Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gah, how to improve on the Irish Essay?

• 22-03-2012 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Thanks a lot - I'll ask her. Took the essay down in case I end up being accused of plagarism or something if I write it for the real thing! :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

I'll be honest - I think that definitely deserves more than 72.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Definitely deserves more than 72, in my opinion. Few mistakes (some of which seem to due the typing, also), rich language. Good handle on the tenses. A word count indicates 687, plenty for the Leaving Cert. You should ask your teacher why it got 72.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Was there a question to go with this essay? If your essay doesn't link directly to what you're being asked you can lose marks. Not sure if this is what happened with you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

M&S* wrote: »
    Was there a question to go with this essay? If your essay doesn't link directly to what you're being asked you can lose marks. Not sure if this is what happened with you though.

Possibly this^. It seems like you are trying to fit a lot of points in on a broad subject, which is hard since the Irish essays are generally quite short now.

Advertisement