month was the package for me. This is the one which claims I get a €60+ discount when booking online (€30.36 connection and €30 off the first bill (Not to mention the free, although cheapy and therefore not going to be used router, but still free is nice, can't argue with free).

The first problem was that there was a mix up with the package I ordered and instead of the NG Ultimate I received the home plus package (3Mb/s, 30GB limit). A quick call to Eircom and I was told I had to upgrade, which I proceeded to do though no-one was able to tell me why it hadn't worked the first time (although a suspect a cost change as I'm fairly certain it was more expensive when I initially ordered the package).

Next, I received a bill for €30 for the connection but wait, was this not meant to be in the €60 off promotion for ordering online?

Now a new bill has come in charging me €83.50. To say I was shocked was an understatement. The breakdown for that one is:

Eircom package charges: €24.79
    Service and Connection Charges: €43.10
    Call Charges: €0.00
    VAT: €15.61

I wasn't exactly impressed initially when my order wasn't what I had actually ordered but it didn't seem like a big deal to swap. I'm annoyed that the promised €60 reduction for ordering online does not seem to have been applied. I'm also extremely annoyed that I'm being lumped with a bill which is no-where near what all the advertisements on your website claim, oh and by the way, the bill still says Broadband Home Plus as the type of package I'm on, surely that's meant to be only €30.49 per month, or at least that's what the website claims.

Can anyone explain to me just what the hell has happened here and why Eircom now propose to charge me this amount?

Regards,
    Antar.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi There,

I've recently moved into a new apartment and, having perused the market, decided that Eircom's Next Gen Ultimate Broadband for €40.48 per month was the package for me. This is the one which claims I get a €60+ discount when booking online (€30.36 connection and €30 off the first bill (Not to mention the free, although cheapy and therefore not going to be used router, but still free is nice, can't argue with free).

The first problem was that there was a mix up with the package I ordered and instead of the NG Ultimate I received the home plus package (3Mb/s, 30GB limit). A quick call to Eircom and I was told I had to upgrade, which I proceeded to do though no-one was able to tell me why it hadn't worked the first time (although a suspect a cost change as I'm fairly certain it was more expensive when I initially ordered the package).

Next, I received a bill for €30 for the connection but wait, was this not meant to be in the €60 off promotion for ordering online?

Now a new bill has come in charging me €83.50. To say I was shocked was an understatement. The breakdown for that one is:

Eircom package charges: €24.79
    Service and Connection Charges: €43.10
    Call Charges: €0.00
    VAT: €15.61

I wasn't exactly impressed initially when my order wasn't what I had actually ordered but it didn't seem like a big deal to swap. I'm annoyed that the promised €60 reduction for ordering online does not seem to have been applied. I'm also extremely annoyed that I'm being lumped with a bill which is no-where near what all the advertisements on your website claim, oh and by the way, the bill still says Broadband Home Plus as the type of package I'm on, surely that's meant to be only €30.49 per month, or at least that's what the website claims.

Can anyone explain to me just what the hell has happened here and why Eircom now propose to charge me this amount?

Regards,
    Antar.

Hi Antar,

Can you private message me with your eircom account number and I will look into the charges outlined on your bill.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Hi Mark,

Just sent a PM there now with the account no. Also, just to clarify as I realise I didn't above, I'm aware that line rental is a separate monthly cost with the aforementioned packages and therefore the monthly cost is more than advertised on the bundles.

Regards,
    Antar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Mark,

Just sent a PM there now with the account no. Also, just to clarify as I realise I didn't above, I'm aware that line rental is a separate monthly cost with the aforementioned packages and therefore the monthly cost is more than advertised on the bundles.

Regards,
    Antar.

Hi Antar,

I PM you back.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement