Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Queueing For new iPad

• 22-03-2012 6:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hey all,
    I was planning on getting up early and Queueing for the new iPad at compub on Grafton street and I was just wondering who else is planning on Queueing, what store and what time?

See you there!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭emrys

i just pre ordered in harvey norman and picking it up on way to work - haven't queued since the original playstation came out:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Should prob change this to a queue status thread etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭SilverSparkle

Going to queue at Liffey valley in the morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Hard to imagine there will be a need to queue unless people just want to be there for when the store opens & get their iPad early. Sounds like there is no stock shortages for this iPad launch....

cigan007 wrote: »
    buy and pay for one now on spam diddley spam spam spam

They only have 16gb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

They only have 16gb

And website is like the internet in 1997!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭Gotfoodforphil

cigan007 wrote: »
    buy and pay for one now on spam diddley spam spam spam

They only have 16gb

Who only has 16Gb?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭travelledpengy

Haha the website is awful!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

Was thinking about queuing myself. what time are people gonna head along at. I don't want to get up to early :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭Gotfoodforphil

I just walked by compub on grafton street and there's no one there so at least no one's going mad this year!

I'm gonna get up at maybe 7 to head on for it

• Advertisement

Was thinking about queuing myself. what time are people gonna head along at. I don't want to get up to early :-(

Im gonna be at Liffey valley or blanchardstown at 8am. I'll decide in the morning.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Outside CompuB now ... I'm maybe 30th in a queue of 40.

HMV f*cked me over. Reserved one of theirs in HMV yesterday to allegedly pick up this morning (early opening 8am) and this morning found signs on their windows saying "Reserve you new iPad for Monday!" They weren't even open for me to bitch at them...

Anyhow, here's hoping CompuB have the goodies.

Dades wrote: »

HMV f*cked me over. Reserved one of theirs in HMV yesterday to allegedly pick up this morning (early opening 8am) and this morning found signs on their windows saying "Reserve you new iPad for Monday!" They weren't even open for me to bitch at them...

Anyhow, here's hoping CompuB have the goodies.

I got mine in blanch! Heading home already. Hmv in KK said hmv are in group 2 and won't be selling til Monday. Pc world etc are group one

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭yrrag1974

Anyhow, here's hoping CompuB have the goodies.]

Saw the queue at Compub. Walked down to Arnotts. Picked up a lovely new shiny iPad and walked back past the Compub queue, with bag in hand.. They seemed to have more than enough stock down there..

Go you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

Got one at pc world in Naas this morning. The very nice staff let me in early I was home and all before 7am ;-)

We're in the store here now. Bit of a pain they didn't open earlier. None of the staff too worried about a riot. They must have plenty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

None to be had in Laois. :(

Ordered online from App in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭dpe

yrrag1974 wrote: »

Anyhow, here's hoping CompuB have the goodies.]

Saw the queue at Compub. Walked down to Arnotts. Picked up a lovely new shiny iPad and walked back past the Compub queue, with bag in hand.. They seemed to have more than enough stock down there..

Got them on the Arnotts website as well, just ordered one and had the confirmation. Should get it by Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Got a 32GB Wifi black in PC World Galway this morning. I was the only one there! Manager saw me outside and let me in :D

• Advertisement

Well I got my black wifi. :)

They'd started to run out of a few models in CompuB and some disgruntled people were leaving the queue of about 30 behind me.

Worth the hour or so in the queue to have it for the weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

No 32GB wifi only to be had anywhere in Cork it seems, tried, PC World, Currys, CompuB and Harveys - nothing. Did i miss anyone that stocks them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭decies

Got my 16 gb black, store opened at 9 in pc world Waterford , about 7 in the queue lol, am syncing apps it's very slow doing that !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mariotr87

I was this morning in compub (limerick) queuing for a few minutes, just to find out that they didn't have any 64 wifi only and only two 32 wifi only. Due to my position in the queue I couldn't have got that one either so I just had to give up :D
    Ordering 64GB, wifi only, black now online. At least I can choose what I want...I'll cancel if I find one of these tomorrow, but I don't think I will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

Got two 16gb wifi in PC World Jervis street about an hour ago.

No shortage of stock what so ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Still plenty in Harvey Norman, Swords Airside. Just got a white 64GB Wifi. Retina screen really rocks!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

ADSLUSER wrote: »
    Retina screen really rocks!! :D

It'll be at least 8pm tonight again I get home to use mine :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Have just walked out of pc world Liffey valley with a 32 gb wifi black after Harvey Norman Naas screwed up the reservations. Wont be darkening their doors again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

mariotr87 wrote: »
    I was this morning in compub (limerick) queuing for a few minutes, just to find out that they didn't have any 64 wifi only and only two 32 wifi only. Due to my position in the queue I couldn't have got that one either so I just had to give up :D
    Ordering 64GB, wifi only, black now online. At least I can choose what I want...I'll cancel if I find one of these tomorrow, but I don't think I will.

seriously? they only have 2 ipads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

You lot buying screen protectors/ipad covers as well?

Advertisement