Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law and French Law

Options
  • 22-03-2012 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Ok, im currently trying to decide on what course i should study and am thinking about law and french law. if anyone dooing the course could help out itd be ver helpful

1. is this considered lesser than a law degree by employers because you dont do all the modules?

2. where do the majority of students go on their year abroad? id really like to spend a year in Paris

3. How many do this course on average each year and whats the ratio of boys to girls?

4.what are the job prospects like? im planning on working abroad(London, New York or maybe France), i know youve to complete exams if you want to be a solicitor but if you want a good high-paying job(would be nice) do you need to do a masters at a top school?

5.whats the workload like. it seems like theres not too many lectures but ive heard theres a lot of reading outside of class

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

I can't answer for most of your questions but a quick note on 4) If you wish to practise law abroad you will have to pass the country's exams, you can't just go to a country and practise law.

Even when a student here completes their law undergrad they are still not fully entitled to practise yet. If you wish to go abroad there's still a fair bit of work left, just something to consider.

Advertisement