Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil Operation Racoon City

Options
  • 22-03-2012 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭

Any one getting this tomorrow?

I pre ordered this so hopefully will get this tomorrow or Saturday.

If ya are add me on xbox live :) could use some boardsies to explore the multiplayer options together :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

i have seen so many bad reviews but i cant wait for this me and a mate going to finish this tomorrow really cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Well I think at this stage I'm buying cause I'm a fan of the RE Series. Was completely disappoint with the drift off from the story line of Zombies with Las Plagas. Hoping this will be a bit better, even though this is sort a new type of gameplay.

I think every RE game I buy is a small spark of hope it will be as good as it was back when the first one came out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Any one getting this tomorrow?

I pre ordered this so hopefully will get this tomorrow or Saturday.

If ya are add me on xbox live :) could use some boardsies to explore the multiplayer options together :)

It's out tomorrow :eek: Darn it anyways, I don't have the funds for it.. And this was one of the games I was most looking forward too.. May pick up 2nd hand in a few weeks or something...

I didn't either :) blackmailed the gf to go half's to keep me quiet :)

Win = Win :)

I didn't either :) blackmailed the gf to go half's to keep me quiet :)

Win = Win :)

Winner winner chicken dinner for you :p Wow it really got dreadful reviews, surely price will drop after a week or 2?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

it's okay, but only in multiplayer. my review is here: http://clickonline.com/games/review--resident-evil-operation-raccoon-city/7935/

Winner winner chicken dinner for you :p Wow it really got dreadful reviews, surely price will drop after a week or 2?

It sure does, but its pre-ordered anyway. In the start when I seen it I was mostly exited about the online multiplayer. So ill see how that goes.

AI was always dumb in RE games, and there's was always invisible walls (ie. im stuck on RE Code Veronica X on my Xbox cause there's an invisible wall in my way to push a button in order to continue a game, contacted CAPCOM. They told me to delete the game and save data and that should fix it, what a brilliant solution of loosing all your work...)

But that pretty much shows that their games since the PS1 been downgrading in terms of quality. Back in PS1 days it was more acceptable cause no other games had any better :) or was capable. I guess Capcom is just loosing its touch and focusing on profits more rather than its gamers.

Most gamers said the story line was quite horrid. If it is then I say CAPCOM screwed up extremely bad cause playing on the bad side is probably what everyone wants because everyone want to see the story from the other side.

But ill leave judgement for when it comes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

its not that the storyline is bad, it's more that there isn't one. you're told by USS command what to do, and you go do it

there's nothing there really by way of actual mythology progression really

I have only ever finished 1 RE game and thats RE5 on PS3... I loved it though and flew through it, story was awesome as was gameplay... Only other RE game I played was RE4 just didn't put enough time into it...

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RogerWilco1982

A live stream from CAPCOM;

http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

It's quite amazing how capcom can release such an amazing resident evil game on 3ds and then give this pile of puke to consoles. God I hope there isn't Any pc version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's not developed by Capcom though, only published, but I still would have expected more with regards quality assurance.

Was the only game I'd been looking forward to for ages, but disappointed now with the reviews before I've even gotten it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

It's quite amazing how capcom can release such an amazing resident evil game on 3ds and then give this pile of puke to consoles. God I hope there isn't Any pc version.

It's being released on PC in May. Maybe some kind souls can mod the game so it doesn't suck.

I wrote a review here as well. http://www.noobreview.com/video-game-review/resident-evil-operation-raccoon-city-review/

Pretty bad, but bizarrely picks up in the middle of the game, by which time most people would have given up. Multiplayer is decent.

edit: Review is only fixed now. For some reason a draft of it was showing up on the site rather than the finished version!

Wow. Thats all i can say.

By far the worst RE game i ever got.

It was delivered to me on Monday but only got to play it today. What a pile of crap. Online is fairly fun or storyline matchmaking too (thanks to the people on the other side) if not for that AI would have made the game even worse. Biggest waste of my 50 euros on a game so far.

6 missions. Shortest gameplay for story ever. Lots of bugs and incosistencies too

Gonna trade it up for something else tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

My mate picked this up yesterday, and invited me around for a few games today. Never being one to turn down a bit of co-op goodness, I was there and ready to bust some zombie heads... Then we realised that there was no local multiplayer. No impressed with this.

I was going to trade this in, but decided to wait for the spec ops mission DLC.

And I'm glad I did, because in the meantime I've been playing online alot, and it is fantastic. Infinitely better than the single player. Put more time into it now than the SP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Looks like it still managed to sell over two million copies. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

gizmo wrote: »
    Looks like it still managed to sell over two million copies. :(

It is sad to be honest, I wonder how much of those copies are bought and traded in in less then a week though?

Capcom will still see this 2 mil as great sign: ze more actione!!!!!!

Advertisement